It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Seismograph Says: Big Earthquake Eminent

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Thanks for sharing that. Your dreams seem detailed. I don't believe I've ever had a dream in which I'm looking at my computer and I see stuff. Ever. Which is weird considering that I'm retired and spend tons of time on it.

A magnitude 11 earthquake would be absolutely horrific, and enough to tweak our earth's axis or knock us slightly out of orbit compared to where we were before. The largest earthquake ever reported was in Valdivia, Chile, on May 22, 1960, and it was a 9.5. Because each time the number goes up on the Richter Scale, the power increases exponentially. An 11 would be unimaginable in scope and devastation (not to mention any tsunamis generated from it)!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Who knows, I'm not good at interpreting my dreams, I really only started remembering my dreams in the last year or so.

Pretty strange because nothing in my life changed, I just have really vivid dreams almost every night now. After these dreams started I wake up a lot more tired and out of it. Exhausted. I use to be the guy that would wake up and be out the door in 10 mins, now I drag for hours.

I kinda wish the dreams would stop.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Destinyone

It's weird. I was sitting there thinking of strategies to get my son out of the house at the strangest times. I wake up in the wee hours of the morning sometimes and thing "How would I get my son out of here during an earthquake?".

No need to think about it. When/if it happens, you will know exactly what to do without thinking.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't think you should stop listening to your hubby or your own inner feelings Mrs Windy!

I "felt" it when both of my fathers passed away. I can also feel the presence of Ghosts for want of a better term.

The problem is that people can see one miss and throw out the whole bath, water, soap, baby and for good measure the kitchen sink! It is a stupid way to think but there you go.

I had a dog that knew 5 minutes in advance of when my Mom or I was coming home. Did not matter what time it was. He was a good early warning system. Lol.

The problem with modern science is that if they cannot create a repeatable experiment they are simply not interested in the subject matter and then go to the trouble of slamming anyone that thinks otherwise. It is a huge problem and one that holds back the development of our species.

Keep posting these alerts for us please.

P

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

He has mentioned it a few times since then, and there's usually a nice fat earthquake somewhere across the globe.

Which begs the question, how can the ground in Texas vibrate when a tectonic plate across the globe is fixing to shift??

Because the next massive one won't be across the globe, it will destroy California.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Thanks, pheonix. I appreciate the support! There were a couple of 5.4s in the Philippines Islands in the last half hour, and 15 quakes in the 4.0 - 4.9 scale since I started this thread, but I guess I should have titled my thread "Sizable Earthquake Imminent", instead of "big", because people were expecting the Big One with that title.

You're right, just like psychics aren't always correct, it is an inexact ability and many variables to affect it.

As far as I'm concerning, looking at quakes.globalincidentmap.com... there have been a definite uptick in the size of quakes since I started this thread, and so this wasn't a complete "bust", it was just not the whopper that people had automatically expected.

It's all good, though.

Now, if I had said it was the end of the world, and tomorrow we would all be dead, I could expect a great deal of derision and ridicule. As far as I'm concerned, though, I won't relax until a couple of days have gone by.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

California has been having earthquake swarms for months now. They could be the next victim. It could also be farther north into Oregon and Washington, or even the British Columbia area.

What makes you think Cali is the next in line to get the Big One?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
With respect to the OP, can anyone "looking out" for earthquakes please take all belief that something's about to happen out of their minds please. The last thing we need is for us to be feeding expectation energies into something that might not end up happening and tip the consensus reality scales, so to speak.

If you're observing any earthquake sites, please do it with a neutral mind, and let go of any fear and anxiety.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Awwww your so cute! lol I think I'm going to trust your husbands butt. lol I don't know why... Maybe it's because you came across utterly sweet and genuine. I live the Mrs. Kook part... Haha

It's been proven in Science that some people are "wired" differently. Some people may be able to sense it like animals do.

Anywho... Thanks for the light heart in the face of bad news. And thanks to your Husbands bootY! lol

Born in El Paso but now in Montnana. I hope his butt isn't thinking Yellow Stone.
edit on 9-5-2012 by tracehd1 because: CoRr

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow, a lot of fellow Texians here in the thread; I'm in the Gulf Coast near Galveston.

FS, I've read several of your weather threads and now learning that your husband has this affinity for earthquakes I find it quite fitting that you two found each other and are paired.

You are able to discern the patterns of Father Sky (the wind) and your husband is attuned to Mother Earth. More than a little poetry in that, I think.

I hope he is wrong, but I also hope that does not stop you from posting again if this does not pan out and he receives another "warning" in the future.

I am inclined to agree with crankyoldman in regards to how your hubby picks up on the vibrations as our middle son is autistic (PDDNOS) and he often notices things that no one else is aware of and when my wife or I ask him for clarification he is not able to fully articulate why it is he said what he did.

Wanted to add that Seismic Magnitude Scales (of which there are several) are logarithmic, not exponential; tiny difference but significant.

A M11 event would only be possible with the collision of another celestial body and would likely hurl off enough of the outer crustal layer to produce another moon.

In other words, YIKES!
edit on 9-5-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: more to say

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Naw, I don't think you're a kook. Always enjoy reading your posts.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have to be in Oakland tomorrow...and my church office is on the 3rd floor of a 100yr old church!

I'm not worried though

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm not normally a fan of very weird threads and I suspect if a man had posted this it might not have had the same attention BUT I love it, I firmly believe although I can't explain why, that there are people with certain sensitivities, I would not say its an ability because it comes to them and they can't call on it at free will.

With that said I seriously want him to be wrong as large earthquakes normally mean loss of life.

But it would be interesting to see if anything does happen.

I hope he never gets piles as that could seriously affect his skill

Only joking...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

TY for the heads up.

Over in the sand box we had a guy that swears he could hear mortars and other artillery rounds coming in. He was right about 90% of the time. We called him the "Mortar Magi" for being able to predict it. The other type were "Mortar Magnets", you didn't really want to hang around them too much.

Sorry but that made me burst out laughing,
and I'm still typing between spurts.

Mortar magi... omg...
dang I'm waking up my girl... ssshhhh... bahahahahha...

I miss military humor. never played in the sandbox, but I did play on sand hill...

*Watching for quakes...

EDIT: oh, and I had strange, strange dreams last night. No quakes, but there were 2 RED suns. As I looked at them they swooped past each other, like if they were orbiting each other... It was the central point in my dream, but it didn't go with anything else in the dream at all... No one else in the dream even noticed. Felt strange...
edit on 5/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I hope his butt isn't attuned to Yellowstone, either. If that caldera blows, it will be cataclysmic. It's one scenario that really scares me so I try not to think about it.

Yes, I am genuine, and I appreciate you saying that. As an Aspie, I am a really crappy liar and so I just don't engage in it. Whatever I write is the truth as I understand it to be, and I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

I'm fixing to hit the hay now. I'll be a happy camper if nothing happened and this was just an exercise in "what if". However, the seismic activity did increase after he felt the tremors, and he did say that the vibrations today weren't as strong as last year on March 10th, so.....This thread was a good foray into earthquakes, predictions, dreams, feelings, animal behavior and people's beliefs and gut feelings about the future.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Yup. Plenty of Texans on here, which I love!!

You know, when I first met my husband, I thought he was a strange bird, but he kept saying that we were "meant to be together", and after being married for years, I guess I gotta agree with him. It was sweet of you to say so.

And thanks for correcting me on earthquake magnitude terminology. I have never studied it officially, so I may screw up on things like that, but you're right, those little differences are actually quite big. Thanks for the education!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

are you sure he has not got vibrating leg syndrome?

people with cells phones set to vibrate get a vibration sensations even when they don't even have the phone with them.

there was a article on ATS about this.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
FS, kudos to you and your hubs. Keep the updates coming. Something is in the works, cause I am a baker and have to be up in 2.5 hrs and can't sleep yet. The Universe has been sending me mixed signals, equally balanced bad with the good. Began having discord at work, resolved to find another, old job called me back with a promotion. Car has major troubles cant repair, went car shopping and found a truck 46K mi with a payment I can handle now. Couldn't at my current job till I start new one next week. My point is we don't know how interconnected the world is, there is so much unexplained and not understood. But oh the joy of understanding when we reach that point. Look forward to catching what the rest of this day brings when I get home this afternoon. Love and light, darlin.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

LOL, "piles". Haven't heard them called that for a long time. He also felt it in his elbows, and back (all areas touching the chair that was touching the ground), but I guess the rear end was the main "shock absorber"

He'll never get piles, though....I feed him too much fiber.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

I used to have that when I had my cell phone in my pocket, but we haven't had to carry cell phones for years, and our cell phone doesn't work out where we live, so we haven't carried it around (except in my purse) in over three years.

Makes me want to use one of those vibrating beds you find in the older cheesy motels. After the bed stops vibrating, your body still buzzes for minutes afterwards, Fun under certain circumstances!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join