It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we were Distracted with Gay Marriage news This happend today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I saw something yesterday about it, but I think the news just didn't compute, it was too nuts to comprehend yet. I think it's starting to sink in now. Thanks for posting, and yah probly the gay marriage thing was a distraction. They knew people everywhere would be in an uproar.
The traitors in the WH and banking industry are truly Internationalists and do not care about our sovereignty. This is why I fight people when they whine about how bad nationalism is. They will find out what it means to lose your nation if we keep going down this road.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wonder if any of this has anything to so with our debt to them, sorta like a peacemeal offering?

To put China's ownership of U.S. debt in perspective, its holding of $1.2 trillion is even larger than the amount owned by American households. U.S. citizens hold only about $959 billion in U.S. debt, according to the Federal Reserve. Other large foreign holders of U.S. debt include Japan, which owns $912 billion; the United Kingdom, which owns $347 billion; Brazil, which holds $211 billion; Taiwan, which holds $153 billion; and Hong Kong, which owns $122 billion.

US Debt to China

-Mus

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Banks don't answer to governments or nations, anyway.
It really makes no difference at all.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I think the US did this so as to not have to nationalize it. Spain just nationalized its 4h largest bank. The US would probably look better if the Chinese took it over rather than have the government take it over.

EDIT:
Here is a link to the thread I made about Spain's nationalization of a huge bank.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Oh way to not naitonalize it. Just let a Chinese State controlled bank take over. I think this just hasn't sunk in yet. The ramifications I can't even wrap my mind around it. How many more State controlled Chinese companies will take over our banks now that our leaders have let China own our debt?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The transaction will make ICBC the first Chinese state-controlled bank to acquire retail bank branches in the United States.

American's should reject this by not doing business at any of these retail banking locations. I bet they won't let us know the names though. The article states locations will be in California and Chicago. How apropos, Chicago where Obama was Senator and Ayers the Underground commie lives and teaches communism.
edit on 10-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by headorheart
First off, your title is condescending. On topic, I don't really know how I feel about this yet. I think this is going to be one of those things, as least for me, that we will have to wait and see how it goes. Like FissionSurplus mentioned, I don't really trust them, but I don't really trust out government either. I'll just have to wait and see how things pan out, I guess.

Nothing there that is condescending my friend...
Though you did just show your hand..

Judge not, lest ye be judged, my brother.

China would have creeped me out back in the day when I thought three letters, U. S. A. , meant something.

The only "hand" they showed was misunderstanding a title. No crime there at all. I see zero judgment in their reply.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
First, China purchases a US Bank. Next China determines that they own the mortgages on various properties and starts to foreclose on them. Next, they start building military bases on their property.

Who is going to stop them? No one since they hold the majority of the US debt and the property legally becomes theirs once they purchased the bank. It's pretty smart on China's part to take this approach.

Conquering with a pen, not a sword.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am with a Chinese bank and have been since HSBC took over Midland bank. Their charges are pretty severe if you're stupid with money, hence, I have payed them hundreds, if not thousands of pounds in the past. I missed the gravy train of claiming charges back but now it is impossible for me to go overdrawn so it suits me at the moment. Just to add, if you're good with money then they are a good bank to be with(if there is such a thing).

One thing is for sure, HSBC aren't going to collapse anytime soon...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Some additional info:
en.wikipedia.org...

After a period of nationwide expansion, including the acquisition of many smaller banks, the name Midland Bank Ltd was adopted in 1923. By 1934 it was the largest deposit bank in the world. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange and was once a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index but in 1992 it was taken over by HSBC Holdings plc.

That was 20 years ago and the Chinese haven't invaded us yet so I think you shouldn't worry too much!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Paranoia much, see my post above.

I think you have enough worries from your own government/banks, nevermind the Chinese.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There are LOTS of foreign-owned banks operating in the USA..It's called "The Global Market."

These types of relationships INCREASE motivation to NOT GO TO WAR over petty crap. This is a good thing. Having a non-European deposit bank operating in the USA will also give the USD some security, because it will be investing the dollar in Chinese expansion, which I assure you is in full swing. China is not only modernizing itself (and setting the new standard for modernization) at a rapid pace, but Africa and other places as well.

The Bank of Pakistan has a US branch.

The Bank of India has a US branch.

The Bank of Ireland has a US branch..

On the other side of the coin, US banks operate in foreign countries as well:

CITIBANK CHINA!!!!!

Citibank, a US bank, operates in Japan and other countries..

Chase Bank operates in a bazillion countires.. Etc.

You're all freaking out over normal everyday strong financial partnership stuff.

China also pretty much bought a mountain in Nevada, Mount Hope, a few years ago. It stands to be the biggest producer of molybdenum by 2015. I bought a bunch of it, let's see if it makes me rich.

Don't panic, ride the wave. You guys are silly.

edit on 10-5-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That is a pretty big distraction and a pretty big takeover. It would certainly have gotten americans upset about Chinese taking over the USA. What better way to keep them fighting amongst themsleves than with your basic divide story:

White vs Black
Gay vs Straight
Muslim vs Non-Muslim
Terrorist vs American
99% vs 1%

It keeps going and going and we keep fighting and fighting while they run away with all the money..

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Paranoia much, see my post above.

I think you have enough worries from your own government/banks, nevermind the Chinese.

Just making a statement. I'm not paranoid. There are enough problems with my government to have to worry about others. But it's fun making conversation.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I fear your post and mine will fall on deaf ears.

Just saying.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
You're all freaking out over normal everyday strong financial partnership stuff.

China also pretty much bought a mountain in Nevada, Mount Hope, a few years ago. It stands to be the biggest producer of molybdenum by 2015. I bought a bunch of it, let's see if it makes me rich.

Don't panic, ride the wave. You guys are silly.

It's more fun to freak out over this, then it is over Obama supporting gay marriages.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Very true, I just wanted to show some facts. 20 years with a banking giant from China and no Chinese bases etc in the country. Don't get me wrong, I detest big banks but we all know that 99% are criminal in their actions and it takes a motivated person to find the ones that aren't corrupt. I am not motivated.

Conversation is always good.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

It's more fun to freak out over this, then it is over Obama supporting gay marriages.

Good point dude, good point.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
And just to be thorough, here is a list about a hundred entries long of foreign banks operating inside China:

www.ceu.hk...

Did some of those look really familiar to you?

This is China showing confidence in US markets, which is a good sign for all of us who are afraid of an apocalyptic financial collapse. Y'all gotta get consistent with your conspiracies..

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I think the US did this so as to not have to nationalize it. Spain just nationalized its 4h largest bank. The US would probably look better if the Chinese took it over rather than have the government take it over.

EDIT:
Here is a link to the thread I made about Spain's nationalization of a huge bank.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

I agree. Instead of bailing them out, let someone else manage and/or run it to the ground or be liable for running the bank. Atleast we're not paying more bailout money to this particular bank.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Very true, I just wanted to show some facts. 20 years with a banking giant from China and no Chinese bases etc in the country. Don't get me wrong, I detest big banks but we all know that 99% are criminal in their actions and it takes a motivated person to find the ones that aren't corrupt. I am not motivated.

Conversation is always good.

I counldn't agree with you more on your 99% criminal statement. It's funny how these banks operate under a mafia like business model except they are using fees and interest rate instead of Vinny with a bat on people and the goverment who waged a war on organized crime, is doing nothing about it. Makes you wonder who has more power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join