It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Behind the Promise: A Libertarian Dictatorship

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Hey, check my post! Hope it alleviates your anger somewhat.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Great OP, it's nice to see someone actually put some thought and projection into an anti-Ron Paul post.

I feel it's all an impossible dream.

I feel the same way, and hence why I have asked these questions none of his supporters are seemingly able to answer specifically! I'll give you a star for your response.
edit on 11-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't think i quite understand you sir. You seem to know that we are in big trouble as a country, you seem to know that we cannot afford another war, we cannot afford another big spending greedy politician. However, you seem to support a guy (Mitt Romney) that is pretty much a perfect example of an establishment, war mongering, greedy politician. At the same time you constantly (and a little bit obsessively might i add) bash on a candidate who has shown integrity, honesty, and a genuine concern for the eroding of our liberties. which unlike both Obama and Romney, Paul has had a consistent constitutional voting record through all of his 12 terms in congress, he never changes his views to please who he is speaking to, weather that be crowds of people, lobbyists, or potential donors.

Even if you don't support all of what Paul wants to do or says he can do. We've got a genuine guy here that really honestly does care about the people. That alone should be enough to at least not bash the guy.

My question to you sir, is what exactly is it your helping with by bashing a guy like Ron Paul?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRamblinRose

My question to you sir, is what exactly is it your helping with by bashing a guy like Ron Paul?

The only reason its considered bashing by people like you is that you are fanatical supporters of him (forgive me if I am wrong) but that's why I am asking these questions. I am always suspicious about a thing with this much support. It's more like what my dad always taught me. "if it's too good to be true, it must have a catch."

I want to know what Ron Paul's catch is...And I think I've got it!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

I am a RP supporter but I see the difficulties here. Let's say he gets elected, then what. Where the hell does he start and how much pain will be caused along the way? It's so difficult because there is such a huge mess to clean up! The pain along the way is gonna be very, very hard along the way.

Don't get me wrong, no pain, no gain but I think a lot of people seem to think it will be instant change. There is no such thing.

This OP has really opened my eyes to the real problems that are faced.

Ron Paul for prez! Just be prepared for hardship to make things better.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You'd be wrong sir, i am an actual Libertarian who is voting for the actual libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. I just don't see the point in being against someone like Ron Paul who despite his shortcomings is really the last honest guy in congress. I mean why out of the 2 is Romney the proven liar a better choice than Paul the consistent truth teller?

DId Thomas Jefferson have a catch?

edit on 11-5-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: Edit to add to first paragraph.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I am a RP supporter but I see the difficulties here. Let's say he gets elected, then what. Where the hell does he start and how much pain will be caused along the way? It's so difficult because there is such a huge mess to clean up! The pain along the way is gonna be very, very hard along the way.

Don't get me wrong, no pain, no gain but I think a lot of people seem to think it will be instant change. There is no such thing.

Exactly and there is something fishy always about the topic of Change... Weather it be good to some and bad for others, why is this change supposedly soooo good? Will it work? What if it doesn't work. The RP cult is really truly sure that RP will do all these things, so they ask. "What if it does work?" I have grown from that mind set, and now all times I ask, what if it doesn't work?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It's quite funny too because I saw your posts jj and thought, 'uh, spunkface'! But now you have presented this solid theory, I respect you.

Tell me though, what do you think a solid vote would be? For the good of the country, and why?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Exactly and there is something fishy always about the topic of Change... Weather it be good to some and bad for others, why is this change supposedly soooo good? Will it work? What if it doesn't work. The RP cult is really truly sure that RP will do all these things, so they ask. "What if it does work?" I have grown from that mind set, and now all times I ask, what if it doesn't work?

But now I'm thinking, what if we stick with the others and are just heading into a train crash?

It's all too fruckin confusing, thay are winning. We're screwed.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Could it be that he is the ONLY politician who has EVER stayed on the path that he has stated he is on by voting that way EVERY TIME????

You come up with more and more absurd things every time you open your mouth.

Ron Paul is the only politician that has given us ANY reason to trust that he believes what he says and you are asking why we don't scrutinize him more?? We DOOOO!!!! that's WHY we think he is the best politician for our country.

Jaden

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You'd be wrong sir, i am an actual Libertarian who is voting for the actual libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. I just don't see the point in being against someone like Ron Paul who despite his shortcomings is really the last honest guy in congress. I mean why out of the 2 is Romney the proven liar a better choice than Paul the consistent truth teller?

It's comical when you look at it all.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Change may or may not be good, it could turn out very bad, it could turn out very good, but how will we ever know if we keep voting for more of the same politicians? The politicians that we already know for sure will be destructive? That is my question.
edit on 11-5-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Actually Jefferson was much like Paul. Besides for the facts that he was against the constitution eventually adopted by the US at first, he tried to create many different types of constitutions. One in particular, for Virginia which was never accepted by the rest of the founders... Jefferson disliked the Constitution, probably partially because they wrote it without him. He created the Declaration of Independence which is different as I am sure you know from the constitution. Check out this article:

www.history.org...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I don't believe any of that qualified as a "catch".

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I don't believe any of that qualified as a "catch".

Well, I do, He didn't shape the constitution, and yet many idiots think he did. Since he's lumped together with the founding fathers.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Awesome post.

I agree with what you are saying. The way the political system is set up in the United States nothing gets done. Ron Paul will be able to blame congress for his lack of change in his first term. I dont think he will have a second term because he is more likely to die from old age than be assassinated. And yeah,people should remember the tears of joy when Obama was elected. Ron Paul does not deserve a free pass. Most Ron Paul supporters will ignore any criticism of Paul.

Ron Paul is the best of a bad bunch. There is alot to like about Ron Paul. The worst thing about Ron Paul are his cultish lemming supporters.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Obama had no track record of backing up political claims he's made. Ron Paul has been talking the talk and talking the walk for the past few decades. He's been consistent in his votes and never strays from his ideals. Should any politician get a free pass? No. But has Ron Paul done enough to earn a chance? Absolutely!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The reason i commended him in the first place was because of the Declaration of independence. I don't think it's fair to fault him for not having a big role in the constitution, he already single handedly wrote one of the greatest documents ever to exist.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The reason i commended him in the first place was because of the Declaration of independence. I don't think it's fair to fault him for not having a big role in the constitution, he already single handedly wrote one of the greatest documents ever to exist.

I know, but most people don't know the difference. My uncle quizzes me on this stuff when he surprises us by dropping by unexpectedly. I have to be ready at all times on early American history stuff, or risk looking like an idiot.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's quite funny too because I saw your posts jj and thought, 'uh, spunkface'! But now you have presented this solid theory, I respect you.

Tell me though, what do you think a solid vote would be? For the good of the country, and why?

I'm voting for Romney because he's not Obama. He doesn't want to create chaos through change. He's not Obama and he'll be reasonably good for the economy. Ron Paul's policies will lead to more corruption I believe from corporations. but Romney and Ron Paul respect each other. Romney always says he appreciates the Ron Paul fans too!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The transition from a heavily lopsided economy to a balanced one is going to be hard , painful , but no alternative for the USA citizens exists, this credit induced, malinvested clusterfu k of an economy if artificially maintained will just lead to more economic stagnation and ultimately the death of the only true beacon of freedom the world has witnessed. God bless America and it's Constitution.
Vote Ronnie if you care more for opportunity then a handout, with it's entrapment of servitude forever.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Zngland because: with for and

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join