It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda underwear bomber 'was US double agent'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
If you buy this story, then the question begs asking, why are we hearing about it and who leaked it?

Classic psyops - who else in AQ has been turned?? Is that chap reading your the Koran really a devout jihadist or an agent for the great satan? Who can you really trust??

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenlovesturtles
So the article says this device would have been hard to detect even with the increased security checks? Seriously, at this point the TSA might as well have you strip down naked in line so you can board your plane. This is like when we sold guns to the mexican cartels so we could prove they were dangerous...everyday Canada looks better and better to me.

Hi jen,
You may just have stumbled on one of the best ways to improve the US drastically.
If the passengers have to ship their clothes to their destination, that would be good for GNP.
The decrease in weight from the clothes would use less fuel.
That would be good for dependency on foreign oil and be a big plus for cleaner a atmosphere. The US government could be the first to fly this way.
Just think of the total transparency.
cheers ljb
edit on 5/8/2012 by longjohnbritches because: gdp dnp no difference

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
But one should really be concerned about is not necessarily the underwear bomb, but the:

Rectum Bomb.

I just figure that Al Qaeda business meetings have to be the funniest of all the world's terror organizations. I can't even believe this is discussed.

And this brings us to my favorite story of 2011 gossiponthis.com... aine-from-his-brothers-butt-video/

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
in other words,

US sponsors the very TERROR it pretends to be at war with

now what does that mean US has in store for AMERICANS?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Classic psyops - who else in AQ has been turned?? Is that chap reading your the Koran really a devout jihadist or an agent for the great satan? Who can you really trust??

I'm quite positive that more than half of the entire al-Qaeda "organization" are actually US agents. It reminds me of when I was a Cub Scout and had to build the stupid pinewood derby car. The rule was your parents couldn't build it for you. The problem was neither I nor any of my friends had the motivation or technical ability to really do it. On the big day, every single kid (myself included) had a well-machined race car ready to go, and the parents would all pretend like they weren't the ones who actually built the car.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

I'm quite positive that more than half of the entire al-Qaeda "organization" are actually US agents.

well that leaves something up to half who ARE actually jihadists.

Personally I don't see the problem with giving them rope so they can hang themselves.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

What better way to plant the seed of doubt within a functioning terrorist network? If TPTB can make it seem like said terrorist was an undercover operative, how difficult will it be for those in power to trust anyone within said terrorist network?

The terrorists will never know either way now as this particular terrorist/operative will likely disappear so that they can continue the charade.

Food for thought.

ETA: Looks as though others share this view.
edit on 5/8/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Personally I don't see the problem with giving them rope so they can hang themselves.

Really? You don't see the fallacy of that train of thought? Your rationale is along the lines of "since SOME terrorists are real, anything done to destroy them, including facilitating activities that they would be otherwise incapable of, is justified". Talk about a warped sense of logic.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So, how is this new to the rest of us?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

Really? You don't see the fallacy of that train of thought? Your rationale is along the lines of "since SOME terrorists are real, anything done to destroy them, including facilitating activities that they would be otherwise incapable of, is justified". Talk about a warped sense of logic.

I see nothing particularly wrong in "facilitating" people far enough along their crimes to gather enough evidence to actually show they have the intent and will to commit them - provided the safeguards against entrapment are observed.

You also assume that these people could not carry out the putative crimes without facilitation - that's a pretty major slaw in your argument IMO.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I see nothing particularly wrong in "facilitating" people far enough along their crimes to gather enough evidence to actually show they have the intent and will to commit them - provided the safeguards against entrapment are observed.

You also assume that these people could not carry out the putative crimes without facilitation - that's a pretty major slaw in your argument IMO.

While it's true that I can't prove the alleged actual terrorists couldn't have carried out the intended attack (it's not possible to prove a negative), I think it's reasonable to believe that if the double-agent wasn't in place the attack wouldn't have happened based on the history of these double-agent operations. al-Qaeda was small scab that would have gone away on its own if the US didn't keep picking at it. Now that it's become a thriving infection, the US needs to keep exacerbating it in order to justify the use of stronger medications to get rid of it. Rinse and repeat.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

There wasn't an attack at all though. there was a plan to do an attack - completely different.

And the guy who supposedly made the bomb is apparently the guy who made a previous "underwear bomb" that did make it aboard an airliner but failed to detonate.

I'd say that is a pretty good indicator that he already had the capability and this was a refinement of it.

now of course you might not believe that information....plenty of that goes on here .....

And actually it is possible to prove some negatives - I can prove to people close by me that I do not haver any coins in my pocket, for example, by showing them the contents of my pocket.

And is a wider sense the concept of evidence of absence has some validity.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just hope they pass more laws to make us secure. I mean, a bomb is bad enough, but an underwear bomb? Imagine what kind of things explode when that goes off!

As I was saying, clearly we need more security because the threat of terrorism is so real.

DHS should start posting agents outside of your front door. Home owner comes home and forgets his ID, too bad. GET ON THE GROUND, NOW! And ship em' off to a FEMA "re-education" camp to beat some sense into them.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I see nothing particularly wrong in "facilitating" people far enough along their crimes

It gets bad when the government has to design and improve the underwear bomb, and even worse when they have to entice people to wear them. Just downright humiliating when their own double agents have to wear them just to put a show on for the press and then give themselves up.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
underwearbomb?
that must have hurt
damn near rectum

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I understand both sides, but when I initially read this story, I thought:

Wow... Al-CIA-da is covering there failure at Bombing a Plane by saying their Agent was actually a "double agent", and that they *saved* the US from another Terrorist attack?! Whuddathunkit!

I'd like to say it takes a lot of thought to catch this stuff, but it's getting absolutely disgusting at how bad they are at saving face with the blatant lies they tell the public.

Honestly, I think something HYUUUUGE is gonna happen soon on the "terrorist" front. People are forgetting the impact they made with 9/11, and they need something to really catch the public eye. I've told my friends to sell their tickets to the Olympics. Better safe than sorry.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

organized crime needs a labor union. the things being asked of people in the course of their jobs has gotten way out of control.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
well duh i wanna know who the guy who was next too him at the ticket counter that got him on the plane with no passport was there ur answer rite there

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If it was all about giving them rope to hang themselves, they would use inert bomb making materials...

Doesn't anybody remember the first trade center bombing?
Remember the story about the fbi imformant being the one supplying the materials?
Remember that he wanted them to be fake, but the FBI insisted it be real?
They are not just trying to catch these guys. They are trying to get them to blow shiz up.

Why come out with this story...? hmmm... I keep getting the feeling they're trying to piss us all off. Every story that comes out seems like they try and make it more and more unbelieveable till someone just snaps. Too bad that doesn't fit with how complacent we all are...

Wonder how they fix that?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The reason the msm is talking about this:

Guy1: "Terrorist organisations are actually funded, trained and manned by intelligence agencies creating false flags"
Guy1: "No you're just talking about that double agent! D'oh you're so silly! What time is american idol on?"

No harm in revealing details about the inner workings of agencies if it actually helps your agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join