It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson - "nutjob" or something more?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What exactly is Charles Manson?

A simple psychopath? A cold-blooded killer? A complete nutjob? or a genius?

There always have been a thin line between "crazy" and "genius". Even in known figures of our history; we have for instance Galileo, first crazy, then geniuses. We tend to look at others and find our own image. When we dont, we think that something's off, and we assume that it can only be "off" with the other person - never us! We're not wrong! So... they're crazy.

But looking at Charles Manson always makes me think whos right... because some things he says, they're not words of a crazy man - he knows himself pretty good. Way better than 99% of us know ourselves. He plays in interviews and he fails at paroles on purpose, and justifies the action. He plays with his "audience"... he takes control of everyone, then walks out with a smile - almost as if he IS really superior and knows something we, mere mortals, don't.

Watch carefully - body expression, facial expressions, specially his eyes. Is he just a simple psychopath or is he something else? A genius perhaps. Since those concepts seem to go hand in hand, maybe he's the mirror image of a genius - a super intelligent alien version of professor moriarty, The "anti" everything... but the true opposite of a genius is still a genius!

Warning - third video is about 1 hour 40 long, so only click it if you are really interested and curious about the 2 first videos

In here - to note the expression at 0 minutes 50 seconds - he plays around ridiculing the audience with a sord of "well here I go with the stuff that I know and you dont believe, but when you wake up" and he smiles and says "hey who the hell they got locked up in there? I mean what is this trip? You really wanna know?" then he smiles and says "I dont think so" with a raised eyebrow. I find this one of the most fantastic expressions - along with what he says - almost if we're completely oblivious to everything and we're afraid of something.

Here a show tries to ridicule Charles Manson, but comes out showing him an "enlightened psychotic killer" as one youtube member comments.

(full interview here)

And this is the third and bigger one, with various situations

So... what do you think?

Genius? Crazy? Alien? Time traveler? Angel? Jesus?

I really want your opinion, cause this man is a riddle to me and I would like to know everyone else's opinion on

What is Charles Manson?
edit on 8-5-2012 by Outofcontrol because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by Outofcontrol because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by Outofcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A psychopathic genius. Not even though, he may be smart but definitely not a genius I think that's pretty obvious.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
An evil nutbar that should be cast down like the rest of them
...what would helter skelter sound like these days

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It has long been my opinion that Manson, along with a lot of other "psychopaths," are geniuses. It has been scientifically proven that their brains develop differently than ours. The line between psycho and genius, is so blurred sometimes that the two easily become one. Just as there are supremely good beings (Dali Lama, etc.), there are supremely evil people (Charles Manson, etc.). It is the whole yin and yang thing, a sort of counter-balance in the mainstream spirituality of our society. The human collective, is a majority of good; hence, why there seems to be many, many, more evil persons walking among us. It is not that there is simply more people, so as a percentage there must be more evil people...quite the contrary. There are many more people on earth now, and because there must be evil to counteract the greatness of the human essence, there are more evil deeds being performed. Manson a genius?? Absolutely. He is far more mentally capable, than the majority of the whole. The level of his genius added with his complete disconnect with humanity, is what makes him the most frightening. Imagine what that mind could have accomplished were he a humanitarian.

+2 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Depends on HOW you view him. He even said it himself:

“Look down at me and you see a fool; look up at me and you see a god; look straight at me and you see yourself”

Source

On Crazy:

“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”

Source

You gotta sneak to get to the truth, the truth is condemned.

The truth is in the gas chamber.

The truth has been in your stockyards.

Your slaughterhouses.

The truth has been in your reservations, building your railroads, emptying your garbage.

The truth is in your ghettos.

In your jails.

In your young love, not in your courts or congress where the old set judgement on the young.

Source

ETC.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have posted about this topic before.
It didn't receive the welcome I expected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Coniuratus

Manson a genius?? Absolutely. He is far more mentally capable, than the majority of the whole. The level of his genius added with his complete disconnect with humanity, is what makes him the most frightening. Imagine what that mind could have accomplished were he a humanitarian.

If you consider an ability to manipulate the weak willed genius I suppose you would call Manson a genius.
If you think the ability to manipulate the weak willed can lead to good results, you're wrong.
They are called psychopaths for a reason.

edit on 5/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I have posted about this topic before.
It didn't receive the welcome I expected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh... sorry mate. Didnt mean to "steal" anything. Was just looking at this a wondering and made a thread

Merge the 2 threads - since there are different videos.

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

'Watching everyone else live their lives...'

He lost me on that opening whiny statement.

Personally, I'm not in favour of death penalties and believe in an idea of mercy in justice. There are too many people losing their lives to the system and it's like a rust on society that keeps spreading.

In the case of Manson, he should stay inside for life for what he did. Some crimes are too dark to come back from. You might find it tempting to re-invent him as some martyr-genius 'too smart for this world.' What he/they did though, was carve up a young, pregnant woman for kicks. I prefer to think that puts somebody on a *lower level* of society where it hardly matters how special they are thought, by some, to be.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
What exactly is Charles Manson?

A simple psychopath?

Therein lies your first mistake and your biggest fallacy.

There is no such thing as "a simple psychopath."

Psychopaths and sociopaths are anything but simple. They present very complex issues and personality traits. They typically are very sharp and know what they are about. They just don't give a damn.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think you misinterpreted what my meaning was. There was nothing in my text that was meant to suggest that Manson has any redeeming qualities. He is, and always will be, a lunatic. I simply meant that he is highly intelligent. What he has chosen to do with that is beyond evil and any reaches of sanity.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The media has portrayed him as the most evil man alive.

I think he says some profound things, and I believe he wasn't given a fair trial. Just the simple fact that the president of the US said he was guilty should have at least led to a new jury.

I guess it also kind of wrong that he is convicted of murder when he didn't kill anyone.

I don't think setting him free after all this time in prison is the best idea either.

edit on 9-5-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I see your point.

What I object to is the implication that his "intelligence" is anything extraordinary. It isn't, there are many, many others who are easily as "intelligent" as Manson. What is extraordinary about him (and his ilk) is his ability to manipulate and his willingness to use it for his own deviant purposes. There is nothing useful here. There is nothing beneficial here.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Manson a genius?? Absolutely. He is far more mentally capable, than the majority of the whole. The level of his genius added with his complete disconnect with humanity, is what makes him the most frightening. Imagine what that mind could have accomplished were he a humanitarian.

If you consider an ability to manipulate the weak willed genius I suppose you would call Manson a genius.
If you think the ability to manipulate the weak willed can lead to good results, you're wrong.
They are called psychopaths for a reason.

I dont think so Phage.

Listen to him... hes not a nutjob, if you actually bother to listen to him you'll notice that theres nothing "off". Hes not crazy... every gesture, every look, every word is perfectly timed. He sees himself the mirror image of the society we have and he trully is. Hes the mirror image of everything you stand for, everything you live by, every rule, every mind numbing bit of society ... and he plays with the fact that we're all asleep. We're all upside down... and he wants to represent that mirror image. He wants you to recognize the mirror image and thats why he plans it so much. These are not ramblings of a mad man. And he knows we think his crazy and he doesnt even want to come out to the "world", cause he knows he wont adapt, he cant bend. So he even makes sure that no parole is given so he can avoid the "world" as much as he can for there is no place for him and he'll be just another "crazy".

While in prison tho, he knows he has a voice. He knows hes still Charles Manson and that every time a parole or interview is made he knows its "air time" for him and it seems to me that he tries to get a message out - if he was released he knows prolly he wouldnt be worth "air time" and that in a few years someone would say "see that bum... that used to be the old manson guy, from some years ago" and that prolly his next "air time" would be "Wheres Charles Manson now?" Meanwhile people would forget about him... and he knows in jail his still a mark of our time, and not another psychopath lost somewhere in history.

Thats what fascinates me about him... hes not crazy at all and he says some pretty curious stuff that actually makes you think... he knows that, and he laughs cause hes perfectly aware of that.

I think hes the mirror image of a genius - like I said an even more twisted Moriarty, mixed with the Joker maybe with a chaotic vision... he has no "financial ambition" even. The world and all that builds it just doesnt matter to him.

Listen to him criticizing the book about him... thats no crazy man and that analysis of the book is perfect and reflects a very sane thought, very rational... he even states "I'm not going to sign this book or else theres a lot of people that wont buy it, since everything I do becomes what you shouldnt do" culminating in the final answer "would you buy this book?" "No I wouldnt"

This answer is curious because not only hes referring to the book itself, but also certifies that people will want to buy the book therefore he knows his message, even if a little skewed will be read! He just managed to have his message in as many homes as possible, yet he has nothing to gain from that book - nothing but recognition. The book is a mean to an end, he even hates the book, but still... would charles manson lose an opportunity of free "air time"?

This guy is fascinating!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I don't consider psychopaths "crazy".
I consider them subhuman slime.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
He actually seems rather on the dumb side to me. He has a recorded IQ of 121, which isn't dumb, but very much not near genius level.

He is a manipulator and he's definitely crazy, there is no question there and I think you can pretty much leave it at that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Could he have been labeled a PROPHET too? His name means - Son Of Man. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix..If you haven't yet , check out what he said about the coming RACE WARS.
BTW.....you'll never figure this guy out.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I don't consider psychopaths "crazy".
I consider them subhuman slime.

Oh come on Phage... after all that I said you only say that?

I'm pretty sure you can articulate a much better answer.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
Could he have been labeled a PROPHET too? His name means - Son Of Man. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix..If you haven't yet , check out what he said about the coming RACE WARS.
BTW.....you'll never figure this guy out.

I really agree with that!

I try tho! I really do...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There is nothing special about Manson. There is no value in any of the self serving rhetoric he has always spouted.

He, and all his ilk, are subhuman slime.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join