It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video Of Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released. Watch With Caution.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777

I saw a guy not obeying the orders given to him by an officer of the law.

Can you tell me, is it considered alright to disobey the law, and the law's officers, and to ''do whatever'' because you mistakenly believe you have a right to ''do whatever''?

Don't you see how the man was wrong?

I can only understand the first part of the video up until they had him on the ground.

The rest was uncalled for. Complete and utter bull #.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by XXX777

Non compliance does not carry a death penalty. Unless he posed a genuine lethal and unquestionable threat to those officers, the most they ought to have been able to get away with was an armlock. NO beating is required when cops outnumber thier target in this way, and any defence of these punks is an outrage against freedom.

Around the 1:15 time on the video you can see the guy is not only not complying, but he begins to run away. Listen, I'm not trying to be some sort of instigating troll here. I am simply saying that this man is out at night apparently loitering and appearing drunk or on drugs. The first officer is getting ready to search him for drugs and such. The guy is a misfit, an outcast, perhaps even incompetent. Whatever the reason for him dropping out of normal society is not my interest. When approached by a law officer one is supposed to obey. Period. The guy was a smart ass from the beginning.

I've had a Police officer point a shotgun directly at me, and believe me I complied extremely quickly. If a person is incapable of correct social response, then perhaps that person is better eliminated.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
At the 2 minute mark, the guy is fighting. He is all bucked up and resisting and all the while carrying on saying he is sorry and all that. Come on. That is just plain stupid. I'm watching the video again. I haven't seen anybody piled on him or anything like that.

At 3 minutes the guy is louder than the officers. He says he can't breathe, and yet is carrying on louder and with more force than the officers. He is lying, and carrying on like most ignorant perps do.

Do you think the officers are not giving him every chance to just simply comply, give in, give up, stop struggling, lay down, put your hands behind you??? It is obvious that the guy is guilty of being really really stupid. Reminds me of some drunken spring break beach party animals. Except most of them can get in gear quickly when Johnny Law says so.

edit on 9-5-2012 by XXX777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well, that was disturbing. I don't know what to make of this situation? What prompted the officers to stop the man in the first place? As another poster noted, why did he not comply with the officers initial instructions? He was asked to place his hands on his knees, and he continued to be non-compliant. Throughout the video the victim remains uncooperative. He even got up to try and walk away as the instructions were being repeated.

What do people expect police to do in that situation? Just because a guy does not want to be arrested? The cops are just going to walk away and go about their business? Perhaps, the response was heavy handed? That is for a jury to decide, because I am not privy to the facts that led up to this situation. Furthermore, I do not know department policy or protocol in events like this when a suspect is uncooperative.

As I say after all of these stories. I am going to wait for the conclusion of an investigation, and the outcome of a trial should this event go to that. No sense making a reactionary response without learning all of the facts first, and learning all sides of the story.

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

If a person is incapable of correct social response, then perhaps that person is better eliminated.

Ok, I know you are trying to make a point, but that has to be the worst point I have ever seen anyone try to make.

You are basically saying that if a person does not conform to normal social standards or even "act right" in public.. they should die? Yes, you said "eliminated", but in that sense you meant die/be killed.

Wow.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Their slogan is "to protect and serve". But they never say who they protect and serve.
To my honest opinion they are protecting the elite and/or the money.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

If a person is incapable of correct social response, then perhaps that person is better eliminated.

Ok, I know you are trying to make a point, but that has to be the worst point I have ever seen anyone try to make.

You are basically saying that if a person does not conform to normal social standards or even "act right" in public.. they should die? Yes, you said "eliminated", but in that sense you meant die/be killed.

Wow.

Yes. Killed. Removed.

Just past the 5 minute mark, an officer says ''he's on something''. The guy is behaving irrationally and stupidly. Imagine if you were to walk along the train tracks irrationally and stupidly. You might just be killed by a passing train. The train is doing what it does. You are out of order. The train wins.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

At the 2 minute mark, the guy is fighting. He is all bucked up and resisting and all the while carrying on saying he is sorry and all that. Come on. That is just plain stupid. I'm watching the video again. I haven't seen anybody piled on him or anything like that.

At 3 minutes the guy is louder than the officers. He says he can't breathe, and yet is carrying on louder and with more force than the officers. He is lying, and carrying on like most ignorant perps do.

Do you think the officers are not giving him every chance to just simply comply, give in, give up, stop struggling, lay down, put your hands behind you??? It is obvious that the guy is guilty of being really really stupid. Reminds me of some drunken spring break beach party animals. Except most of them can get in gear quickly when Johnny Law says so.

Actually theirs videos on youtube people watchin the whole thing and they said he wasnt resisting..... so who knows wtf your talking about. If your getting hit by batons your just gonna stand their like a idiot? I'd try to run instead of getting my ass beat too. IDK what he did prior to the run in, but the f**ked up thing is, he is yelling for help, gettin the sh*t kicked outta him, and none of the 15+ people on that busy street watching the incident could help him or they would get tazed/shot or beatin... Its like that kid oscar who got shot in the back at the bart station and the cop said his gun accidentally went off, if a cop wants to kill you, the cops gonna kill you...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Imagine if you were to walk along the train tracks irrationally and stupidly. You might just be killed by a passing train. The train is doing what it does. You are out of order. The train wins.

A train is a non living piece of metal.

A group of people are living, thinking organisms with hopefully a set of morals and standards.

Your analogy is out of order. We are not talking about trains here, and that still does not make sense of your statement of not "acting right" equals deserve to die.

You can't justify that statement rationally, but you are welcome to try.

edit on 9-5-2012 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Alright. I just finished watching it again. The perp was an animal out of control. He was fighting a half dozen cops. Dumb.

Some people just are not meant for society. They don't fit in. Maybe it is mental illness. Perhaps brought on by self abuse. The fact remains that the guy was way out of line and the cops did what they are supposed to do. If you or anybody else does not understand that, then good luck with the alternatives.

edit on 9-5-2012 by XXX777 because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Actually theirs videos on youtube people watchin the whole thing and they said he wasnt resisting..... so who knows wtf your talking about. If your getting hit by batons your just gonna stand their like a idiot? I'd try to run instead of getting my ass beat too. IDK what he did prior to the run in, but the f**ked up thing is, he is yelling for help, gettin the sh*t kicked outta him, and none of the 15+ people on that busy street watching the incident could help him or they would get tazed/shot or beatin... Its like that kid oscar who got shot in the back at the bart station and the cop said his gun accidentally went off, if a cop wants to kill you, the cops gonna kill you...

Oh sure. The idea is to not provoke the cop. Go talk to a girl instead.

I live in North Carolina. We had a nice vote here today concerning community values. The Government is by the People, for the People. We all collectively pay cops to beat the crap out of hardheads because we would rather not get our hands dirty.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Why did the guy not simply comply with the Police officer's orders?

The fact in this case is that the dead guy battled the Police and lost. He got what he wanted.

are you for real,did you read any of the thread,he got what he wanted,i dont believe some of the replys some people come up with to justify this kind of #.

edit on 9/5/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/2012 by maryhinge because: spell check

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

The fact in this case is that the dead guy battled the Police and lost. He got what he wanted.

are you for real,did you read any of the thread,he got what he wanted,i dont believe some of the replys some people come up with to justify this kind of #.

edit on 9/5/2012 by maryhinge because: spell check

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO????????

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Oh sure. The idea is to not provoke the cop. Go talk to a girl instead.

I live in North Carolina. We had a nice vote here today concerning community values. The Government is by the People, for the People. We all collectively pay cops to beat the crap out of hardheads because we would rather not get our hands dirty.

Lol niiiiiiiiiice...... good way to look at things.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
just give me 3 days in a sealed room on my own with these fuc*in pricks and a whole array of tools, matches, grinders, etc etc.

make them slowly die in the worst possible pain

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

omg the guy made no agressive act at all, was just waiting at the bus stop and they provoked him into getting up then all jumped him and dragged him "behind the bushes' and it almost seemed like a gang rape from the looks and sounds of it and him being tackled by their bodies.

nasty pigs.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Are you kidding me right now?

Are YOU kidding ME? Can I not have an opinion? I see this clearly for what it is.

If a Police officer asked me to put my feet in front of me, I would do it.

So you're suggesting you're a mentally ill homeless man?

Good to know.

Here's the pigs.

Feel free to go look for them and obey them as much as you want. They are disgusting .... T&C ... damn it.

* rest of troll post deleted *
edit on 9-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Are you kidding me right now?

Are YOU kidding ME? Can I not have an opinion? I see this clearly for what it is.

If a Police officer asked me to put my feet in front of me, I would do it.
If he asked me to put my hands up, I would do it.
I would NOT play games with him, put my hands up and then put them down again, stretch my legs out and then draw them back again.
I would obey the commands and arrive at some sort of peaceful conclusion.

The ''homeless'' guy is clearly playing with the officer and not one bit complying. He is behaving like he is drunk. He is using up so much of his energy hollering and resisting some more. Why not just comply and be quiet?

Sure.

And you can have the grave next to him. At least he went down fighting.

Die as a martyr or coward I guess.

Your choice.

Peace

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have a fairly strong stomach seeing as how I've served two tours in the middle east and seen some truly disgusting things. What gets me the most about this video is listening to the man's pleas for help and for his father to save him. It's easy during war. You shoot to kill the enemy and it's relatively quick. You're usually so engrossed in the battle at hand that you pay no mind to any desperate cries for help.

The homeless man may of complied somewhat slow to the Officer's demands but he followed them none-the-less. It looked like he was truly confused about what was taking place at first so I think that's why he was slow to comply to the orders. Using lethal force on that man was out of line. I could of understood if they threw him to the ground and cuffed him or as someone else said, put him in an arm lock, but what they did was wrong. They deserve life in prison without the death penalty so they can suffer until their miserable life is put to an end.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i read the article, but couldn't get past the first 30 or so seconds of video. based on what i've seen and read, there were a dozen or more opportunities for the police to simply handcuff him and take him off to jail. yes, the officers are to blame, but i also see their acts as more than just a mindless beating. what in these men's lives caused them to beat an innocent man to death? their upbringing? their training? did they just have a bad day at work? had this homeless man gotten under their skin one too many times? it hurts my heart to know that there are people like this everywhere... hurting innocent people and even worse, helpless animals. has mankind always been so predisposed to violence or has society created these instruments of hate? it would be one thing if it was one cop committing such a horrible act. individuals can be pretty messed up, but to see so many of them (more than five it seemed, i didn't really count) all in on it together makes you wonder what they talk about on their coffee breaks. did not a one hesitate to look at his fellow officers for signs of disapproval? apparently not. so sad that such sick people end up in uniform.. kind of reminds me of a pack of runaway dogs with very misleading 'rabies vaccinated' tags dangling off their collars.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join