It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Polished Knob Sighting 21 Enhancement & Video Analysis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
There really is nothing in this video sequence that would be difficult to do if you were trying to pull off a hoax.
Discounting the fact that this guy has done many other videos on the same subject... and that does not add any points to his authenticity score...

The alien has no facial movements or expressions, it looks like a manikin, probably head and upper torso elevated on a long pole by a person who is down in the depression. You can move an alien head real fast with the leverage of a pole, and it looks like that is the way it moved. The head is turned to the right by turning the pole, and the pole is whipped to the right while the person in the depression also moves, just not as fast. The combined movement looks very fast. Very easy.

The opening sliding door thing is really so easy, just someone yanking it real hard with a rope. It even opens that way, resistive at first and then flying open real fast. His comments about rusty wheels do not mean anything and also notice how fast he was able to shut the door himself. Why even mention the lock, because there is no proof to show that it was locked in the first place.

Both events are done very quickly so there is so little else to analyze. They are both done in darkness with minimal lighting. This is also a good scenario for a hoax.

Put it all together, and there is not one part of this video that has anything that would make you wonder "How did that happen?"

I like chocolate chip, if ya got any left.

edit on 10-5-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

We..well I was focusing more on some alleged orbs than the alleged alien. So it doesn't matter if he's a hoaxer. I have pointed out something odd in the video is all.

Mate, you tend to disregard and not see all the links members provided, clearly proving this is a hoax.

What more do you want? Accept the fact, that the whole video is a hoax, made by a known hoaxer. Therefore, no matter what this guy puts out there, it will be hoax. He wants attention and you are giving it to him.

Look at the links provided by Gortex, and study them, you will find all your answers there.

vvv

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been said.
The material is from different sources. Most, if not all of them were discussed here at ATS.
As this is not so important for me (rather a timewaste), I did not read the full thread.
So don´t mind if it´s been said already.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yeah I remember this kid, he was actually posting on ATS for a while, he wasn't treated very well.

People attacked him and called him a hoaxer for the same stupid reasons....
"there's music in the video...it must be a hoax" Doesn't make something a hoax......
"why would the alien be shooting that laser like that?" Do you think your pet fish know why you pound on a keyboard? We could speculate all day, it's not hard to fathom that an alien could be shining a light around and we'd NEVER know why.
"his other videos were proven a hoax" not in any of the threads I participated in, it was just the same stupid criticisms. God I hope I'm never on trial and have the fools on this site in my jury....

"the alien doesn't make any facial expressions" Totally in line with what 99% of people who have encountered aliens would say. They are expressionless!

You people are nuts....look if you wanna trash this kids videos then look to the inconsistencies when compared to hundreds of abduction/encounter cases worldwide for the past several decades...
Typically these things happen(I've spent years reading and researching this stuff):

some memory of abduction or at least missing time
visual of space craft
multiple aliens, they typically don't come one at a time
telepathic communication

You see aliens don't just come around to come around. I can't think of too many cases of this. It IS normal for them to make repeat appearances through out the course of an abductees life, but they haven't seemed to abduct him. While the people in this thread seem to be hung up superficial details I'm looking at this from a completely different stand point. This is just an odd case in terms of alien encounters. These aliens, if they're real, are not behaving as I would expect them too, given the years of research I've put into the subject.

Is it a hoax? I don't know. But the reasons that most of the people on this thread and many other polished knob threads give for it being a hoax don't hold up at all in my opinion.

Like I said....most of you would make horrible jurors.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
once a liar always a liar

the person who made the vid should read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" from Aesops fables

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

I'm just annoyed at the staff here because they jerked me around with what I consider indisputable and verifiable visual evidence of a bona fide ufo complete with raw files and three stills available for download so they can be scrutinized till the cows come home and nobody seemed to care. I can factually and reasonably argue every claim made against the thing being a ufo and all I got was that I was being a pain in the blank. They pride themselves on denying ignorance when in my case they were encouraging it. Sorry I took it out on you

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Everything you will see here is a hoax to some users.

The same users keep saying that everyone is a hoaxer and and that any video is a hoax.

I have identify the users that in seconds reply a thread about ufo and say that is a hoax.

I could not say that this video is a hoax without more information, everything from the video looks real for me.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I agree with your points. The "hoax proof" is a subjective and not "proof" of any real subsistence usable in any court.

All the debunkers are saying is, this can't be real because it can be faked, so it is a hoax!

I'm not saying I believe PK 100% but I have watch every episode and if he is faking it, he needs to be an actor in Hollywood cause he is that good.

He has been very consistent with his documentation and after action videos and never stepped out of "hoax" mode or slipped up by laughing about how "gullible" we all must be to believe this.

Once, twice even 3 times yea could be hoax, 21 times and all consistent with a possible sighting makes me pause to see if I'm not being fair to him.

Sirric
edit on 10/5/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The video does look real, but I have to go with my gut feeling that its a hoax. No offense to the OP but I think this guys just taking the piss (pull our legs).

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Why would aliens come this whole way to sit in some guys back garden stalking him? i love the fact him and his friends have the time to set this crap up and how you only ever see the aliens BLURRY face and nothing else. The orbs in his garage could be reflection from his camera's light on tools, window or mirror there is plenty metalic objects for the light to reflect off and as for his quick reflexes shouting [snip] and [snip] and running towards doors isnt exactly rocket science i think anyone would do the same with a few little changes per individual
edit on 10-5-2012 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From 2.35 to 2.39 (clearer at 10.11 to 10.15) watch the supposed alien closely to the right of the screen the bushes are moving and there is something big and black to the side behind it, basicaly looks like a guy could be holding this dummy up. I would say its the aliens shadow but by the look of it the light is on the right side not the left and somehow the black thing moves along with it.
edit on 10-5-2012 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2012 by LvSLoLo because: error

edit on 10-5-2012 by LvSLoLo because: addition

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Yeah I remember this kid, he was actually posting on ATS for a while, he wasn't treated very well.

People attacked him and called him a hoaxer for the same stupid reasons....
"there's music in the video...it must be a hoax" Doesn't make something a hoax......
"why would the alien be shooting that laser like that?" Do you think your pet fish know why you pound on a keyboard? We could speculate all day, it's not hard to fathom that an alien could be shining a light around and we'd NEVER know why.
"his other videos were proven a hoax" not in any of the threads I participated in, it was just the same stupid criticisms. God I hope I'm never on trial and have the fools on this site in my jury....

"the alien doesn't make any facial expressions" Totally in line with what 99% of people who have encountered aliens would say. They are expressionless!

You people are nuts....look if you wanna trash this kids videos then look to the inconsistencies when compared to hundreds of abduction/encounter cases worldwide for the past several decades...
Typically these things happen(I've spent years reading and researching this stuff):

some memory of abduction or at least missing time
visual of space craft
multiple aliens, they typically don't come one at a time
telepathic communication

You see aliens don't just come around to come around. I can't think of too many cases of this. It IS normal for them to make repeat appearances through out the course of an abductees life, but they haven't seemed to abduct him. While the people in this thread seem to be hung up superficial details I'm looking at this from a completely different stand point. This is just an odd case in terms of alien encounters. These aliens, if they're real, are not behaving as I would expect them too, given the years of research I've put into the subject.

Is it a hoax? I don't know. But the reasons that most of the people on this thread and many other polished knob threads give for it being a hoax don't hold up at all in my opinion.

Like I said....most of you would make horrible jurors.

Well said and agreed.
I followed TPK's original thread and read every single post.
Not once was he debunked logically. I'm still baffled as to why his stuff was suddenly HOAX BINNED.
It's my suspicion that the staff simply caved to the loudest minority.
After all, there were more calls in his threads for it to be HAOX BINNED than there were actual logical responses.
Sad but true. Go read the original threads....it's pretty sh*tty what a lot members here did to him.

Just my 2c.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The guy filming (Alex) has his own YT channel, call ThePolishedKnob. It's here... www.youtube.com...

Whoever edited and enhanced the video is someone else. I think everyone should watch all 21 of his sightings before they make any kind of conclusion about the authenticity.

Here is a good one...

Personally, I'm following this guy closely, and I'm sitting on the fence. It's very interesting, to me at least.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

post by dmorgan
I think everyone should watch all 21 of his sightings before they make any kind of conclusion about the authenticity.

And give him more money .... I don't think so .
Youtube Partner !!!! Yay Wow Awsome Coolness

I made my conclusion about him after following the original threads on his videos .
Hoaxer

edit on 10-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
double post
edit on 5/10/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In regards to the eye blinking of the alien. To me the blinking appears to be pixelation of the creature due to a light flare off the eyes not a blink.

I say this because the right eye of the creature is obscured so we can't say both eyes were blinking in unison, only that it appears that the left eye is blinking.

The alien is slightly pixelated, when it begins it's turn the eye catches the light and flares the lens. The flare pixilates to a size roughly that of the creatures left eye making it look as if it is blinking but it's actually not.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

When you "zoom in", without applying actual optics on it, but just digital methods - as is the case here - typically the resolution does not improve. However the resolution improves here quite remarkably. Comparing the size the "alien" to the surrounding grass - the creature is darn small. In the beginning of the video notice the whole event been filmed from a balcony of some sort, and the edge to the edge of the grass - of some distance. Notice how amazingly sharp and detailed the image is from a distance - at night time - for individual straws even. And I would say, even the angle, perspective with regard to the "grass-level zoom" vs rest of the image, seems just a bit different.

Now, we've been given an explanation here, of the film being enhanced to create this improvement (the square), through image processing of some sort, but these processing methods still would not be able to ADD resolution. As again is the case here.

Note also, the film being taken seemingly night time, which in itself should make the whole film pixellating quite a bit. You can avoid this by having very bright lighting, and a very good video equipment. But this again would require preparation and planning, which of course could be the case.

What amazes here is the darn good resolution for night-time video, and staggering improvement of the resolution for the "zoom in".

So, sure, interesting piece as itself, and entertaining, but the overall impression does not create a too convincing atmosphere - i would say it pushes towards the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join