It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some/many see Gray's If they are not real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I’ve kicked around this notion, in my mind, for quite some time. I know it has a few holes and by no means is proof of anything but thought I would share to get others take on this idea. It’s probably going to be a long read so bear with me as I try and lay it all out…

Let me first say that I think it is possible that aliens, specifically the ‘Greys’, are a reality. I have seen most all of the evidence and have a hard time dismissing it ALL out of hand. Having said that, I have seen no actual proof of such and doubt many/most here have as well. Compelling stories and evidence? Sure. Proof? No. So I think to myself ‘could it all be some sort of mass delusion? Could everyone just be nuts?’ I think the answer to both is ‘No’, but if that is the case could there be something else at play here? Could there be something else going on that does not mean everyone is nuts AND there are no ‘Grays’?

To try and make a long story short here, I think it may be possible that what people’s minds are seeing as Grays may just be a left over image of something most all of us had seen in our early childhood, very early. Most of us over the last century have been born in a hospital and the very first image we would see is the birthing Doctor. Sure there are exceptions but many/most would have a very similar ‘first’ image akin to image 1. After doing a bit of research it sems that a child is born seeing bland gray colors as in image 2. Also, there eyes are not finely tunes yet as in image 3, and the new external light source unfamiliar to their eyes would create a bright washed out image such as image 4.

Now, I know some think that a newborn is incapable of retaining memories for later recall, but this does not rule out the possibility that images could not be stored away somewhere deep in the subconscious, and perhaps due to a somewhat uncommon mental experience later in life it could be tapped and surface with the definition and detail that our human minds create.

Like I said earlier, I know this is only conjecture here and could be way off, but to me the 4’th photo, a representation of perhaps one of the earliest childhood images, and created to look like what I can only speculate a babies ‘new’ eyes may see like, looks an awful lot like what a ‘Gray’ are supposed to look like. If indeed the vision of Gray’s are just a mass fluke based not on reality then perhaps this is the missing link that could explain why so many think to see the same thing, because perhaps they all had. Just a long time ago…

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew
Very clever idea. I've never heard it put quite like that. The pictures sure help to, I mean, babies as far as we know have real blurry vision so that first image we see as we are being born might stick subconsciously.
Did you make those pictures progressively blurry like that? If so, you should do one of a doctor with some dark framed glasses on. Might add even more to the eye deal.
Good idea either way. I see what you mean and it makes sense, IMO of course.
Star and Flag

TXML

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You may also be interested in reading this article describing the female proto-face recognition built into infants:

Close encounters of the facial kind

Many newborn animals are equipped with inborn visual recognition templates. It has been well over a half century since ethololgist Niko Tinbergen found that newly hatched chicks would automatically cower from shadow patterns that resembled predators (such as hawks). These same chicks ignored shadow patterns that matched nonpredators

It's a good read and quite interesting to consider.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
People tend to see what they want to see I think.. I'm not saying aliens don't exist, I'm just one who doesn't think they've visited this marble yet.. and may never min my life time.. as for what they look like? who knows.

I also think the same can be said for Ghosts, Chupacabra, Big Foot and Loche Ness Monster.. sightings of all of these things happen every year in a surprising number.. but there's never been any substantial proof ..

A lot of times people want so much to believe in something that they are absolutely convinced .. others I think just outright invent their stories for 15 minutes of fame.. And then you get down to the real experiences.. seeing a craft flying in the sky that doesn't look like your average, known craft.. these can be explained in several categories..

1. Secret government craft
2. Mundane terrestrial objects ( balloons, rc craft, standard craft mis-identified, planets, comets, satellites )
3 An active imagination
4. A genuine unidentified object

I've seen cases where a troupe of parachute jumpers were practicing for a show and had flares attached to them, it caused mass ufo reports.. I've seen a giant balloon shaped like a UFO for a low budget movie get mass reports also ..

As for aliens themselves.. the grays people claim to have spotted.. Could be a waking dream which HAS happened to me and is absolutely terrifying because it's usually associated with sleep paralysis and the dream world blending in with what your eyes actually see.. ( not much is scarier ) ..

The infant connection is an interesting twist I've not heard before.. but entirely believable..
edit on 5/7/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew

Now, I know some think that a newborn is incapable of retaining memories for later recall, but this does not rule out the possibility that images could not be stored away somewhere deep in the subconscious, and perhaps due to a somewhat uncommon mental experience later in life it could be tapped and surface with the definition and detail that our human minds create.

What do you think would be this mental experience? I would think that in order for this to happen it would have to be somewhat similar conditions to when the memory was made.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

You may also be interested in reading this article describing the female proto-face recognition built into infants:

Close encounters of the facial kind

Many newborn animals are equipped with inborn visual recognition templates. It has been well over a half century since ethololgist Niko Tinbergen found that newly hatched chicks would automatically cower from shadow patterns that resembled predators (such as hawks). These same chicks ignored shadow patterns that matched nonpredators

It's a good read and quite interesting to consider.

Thanks, I'll give it a read.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

Originally posted by HomeBrew

What do you think would be this mental experience? I would think that in order for this to happen it would have to be somewhat similar conditions to when the memory was made.

I honestly do not know. Perhaps some stress related situation coupled with a specific diet...? I really have no clue. But I do know it's not unheard of for humans, and animals, to revert back to childhood memories and such.
edit on 7-5-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by txMEGAlithic
Very clever idea. I've never heard it put quite like that. The pictures sure help to, I mean, babies as far as we know have real blurry vision so that first image we see as we are being born might stick subconsciously.
Did you make those pictures progressively blurry like that? If so, you should do one of a doctor with some dark framed glasses on. Might add even more to the eye deal.
Good idea either way. I see what you mean and it makes sense, IMO of course.
Star and Flag

TXML

Thanks, and yes I did the photos like that. I wanted to try and capture/present my idea without trying too hard to make it seem so. So I just grabed the first pic I could use and added the effect(s) as it.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How much investigation has anyone in this thread done on some of the best potential ET-UFO cases? It seems as if people are drawing conclusions without looking at some of the best data. It could be that many UFO reports are misidentified craft and natural phenomena, but we cannot conclude that ALL reports are such.

The best scientific studies of the phenomena, released to the public, do indicate that there are such things as UFOs and some of them have performance characteristics far beyond any publicly human built craft and they do appear on radar and visually.

It is easy to misidentify human built objects or natural phenomena, but they are quite easy to rule out in some cases.

For example it is easy to rule out flares because of the intensity of light they emit versus time, the spectral shape of the light, the temperature at which they burn and finally if you analyze the light using a spectrometer you can determine the elements that made up the light.

Most human built craft, including RC craft do not have anywhere near the performance characteristics exhibited by potential ET-Craft in the best cases, not to mention that the light could once be analyzed to determine if they are craft lights.

Furthermore, it is one thing to posit a theory that ALL grey alien experiences are simply a waking dream, you would then have to show that in a statistically significant portion of those who truly claim grey alien experiences that they were having waking dreams at the time they saw them. It is possible to detect waking dreams using an EEG machine, much of the time actual, repeated waking dreams are due to seizures and schizophrenia.

The UFO phenomena is testable, I have an entire thread dedicated to testing the phenomena:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-5-2012 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000
How much investigation has anyone in this thread done on some of the best potential ET-UFO cases? It seems as if people are drawing conclusions without looking at some of the best data. It could be that many UFO reports are misidentified craft and natural phenomena, but we cannot conclude that ALL reports are such.

The best scientific studies of the phenomena, released to the public do indicate that there are such things as UFOs and some of them have performance characteristics far beyond any publicly human built craft.

It is easy to misidentify human built objects or natural phenomena, but they are quite easy to rule out in some cases.

For example it is easy to rule out flares because of the intensity of light they emit versus time, the spectral shape of the light, the temperature at which they burn and finally if you analyze the light using a spectrometer you can determine the elements that made up the light.

Most human built craft, including RC craft do not have anywhere near the performance characteristics exhibited by potential ET-Craft in the best cases, not to mention that the light could once be analyzed to determine if they are halogen.

Furthermore, it is one thing to posit a theory that ALL grey alien experiences are simply a waking dream, you would then have to show that in a significant portion of those who truly claim grey alien experiences that they were having waking dreams at the time they saw them. Many of those who claim to have been abducted appear normal in every sense of the word, with no history of mental illness.

I have an entire thread dedicated to testing the phenomena:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to be clear here, I am in no way discrediting Aliens as a whole, or even UFO's. As you stated, and I agree, there is overwhelming evidence to be had. What I am directing this at is specificly Gray's and an uncanny resemblence many have in describing what they have seen.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
While the OP presents an interesting perceptual theory, there are at least 2 things

The ancient Bradshaw cave paintings in Australia

www.bradshawfoundation.com...

and a sculpture from Mesopotamia

I'm pretty sure they had vastly different birthing experiences than we do, but interestingly both of these ancient things from different times and places still fit the profile of the Gray. Therefore, either they are an archetype buried deep within the human psyche (and if so why), or they are real (or both.)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
that sculpture from Mesopotamia doesn't look much like a "Grey". Its short, fat and squat.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Actually you have given me a good idea, to rule out possible neurological effects in testing the phenomena it may be a good idea to record brainwaves to make sure the person wasn't having a "waking dream" or experiencing other neurological phenomena.

Thanks
edit on 7-5-2012 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
While the OP presents an interesting perceptual theory, there are at least 2 things

The ancient Bradshaw cave paintings in Australia

www.bradshawfoundation.com...

and a sculpture from Mesopotamia

I'm pretty sure they had vastly different birthing experiences than we do, but interestingly both of these ancient things from different times and places still fit the profile of the Gray. Therefore, either they are an archetype buried deep within the human psyche (and if so why), or they are real (or both.)

I have actually considered this, and this is what I was refering to when I said there may be some holes in my theory. However, I suppose we could not rule out that these ancient depictions of what resembles gray's are nothing more than coincidence.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

of course there are lots of sightings and likenesses of this guy too
edit on 7-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This theory has been put forward here: www.skeptic.com...

I find this explanation for the ubiquity of grey aliens to be quite convincing.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I'm pretty sure they had vastly different birthing experiences than we do

I'm not attacking you or your response but any where a human is born, one of the first things they see is the face of another human. That couple with the fact that their vision is blurry and void of much color suggests that any experience of 'greys' could be linked back to child birth. No part of the globe could be left out. For all we know those cave drawings and sculptures(if they really depict greys) could be link back to visions first attained at birth.

I do believe we are being visited by greys and a lot of the none sense that goes along with that. I do think this is a possible answer given every human sees another human right after or during birth.

TXML

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kipfilet
This theory has been put forward here: www.skeptic.com...

I find this explanation for the ubiquity of grey aliens to be quite convincing.

Wow, very cool!

I suppose I should know better to think that I could come up with an original idea.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Greys are not at all like humans. And from what I experienced, BOTS, that can operate as intelligent toasters, those do surgery, and they induce primal fear, or with souls projecting in, who wear this like a suit.

The ones we saw, my youngest and second youngest, was much akin to the delicate grey looking in the window on the news.

Enhanced Quality Peckman Denver Alien Peeks In Window Video

Very much like this.

The one I saw at the door before a family abduction, after contact in the morning that should have alerted me to us being in trouble that night.

It was about the size of my youngest son, 4 5"- 4 7" roughly, with the same shaped head that he had, very narrow, delicate, and slightly long, bald, but head did not fan out as much as in the video, but slightly narrrower buldge, eyes were smaller than the typical greys and looked akin to sunglass lenses without the frames, at a slightly asian angle.

Very delicate features, dont recall a nose, but a tiny mouth.

The body was not just thin but it was nearly a twig, a slightly fleshed out twig body.

But this grey was rose colored, dark dusty flushed rose, really odd color, and he stood there for a moment straight in front of me, right at the door, maybe 1 to 1 1/2 feet in front of me, then he twisted to the side, and leapt and vanished, his twig like limbs fluid like liquid mercury, elongating.

That night I dreamt of a family abduction, with my father, brother, two oldest sons, and all the kids were invovled but in the dream they were outside on a blanket. My second oldest son said he thought he was dropped off, the room was swirling for him, so I shared my dream, as he was dropped off in the dream just moments before waking and him sharing that downstairs, they were wearing blue overals with father and brother covered in a rust colored soot that they had to shake off.

I was told before I woke up that this day had taken 9 days to complete, and to write that down.
edit on 7-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Keep an open mind man.... that's all.

Could there be something else going on that does not mean everyone is nuts AND there are no ‘Grays’?

Possibly something else going on.....but the more you become aware and the more you think about it.... it becomes obvious they are real.
edit on 8-5-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join