It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we were Distracted with Gay Marriage news This happend today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
it did not go unnoticed here it was posted on the global meltdown thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Does this mean that Obama can't give the banks to the unions now?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

I guess that thread heading holds true only if one distracted by gay marriage. Personally, I wasn't.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

i must confess i really don't have a good feeling about this at all. i get the feeling some sick deal is going on under the table

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poopooplatter
China is like taking American civilization and putting no laws or regs in place to control businesses. China is going to eventually screw themselves, kind of opposite of us. We lose our money because there's too many laws and regs. Regardless, a huge percentage of their business is America so if one goes down they both go down. I hate depending on others for our success, this is not how our country was built.

Sorry man, you don't know what you're talking about. China has a lot of laws and regulations. They executed 2 people for adding melamine to milk. Though these were low level people. The executives got jail terms. I still don't understand why people naively believe that NO regulation is a good thing. IMO there should some regulations in place. Though most regulations should be in the form of transparency rather than dictating standards. In cases of extreme risk to the environment, why not have safety standards (eg. BP Oil spill in the gulf). The same with derivatives. You want to allow financial corporations to have free rein on derivatives, then at least have the risks properly evaluated (eg. AAA rating for worthless Mortgage CDOs) so people can make a proper determination of risk. Lastly, if a corporation screws up especially banks let them go into bankruptcy!! Make the executives in charge take full responsibility for the failure. No golden parachutes, no bonuses!!

The problem isn't regulation per se, it is that the regulations are being written by the corporations who the regulations are supposed to protect the public from. Generally, the largest corporations are writing the regulations through lobbyists, not to protect the public, but to stifle competition from smaller businesses.

Come on people, wake up!! Try and understand the facts and don't just swallow a line from some Neocon Republican or some Globalist Democrat. Take the idea of no regulation and follow it through to its ultimate course and you'll see that ISN'T the answer.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

wow...yes that is a big deal...no question they slipped that in. No suprise though China is big to TPTB. They love their little China experiment.....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Hmm, Vinny with a bat or being slowly raped for years. That's a tough one.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
let me see,we go around the world "liberating" people from opression in the name of democracy and we have these representatives like hillary preaching to the world "freedom from opression" then we ,let me start correcting things here,not we,they the insurgent goverment start putting sanctions for so called "opresive powers".what do they do next?they set a good example at home.they opress there so called "citizens" and do busness with opresive countrys.stop protest,arrest and fine people for no real crimes,tax them to death.the list goes on and on.not to mention the super goverment.what is usa?no really! what is usa?we better start opening our eyes people.it is not what we think.the more compartments the more power the more tyrant. they preach in their underware and people still buy the story.is obama still driving that mob car he took from the republicans?lol, a thing to note in that quote,if you noticed,they were both in that mob car.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh
You're not the only one who caught the distraction today. It was on the Yahoo homepage. Everyone seems to be talking about homosexuality...like it's the POPULAR thing to do....meanwhile...China swoops up a few U.S. banks? Isn't China communist? Is that America's future? But hey, let's keep our eyes focused on the Mexican border, while we're at it.

China is a dictatorship with very limited democracy but you can't really call them Communist anymore. In fact you should probably call them ultracapitalists now since they are kicking US ass with the help of your corperations and they are doing it in a smarter way so that they (the chinese goverment) get part of the money the corperations make. The corperations go in set up factories that the goverment is partial owner to and if the coperation leaves the chinese have gotten the technology to become competion to the corperation.

This is hersay but I have been told a wellknow Swedish corperation moved much off their research and development there but quickly moved it back again to Sweden since they suddenly got wise to the fact that it was not smart to have it there. But the funny thing is that the chinese are using the factories overcapacity to make competing products to sell on the chinese market.

You gotta love corperate greed biting the corperations in their ass since they are not thinking ahead at all.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

To me it looks like China is embracing capitalism fully. The more economic ties we have with Asia, the less chances we have to see an armed conflict with this region.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Chinese banks have had their finger in the UK pie for a very long time already. See HSBC.

It amazes me how many people here in the UK think that they bank with a British bank in HSBC - Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Dumbasses.
edit on 10-5-2012 by barmyfluid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
and this is the way a country is taken over. bait and switch is the oldest tactic

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I found out about this on Europe squawk box. I live in Texas- I guess if I didn't have satilllite I wouln't have known until now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Exactly.

Why are people so shocked. They practically own everything already.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

HSBC Holdings PLC is NOT a state owned owned company, it is listed on the FTSE 100 and is classed as a British company.

These is a VERY BIG difference between that and a state owned company.

There is every reason to be concerned about a foreign (communist) state owned bank being allowed to buy into your banking sector and it should be remembered that the reverse WOULD NOT be allowed to happen by the Communist Chinese.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Big banks are pretty much all global anyway. I don't use big banks.
Credit unions are the way to go. If China takes over my credit union, then, I'd be like

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

Good point.
Which economy, as in which country, benefits from HSBC's dealings?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i think capitalism and communism need to be re evaluated,they seem to be reversed in peoples perceptions.wonder how that came about?we are taking the education from the horses mouth.but common sense tells me other wise.a good starting point would be this question,who is taking over the world and enslaving it?yes they have had assistence from the goverments indeed or perhaps that goverment is just a branch thereof.lobbying? oh my! in any case,expect a yellow sun with red background in a city near you,,,for evrything else?there is mastercard. i just remembered a wile back,here on ats. i saw a few post about chinese military in the usa.was this,but debunked it being hollywood or something like that.coincidence or conditioning?i dont know,its all hapenning to fast to process.
edit on 10-5-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078

Not one mention of this today on ANY of the News Services They were all distracted with Obamas 3rd position on gay marriage.

Fed clears China's first US bank takeover

The United States on Wednesday opened its banking market to ICBC, China's biggest bank, for the first time clearing a takeover of a US bank by a Chinese state-controlled company.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Does anyone see any probs here?

They didn't just take one bank dood, they took over 3 banks.

There's food for thought.

Only a matter of time until they all move into the U.S. and evict you out of their homes

edit on 10-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by barmyfluid
The Chinese banks have had their finger in the UK pie for a very long time already. See HSBC.

It amazes me how many people here in the UK think that they bank with a British bank in HSBC - Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation.

Dumbasses.
edit on 10-5-2012 by barmyfluid because: (no reason given)

HSBC is a British bank.

Its HQ is in Canary Wharf.

They pay Corporation Tax to the UK treasury.

You are correct in what their name stands for and indeed it was originally based in Hong Kong, however Hong Kong was a British colony back then.

There is lots of threats about them moving their HQ away from London however.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join