It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military Wants To 'Microchip' Troops

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If man was suppose to be implanted with chip we'd be born that way i do not have a problem with technology i love it but there is a line that should not be crossed.

For far to long man has thought himself to be god sooner or later that is going to come back and bite him in the butt.

Just say No!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Privacy, freedom, individuality don't rank high with you, do they.

And yet, I don't really see how this development really threatens any of those things.

Privacy? The device with a camera and microphone attached to a wireless data transceiver is a far greater threat than a few sensors in the body that -may- be able to work with near-field RFID (because your face and voice aren't unique or anything - God Forbid someone recognize you).

Freedom? I fail to see how a bunch of sensors jeopardize this. If you're worried about them phoning home... well - just look at the device that shares the name (phone). Sensors these small will never have the ability to, of their own accord, interact with cellular phone networks. Physics can be a bitch. The IRS with their ability to black-list your bank accounts is a greater, and far more relevant concern (that is a separate threat from these sensors... perhaps one should focus on eliminating the source of the problem).

Individuality? ... Well - you're certainly expressing that, now, aren't you? Right along side everybody else who thinks -everyone- should hold the same opinion that these things are dangerous?

Obviously - nanoscale sensors and devices are not going to be a preferred, or even correct solution for every person or every situation. They are but one tool - one facet of technology - to apply to your life with discretion; just as you do with any other form of technology.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I just hope that folks like you stay in the minority. (no offense)
reply to post by beezzer

Just think about it if every human was to make a change for the good. For example, stop eating all the bad foods we have readily available. Start exercising and staying at our optimal fitness. Stop all wars, hate, crime.

I would actually love for someone to make me do these things. Most humans do not have the will power to do the right thing. The world would be a much better place and we would be so far advanced in our technology if it was this way and if certain humans did not want to make these changes they should be forced to make the change. Because simply they cannot think logically and think of the bigger picture, we need to stop thinking of just ourselves and start thinking about the human race in general.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by beezzer

Privacy, freedom, individuality don't rank high with you, do they.

And yet, I don't really see how this development really threatens any of those things.

Privacy? The device with a camera and microphone attached to a wireless data transceiver is a far greater threat than a few sensors in the body that -may- be able to work with near-field RFID (because your face and voice aren't unique or anything - God Forbid someone recognize you).

Freedom? I fail to see how a bunch of sensors jeopardize this. If you're worried about them phoning home... well - just look at the device that shares the name (phone). Sensors these small will never have the ability to, of their own accord, interact with cellular phone networks. Physics can be a bitch. The IRS with their ability to black-list your bank accounts is a greater, and far more relevant concern (that is a separate threat from these sensors... perhaps one should focus on eliminating the source of the problem).

Individuality? ... Well - you're certainly expressing that, now, aren't you? Right along side everybody else who thinks -everyone- should hold the same opinion that these things are dangerous?

Obviously - nanoscale sensors and devices are not going to be a preferred, or even correct solution for every person or every situation. They are but one tool - one facet of technology - to apply to your life with discretion; just as you do with any other form of technology.

Privacy. What I do, how I do it, when I do it are no-ones business and should not be monitored.

Freedom. If people are forced into this, coerced into this, lied into this, then kiss your freedoms buh-bye.

Individuality. I wish to live how I want to. Not how someone else mandates.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If man was suppose to be implanted with chip we'd be born that way

Odd... I don't remember us being born with the ability to write... much less compose written statements and send them at roughly the speed of light to centralized databanks of other written statements to be viewed by others.

Nor do I recall us being born with clothing, shoes, or other peripherals we enslave ourselves with.

For far to long man has thought himself to be god sooner or later that is going to come back and bite him in the butt.

This is quite silly, and hypocritical. By arbitrarily establishing the boundaries of man's capabilities with respect to God's, one has established him/her self to know - or even possess - God's authority over man.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apoc36

Just think about it if every human was to make a change for the good. For example, stop eating all the bad foods we have readily available. Start exercising and staying at our optimal fitness. Stop all wars, hate, crime.

I would actually love for someone to make me do these things. Most humans do not have the will power to do the right thing. The world would be a much better place and we would be so far advanced in our technology if it was this way and if certain humans did not want to make these changes they should be forced to make the change. Because simply they cannot think logically and think of the bigger picture, we need to stop thinking of just ourselves and start thinking about the human race in general.
Basically you desire slavery because freedom is too much for you to handle. You aren't alone, many sheeple feel exactly the same way. I can handle my freedoms and control my impulses just fine thank you. No slavery for me.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by apoc36

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I just hope that folks like you stay in the minority. (no offense)
reply to post by beezzer

So let me get this straight.

You want to cede all responsibility. You can't make positive changes for yourself so you want someone else to make all the decisions for you. Bully for you.

I'm not willing to give in, give up, surrender my automity to some faceless office puke controling the chips.

Live on your knees or die on your feet?

I'll be standing proud.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Privacy. What I do, how I do it, when I do it are no-ones business and should not be monitored.

Help me to understand, here... how is it that these medical devices threaten these principles?

Freedom. If people are forced into this, coerced into this, lied into this, then kiss your freedoms buh-bye.

How is that any more relevant here than is to, say, child prostitution - something as prevalent now as it's been since the dawn of society?

Again - how are these devices a threat to it?

What if I mandate you carry a cell phone? Insurance? A car?

Why does this technology specifically represent the forcing of something upon you?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

Maybe people could embrace technology easier if it wasn't been thrown at them faster than they can possibly understand it's true meaning and implications. Not even scientists can keep up with the current rate of development and you think the public should just embrace it without any thought at all?
I think that is a very dangerous idea and one that implies that those creating such new technologies are ethical people and that whatever they come up with is "good" for the public by virtue of it's newness.
Would the world be a better place if we had looked at atomic energy first and said no, that is going to be a disaster one day when these plants get old and we can't find a safe way to store the nuclear byproducts? There would be no Chernobyl, no Fukushima and no nuclear weapons. I think that would make the world a better place, don't you?
We now have cell phones and towers everywhere even though evidence is showing that they cause brain tumors (I have one of those) but instead of really looking at the data and making informed decisions that are best for humanity we rush to put these things in production to make a quick dollar.
It's never too late to say STOP! What are we doing to ourselves and our environment? Will this new "convenience" add to our quality of life and are there harmful side effects?
Even our food isn't safe from these people who think they can outsmart God to make a cow bigger, a chicken grow faster and vegetable with genes spliced in to them from fish. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE ULTIMATE RESULTS OF THESE PRODUCTS WILL BE
I love science, don't get me wrong but science never should have been made slave to government or economic interests in the first place.

Sorry to hear about your disability. I have pain issues too that keep me from playing with my grand kids so I know how heartbreaking it can be.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Odd... I don't remember us being born with the ability to write... much less compose written statements and send them at roughly the speed of light to centralized databanks of other written statements to be viewed by others.

Born with a thumb weren't we?

Nor do I recall us being born with clothing, shoes, or other peripherals we enslave ourselves with.

Nope we weren't but we were born with that thumb that makes all those machines that make everything else possible.

This is quite silly, and hypocritical. By arbitrarily establishing the boundaries of man's capabilities with respect to God's, one has established him/her self to know - or even possess - God's authority over man.

Too each there own opinions will vary with mileage.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

All good stuff... until someone hacks it...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by beezzer

Help me to understand, here... how is it that these medical devices threaten these principles?

How is that any more relevant here than is to, say, child prostitution - something as prevalent now as it's been since the dawn of society?

Again - how are these devices a threat to it?

What if I mandate you carry a cell phone? Insurance? A car?

Why does this technology specifically represent the forcing of something upon you?

Privacy. If I want bacon, salt, or bacon-salt flavoured jello shots after a smoke, then I'm going to do it.
Freedom. Child prostitution? Really? WTF?
Individuality. Mandates for cell phones are just as bad. Insurance? Sucks. Personal responsibility should take care of that, but doesn't.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nope we weren't but we were born with that thumb that makes all those machines that make everything else possible.

Then we were born with the thumbs to make machines - and brains to use those machines to build even smaller devices.

Too each there own opinions will vary with mileage.

I don't think you quite understand.

There are things out there I think are irresponsible and should not be pursued by other individuals. That is my opinion derived from my line of reasoning.

That is a personal statement that is tied only to myself. I am the sole point of relevance.

But when I make the statement: "That is trying to be God - and is therefor not something anyone should be doing." The relevance changes, considerably. I am no longer owning the reasoning - I am shifting it onto a much higher form of life; implying I am connected to that form of life to such a degree as to command its authority.

While you attempt to deject ownership of your beliefs - you, instead, declare your beliefs to be that of God.

That is what is known as heresy. You'll find a lot of it in Church.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I understand just fine some people just thinks its A-ok to put things in to our body that in the long term no one knows what the consequences will be.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Privacy. If I want bacon, salt, or bacon-salt flavoured jello shots after a smoke, then I'm going to do it.

Help me to understand: How do these devices threaten your ability to do that?

Freedom. Child prostitution? Really? WTF?

New to the world, I see. It's actually quite rampant in the U.S.

www.cbn.com...

Not to mention the rest of the world.

So, tell me - why are these chips such a threat to your freedom? No one is telling you that you have to have them installed... (even though they will be gone within a week) but if they do - how is that any different from them telling you that you have to get a flu vaccine, or some other medical procedure?

Individuality. Mandates for cell phones are just as bad. Insurance? Sucks. Personal responsibility should take care of that, but doesn't.

So... these chips have nothing to do with it.

It's the attempt by governments and agencies to instate mandatory services and procedures that worries you. These chips, even though they are completely useless as "agents of big-brother" (I actually understand how they work) - simply stick out in your mind as a worst-case scenario that is completely unfounded, given the reality of nanoscale technology.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

18 posts just saw it.....what can we expect

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I understand just fine some people just thinks its A-ok to put things in to our body that in the long term no one knows what the consequences will be.

This is a cop-out.

Do you know what the long-term effects of drinking tea and milk together are?

No.

Will you do it?

If it tastes good. Despite the fact that the milk destroys key nutritional benefits in tea and creates hundreds of new compounds not tested for their effects on the body (but will likely be demonstrated to, in high concentrations, cause irritation and cancer).

Should we do things without regard for the unknown consequences?

No.

However - these things are designed, chemically, to interact in very limited ways (if at all). That is far more than can be said for the myriad of free floating compounds we ingest and inhale into our bodies at any given time.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Cop out ? nope

Don't drink tea or milk so point is moot.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Originally posted by ntech
reply to post by burntheships

Minor problem with the verichip. It causes cancer.

Verichip cancers

Yes, just a minor problem with the cancer.

Also you were warned about this you know.

Revelation 13
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

And the latter part of your post bears repeating also.
Thank you!
edit on 6-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, when you joint the military, you are owned by the US gov until your term is over. If they want to implant you with a micro-chip, that is their right, as you pretty much don't have any other rights other than what uncle sam tells you.

From a battle viewpoint, it would be a very smart move, especially if it has GPS. If you are captured or killed, you could be found and either recovered or freed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join