It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we were Distracted with Gay Marriage news This happend today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
While we were Distracted with Gay Marriage news This happend today

Not one mention of this today on ANY of the News Services They were all distracted with Obamas 3rd position on gay marriage.

Fed clears China's first US bank takeover

The United States on Wednesday opened its banking market to ICBC, China's biggest bank, for the first time clearing a takeover of a US bank by a Chinese state-controlled company.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Does anyone see any probs here?

+9 more 
posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
At first I had a negative attitude about this story. But then I realized that money is money, and banks are crooked no matter who runs them, so now I don't know what to think about it.

Trust them? No. But I don't trust our own government, either.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sure.

The Chinese need their OWN banks,and deals were made.

"Things are real there," says Mr. Shi, who has been trying to learn English by listening to language CDs in his car. "Here you don't know what to believe." He adds: "I like China a lot. But if I have kids, I wouldn't necessarily want them to live in China."

Plan B for China's Wealthy: Moving to the U.S., Europe

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
First off, your title is condescending. On topic, I don't really know how I feel about this yet. I think this is going to be one of those things, as least for me, that we will have to wait and see how it goes. Like FissionSurplus mentioned, I don't really trust them, but I don't really trust out government either. I'll just have to wait and see how things pan out, I guess.

+13 more 
posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
How was it condescending its the truth the gay marriage issues was all that was really in the news today in the us news anyway.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

It wasn't. I think most people will understand what you meant... especially since it was quite clear. The news makes me uncomfortable personally. I suppose one batch of dishonest folks being replaced by another is not real cause for alarm but it still strikes me as mildly creepy.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I suppose the bright side is that when we finally decide to take our country back and kick certain foreign economies out that would also kick a few banks out as well. In this aspect it may be a good thing in the long run.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, that's just the way things are now. If our owners want to sell us off piecemeal, without so much as a by-your-leave or a go-to-hell in our direction, it's their business--certainly none of ours.

Meet the new boss--same as the old boss....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
First off, your title is condescending. On topic, I don't really know how I feel about this yet. I think this is going to be one of those things, as least for me, that we will have to wait and see how it goes. Like FissionSurplus mentioned, I don't really trust them, but I don't really trust out government either. I'll just have to wait and see how things pan out, I guess.

Nothing there that is condescending my friend...
Though you did just show your hand..

Judge not, lest ye be judged, my brother.

China would have creeped me out back in the day when I thought three letters, U. S. A. , meant something.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
saw this as a YT vid midday

but its so unclear...

not to mention u cant tell from this title!

read more (3 chinese banks so far?)
here

money.cnn.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I guess next the Chinese will want a military base or two? Why the hell not, they already have exclusive trade zones.

"I hear that train a comin', it's rollin' round the bend...."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/10.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Reminds me of this ATS thread from last year

Part of the process perhaps.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You do realize that out of all the crap that sometimes gets posted on ATS, and the tons of attention it gets, that you're the first to have to start a thread mentioning how we're distracted by something....and it's by gay marriage?!! Way to see straight.

Do you get "distracted" often...?

But of all things to happen today...This happened. Hard to believe this happened, can't say I was really expecting this.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think the US did this so as to not have to nationalize it. Spain just nationalized its 4h largest bank. The US would probably look better if the Chinese took it over rather than have the government take it over.

EDIT:
Here is a link to the thread I made about Spain's nationalization of a huge bank.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You're not the only one who caught the distraction today. It was on the Yahoo homepage. Everyone seems to be talking about homosexuality...like it's the POPULAR thing to do....meanwhile...China swoops up a few U.S. banks? Isn't China communist? Is that America's future? But hey, let's keep our eyes focused on the Mexican border, while we're at it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
China is like taking American civilization and putting no laws or regs in place to control businesses. China is going to eventually screw themselves, kind of opposite of us. We lose our money because there's too many laws and regs. Regardless, a huge percentage of their business is America so if one goes down they both go down. I hate depending on others for our success, this is not how our country was built.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
-Thomas Jefferson

Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.
-George Washington

"Let me issue and control a Nation's money and I care not who makes its laws".
Amsel (Amschel) Bauer Mayer Rothschild, 1838:

edit on 10-5-2012 by rbnhd76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The gay lovin did not distract me. I am glad we now have Hong Kong's third largest bank. A bank that won't fail and might have a few morals, this is a good thing. Too bad ya gotta go to Chinatown to make a deposit.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Didn't Japan take over one of our banks a long time ago?

Japan was riding high but then got labeled "Irrationally exuberant" by Alan Greenspan.

Remember?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This might be a good thing.
I don't know how the chinese run their banks.
but most banks here in the states are run horribly.
if you've ever seen a loan file for a commercial asset. You'll know what I mean.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join