It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Thomas Video Finally Released

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

The guys dad did not have enough
sense to help his son atleast get
assistance???

You are making a lot of assumptions here, sometimes there isn't a lot of "assistance" you can give to a high functioning mentally ill person.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Either way, if he used them or not it didn't save him from being killed by the cops.
edit on 8-5-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

I agree

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

assistance???

How do you force an adult to accept something they do not want? Mentally ill people do not behave or think the way "society" thinks that they should, ergo the label. A lot of homeless people suffer from mental illness, and have made the choice to be homeless, possibly finding it preferable to being medicated and controlled all their lives. It's certainly not a new phenomenon.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiggersTheMan

assistance???

How do you force an adult to accept something they do not want? Mentally ill people do not behave or think the way "society" thinks that they should, ergo the label. A lot of homeless people suffer from mental illness, and have made the choice to be homeless, possibly finding it preferable to being medicated and controlled all their lives. It's certainly not a new phenomenon.

Maybe, I just wish things
in this whole situation
was different all the why's and what;s
i have in my head just venting

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

You appear to have no clue about the mentally disturbed. If it is as simple as getting assistance or having family members help out, do you really think we' d have the homeless problem we do now?

Besides, how do you help someone who doesnt think they are crazy and doesnt want to be helped???

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

You appear to have no clue about the mentally disturbed. If it is as simple as getting assistance or having family members help out, do you really think we' d have the homeless problem we do now?

Besides, how do you help someone who doesnt think they are crazy and doesnt want to be helped???

The whole thing disturbs me
just asking questions

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I can only sit here and wonder how many other people have gotten beat down by the police over nothing. Senseless all the way around just because some dumb cop wanted to show he was in control.

I can only hope that justice is served and that some lifer in prison does a fisting on that ex-cop from dusk to dawn.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

this is why you do not resist arrest
Its called shut up and lawyer up..

now why you do this so these
guys cant get off on beating you up
this guy in the video is a complete
moron..

he should of shut up let them apes arrest him and let his lawyer
do the dirty work

he fell right for what they were wanting to do

Pretty ridiculous to call someone who was beat to death by four cops an idiot, while you yourself don't even know how to form a sentence correctly.

Who's the idiot?
edit on 8-5-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I've said this before: Pray you never become mentally ill in this country. You may well be killed for it.

I refuse to watch that video. I want to cry just thinking about the poor man's plight. I know what mental illness is like. In my case i never broke with reality. I suffer off and on with OCD. My problems won't come to the level of Kelly's, but I can certainly sympathize with him. In his last moments he was probably frightened beyond all belief with no understanding of what was happening to him. He didn't deserve that at all.

Their cops though, cops normally get off with next to nothing in this country no matter how wrong they are.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

this is why you do not resist arrest
Its called shut up and lawyer up..

now why you do this so these
guys cant get off on beating you up
this guy in the video is a complete
moron..

he should of shut up let them apes arrest him and let his lawyer
do the dirty work

he fell right for what they were wanting to do

Pretty ridiculous to call someone who was beat to death by four cops and idiot, while you yourself don't even know how to form a sentence correctly.

Who's the idiot?

No ones denying this guy
was not the brightest
color in the box..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

No one is rushing to your defense and declaring you one of the brightest color in the box either, but this has nothing at all to do with mental illness, and the mentally ill are not doomed to a lifetime of stupidity. There is a joke about a man who is driving in the country near a mental institute when he gets a flat tire just before sundown. He parks the car at the front of the mental institution and begins changing the flat tire, but in his nervousness he winds up knocking the hub cap holding the lug nuts over and the lug nuts roll along the road and down into a storm drain.

The man with the flat tire is beside himself, unsure what to do next. Some of the patients in the mental institution had been watching and one had been trying to get the mans attention. He kept going "Pssttt". Finally, the man with the flat tire looks at him annoyed and says: "What?" The insane guy suggest to the man that he take one lug nut off of each of the other three tires and use those three lug nuts to replace the tire allowing the man to drive back into town and get his tire fixed properly.

The man looks at the insane guy with amazement and says: "That's really clever. What's a smart guy like you doing in a place like this?"

The insane guy looks at him and dryly responds: "I'm crazy, not stupid".

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

There is no difference between getting help at his fathers home or being reliant on his father to provide a hotel room. If he wanted total freedom on the streets then there is nothing anybody could do short of locking him up.

It does appear that this guy could of gotten help both financially and as people said he did not like being confined in the wards and on the pills. In the end he is not logical, was not thinking right, ie he was insane or put more rightly he was unsane. And especially if he thought he could just walk the streets and be a vagrant without harassment from all corners of life, and that does include cops and in this case he had more to fear from cops then the others walking the streets at night, as that was his demise.

If anything his dad should of looked at different methods of helping him since the pills and the wards did not help him and he had a penchant for wondering around and did not like being confined. And judging by his surprise that the cops were hassling him before the thing got serious I think he really did not know what he was getting himself into, and if he knew he would of stuck to being in the mental ward and on the pills.

But still since when is being homeless a crime and especially if the dude did nothing. This whole thing could of woken him up to certain realities, that is if he was not beaten to death. Its a sad story on a lost cause, and plenty of misunderstandings to go around, but mostly the cop and cops went overboard and were on a power trip.

If they just would of been more professional about it this dude probably would of sooner or latter ended up in the mental ward again, and who knows maybe in time he would of come to his senses, or they and his dad could of found a better option on what to do with him, as it seems his mind was off key and he is definitely not all there.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

No one is rushing to your defense and declaring you one of the brightest color in the box either,

Wont hear me claiming it either..
One thing you will hear me do
is question.. All that was being done...

What is going to happen if these cops
get off scott free, do you see that happening
at all? If they don't will you feel justice serve
or should they have been charged worse?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why is everyone jumping on Pops? He didnt even know when he posted that the guy was mentally ill. Seriously get back on the topic.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No, I do not see the two who have been charged with crimes getting off Scott free. I am a bit skeptical about how zealous the District Attorney's Office will prosecute this case given it took them an inordinate amount of time to bring charges against them, and given that the other four thugs were not charged at all, but still, I do not see these two thugs walking away from this trial Scott free.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I can't add anything that hasn't been said already in the countless threads of police brutality posted at ATS. I want to say again that I condemn these actions and our government who encourages these actions. It should be obvious that this is is status quo when examining cases such as Kenneth Chamberlain’s. I'd also like to request, as is usually requested in the multitude of police brutality threads at ATS, that LEO, explain yourself here.
edit on 8-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Send every one of the to prison. Every one. Pigs ... one rung on the ladder above the criminals ... and maybe not even that. Pigs.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Looks like they finally figured out how much blood he had in him.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

this guy in the video is a complete moron..

How kind of you to point out the obvious.
He WAS mentally handicapped.
I mean really - there you are sitting safe and sound behind your computer openly name calling and being CRITICAL of a mentally challenged individual who was beaten to death by the cops while screaming for his DAD!

Oh wait? Maybe you are a cop.

edit on 8-5-2012 by silo13 because: not worth

popsmayhem probably is a cop. He's always defending them even when it's blatantly ridiculous to do so (such as in this thread)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Why is everyone jumping on Pops? He didnt even know when he posted that the guy was mentally ill. Seriously get back on the topic.

The discussion for the last several pages has primarily focused on some people including pops seemingly putting blame on Kelly's father not about pops calling Kelly a moron. I thought people have stayed on topic for the most part.
edit on 8-5-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join