It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Office Staff Lacks Racial Diversity - May Violate Civil Rights Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is a hoot. Obviously they want to win so they hired the best people for the job. They ignored skin color and gender ... as everyone should .... in order to get the best people to do the work. Too bad that by hiring the best, it also means that they may have violated civil rights laws.

Obama Campaign Office Staff Lacks Racial Diversity - May Violate Civil Rights Law

Civil rights lawyers told The Daily Caller that President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign managers may have violated employment law by hiring an overwhelmingly white office staff for his campaign headquarters in Chicago. That skewed workforce is starkly visible in an April photo released by Obama’s Chicago office, which shows roughly 100 of the office’s staff.

Only two of the people in the photo, far in the back, are clearly African-American, far below their 13 percent of the national population, and their 33-percent representation in Chicago.

“Were I the general counsel of an employer in Chicago with the workforce in the picture … I would be concerned,” said Charles Shanor, a law professor at Emory University and the former general counsel at the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission.

Sorry ... but ....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I love it. What is the deal bammy? Were there no qualified African American candidates for your campaign?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Of all things to complain about....this?

Who cares what color they are. If they hired the individuals based on merit alone, this is not a racial issue.

STOP MAKING RACIAL ISSUES OUT OF NOTHING!!!! (not directed at the OP, but the article writer)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

I think the point is that , in the recent past, there was a big deal made by black civil rights workers out of making sure to hire 'minorities' to do jobs ... and we have a black POTUS, but that black POTUS doesn't have the minorities but instead has a white staff to do the work.

Myself .. I don't care what color a person is or what their gender is ... if they can do the job then they can do the job and that is the person you hire. BUT ... some big name black 'civil rights' folks have made a big deal about making sure that there is a certain percentage of people 'of color' doing jobs (qualified or not) ... and the POTUS, who is 'of color', isn't doing what those civil rights people want in regards to this.

Kinda

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
From the U.S. Census Bureau:

Chicago (city), Illinois
Female persons, percent, 2010 51.5%
White persons, percent, 2010 (a) 45.0%
Black persons, percent, 2010 (a) 32.9%
American Indian and Alaska Native persons, percent, 2010 (a) 0.5%
Asian persons, percent, 2010 (a) 5.5%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, percent, 2010 (a) Z
Persons reporting two or more races, percent, 2010 2.7%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2010 (b) 28.9%
White persons not Hispanic, percent, 2010 31.7%

So his Chicago campaign staff should be at least 50% female and about 30% Hispanic. I didn't see that mentioned in the article.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
All of this...based on one picture

I smell desperation.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on this one???

Smells like hypocrisy to me

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Racial discrimination against Whites is getting out of hand. It is a violation of law to have majority/all of your employees as white people now?

This is utterly disgusting and disgraceful...we live in a unbelievably moronic, backward society. Its things like this that make me wish the 2012 Apocalypse truly transpire.
edit on 7-5-2012 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Chicago (city), Illinois

So his Chicago campaign staff should be at least 50% female and about 30% Hispanic. I didn't see that mentioned in the article.

Ok, I have to ask apart from the link, where "they" got these percentages? This must be the new math because I have never known 198.7% of the population to be equal to 100% of the population. And even if you take out the 51.5% "female" the numbers still end up at 147.2% LOL.

No wonder we think we have a population explosion, the math is running at least 147.2% high in the census.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Chicago (city), Illinois

Ok, I have to ask apart from the link, where "they" got these percentages? This must be the new math because I have never known 198.7% of the population to be equal to 100% of the population. And even if you take out the 51.5% "female" the numbers still end up at 147.2% LOL.

No wonder we think we have a population explosion, the math is running at least 147.2% high in the census.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

You don't add all the numbers in this chart together.

White not Hispanic 31.7
Hispanic/Latino 28.9
Black 32.9
Asian 5.5
Native American 0.5
Total 99.5

Given an error of +/- .5%, I'd say it's pretty accurate LOL.
edit on 7-5-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Thanks for clearing that up LOL it just looked kind of odd, too many percentages. BTW, the Marty Feldman (I always liked his movies, he was crazy good) in the pic in your avatar, is that Eye-Gor from Young Frankenstein?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

top topics

join