It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Military Wants To 'Microchip' Troops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I think when Endgadget re-posted it it was just a mistake, they've removed the article www.engadget.com...

I don't doubt that this will become a real weapon but where zorogn and I disagree is that he believes it was a real weapon and the art exhibit was a coverup and hoax.

As for implanting soldiers with nano chips, hasn't DARPA learned anything from Metal Gear Solid 4: Sons of the Patriots?
This is straight out of a video game where every soldier is implanted with nanomachines that are monitored and controlled by an advanced A.I. Eventually someone gets control of the system and this gives them control of every weapon on the battlefield.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ahh yes nothing like bata testing these systems on the troops , man the common soldier is nothing more than piece of biological millitary equiptment . This cuppled with drugging..hell who needs robots . At what point with all these mods will these soldiers become property of the state untill deemed ready to be decommissioned .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

If what the military does in this regard makes the news, then you can rest assured they already did it. The public isn't kept abreast of what the military does AS it does it, it's all after the fact. To believe other wise is just naive.

Unfortunately for your self-esteem; I know otherwise.

It is usually quite rare for the military to -initiate- research into much of anything. Even DARPA spends most of its time browsing through small businesses, patents, and other sources of information to locate ideas to invest in. Half the time - it's people with an idea who appeal to DARPA for funding - sometimes with something to show&tell - sometimes it's an abstract idea on a paper.

What the military will do, however, is take a technology that is far, far too immature to bring to the civilian market (such as the graphene super capacitors made using a light-scribe DVD burner) in mass supply - and devote specialized resources to developing it for limited production runs for use by special operations forces or technology demonstrators. Other times, they will take commercially available technology - such as a common smart phone - and program it to work with specialized embedded systems. Once again - these are very limited in production and usually used by special forces. The civilian market may have the smart phone - but no one has quite gotten around to making a cost-effective application of the variety the special warfare commands went out of their way to develop.

The medical field is no different.

In fact - these nanosensors are nothing new, conceptually. They have been talked about for decades - back when nanobots only existed on paper; and long before this research was even thought of - let alone published.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sounds like a really good idea.
Once they are no longer in the military, I assume they can have it removed..that would be my only contingency, also, unless they are active in the field, no tracking (we don't need to know if some military dude on leave visited some strip bar 3 times, etc..). And ya, someone whom is losing blood pressure fast might not even know he has been shot and is bleeding out due to adreneline, etc..

I see no issues here..well, luddites will always moan about any advancement. we can safely ignore them of course...and its the military..you choose to go in and be a product for uncle sam...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Well, this is no conspiracy theory any longer.

DARPA has announced plans to source nanosensors
to be implanted, that monitor soldiers' health on the battlefield.

These nanochips are so small....the sensors in them are smaller that the width of human hair.

tiny sensors thousands of times smaller than the width of human hair will serve as
an internal “guard” against illness during battle.

www.cfoworld.com.au...

DARPA called the implants "a truly disruptive innovation," highlighting how healthier soldiers
would change the state of modern warfare

www.darpa.mil...

Looks like this is the real deal. The main thrust of this takes off after October 2012,
according to the PDF found at BizOps.

A picture found at PSFK of a nanochip with similar capabilities here:

www.psfk.com...

By the looks of this I would say the writing is now on
the wall. The only questions left are what will
happen to those soldiers who do not allow
nanochips implanted?

And then who is the next target after the soldiers?

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Looks like Hideo Kojima was right all along. Look up Metal Gear Solid, specifically Metal Gear Solid 4. It covers all of this.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
IDK if this is the mark of the beast or not but it's close enough for me...They won't get that chip anywhere near me or my family! People need to be aware that if this is the mark of the beast, in the tribulation you will not be able to buy or sell without it. That being said, if you take it, you are automatically hellbound. Scary stuff!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Geesh...embrace technology already.

What is the problem with microchipping? Obviously, it is inevitable, and will be a part of our future.

All of this "anti-New World order"propaganda has people afraid of technology and advancement.

Yes, I support microchipping
population control
one world government
surveillance

These things will not only aide in our advancement and security as a global society, but they will also guide us into advancing into a Type I civilization

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Perhaps you could show us the link to the guillotines then?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Geesh...embrace technology already.

What is the problem with microchipping? Obviously, it is inevitable, and will be a part of our future.

All of this "anti-New World order"propaganda has people afraid of technology and advancement.

Yes, I support microchipping
population control
one world government
surveillance

These things will not only aide in our advancement and security as a global society, but they will also guide us into advancing into a Type I civilization

You obviously don't know the downsides to micro-chipping. Complete control over body motions, thoughts, brain manipulation is all possible with microchips. You haven't played metal gear have you? Get to it!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
I do find it ironic, however, that someone so avidly against government control over one's life (via microchips - of all fanciful things) would actually be so hypocritical as to imply it a good thing for the government to supply an individual with a living.

While I normally agree and encourage independence from the Bureau Rats, in the case of
Veterans...well the Rats own it let them pay for it.

They take great men and women, use em up and spit em out.
Should be a crime, but its called the war machine aka MIC.

And they damn well need to pay for veterans, and yes, a lifetime of it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

If what the military does in this regard makes the news, then you can rest assured they already did it. The public isn't kept abreast of what the military does AS it does it, it's all after the fact. To believe other wise is just naive.

If what I'm about to link here is in the private sector, and it is, you can bet the military had it's hand in it first.

Yes, agreed. To my knowledge, this is if not the first, one of the first public
write ups on a chip for soldiers that stands to be "run on the mill"..

Also, check out a few tidbits in this thread, yes they have tech and its been used for a long
time. We just find out about 30-50 years later.

And this great wealth of info here:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

I am able to see the big picture, my friend.

I am able to look past the stereotype of negative propaganda that has been spread about a NWO. I fed into it a long time ago, and couldn't see anything past it....

Then I pondered on what is a logical reasoning for creating one.

The goal is to advance humanity forward; its our evolution.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
This is straight out of a video game where every soldier is implanted with nanomachines that are monitored and controlled by an advanced A.I. Eventually someone gets control of the system and this gives them control of every weapon on the battlefield.

I think they probably played that game, actually....and I think they are planning
on that very thing. Only they plan to be in charge of the AI, and use it against the
peasants. Hello....Terminator.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by ukWolf

From your link -

Homelessness is a common state of the military veteran with the Veteran Affairs department estimating that 67,000 veterans are homeless every night.

Sure seems like the money spent to microchip troops could be better spent
does it not?

When you get back into this mickey mouse kiddie pool of american society it seems so unreal on untenable that it's impossible to fit in...

There are reasons we can't adjust well... we see how silly this culture is on many different levels.

I want to SCREAM at the loss of civil liberties that I went into the Army to defend... people are just rolling over without so much as a threat... makes me want to cuss.

They can chip my cold, dead, body - not before.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

You know, the more I think about this, the more I wonder how might
this be used in terms of a soldiers "mental health" and "mental stability"?

And if thats the case, which it really must be as the way this works would not
be limited to just simple body functions....then it really paves the way to a mind
control interface.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I'm glad you're here. While staying on topic, could you give one or two details about why you said what you said about the American culture being "Mickey Mouse' in comparison to the rest of the world?

If for any other reason but to validate my gut feeling that Americans for the most part are naive and sheltered to what is going on in the rest of the world.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

You obviously don't know the downsides to micro-chipping. Complete control over body motions, thoughts, brain manipulation is all possible with microchips. You haven't played metal gear have you? Get to it!

. . .

Are you for real?

I'll pretend you didn't just spout off this technologically illiterate pile of garbage, and give you a chance to redeem yourself.

While I normally agree and encourage independence from the Bureau Rats, in the case of

Let's practice being ideologically consistent, shall we?

So, of course, the answer is to entangle them indefinitely into the massive cluster-# that is bureaucracy.

Being in the military - I have a slightly different perspective.

First, and foremost - the work we do does not entitle us to a living. A smart service member can complete 20 years of service and be ready to pull out a million dollars' worth of investments. People have done it.

The vast majority of the military never sees a combat theater - much less combat.

Take my current pay, for example. My -base- pay is $2100 per month with roughly $200 BAS and $850 BAH (which covers all the bills I have back home, and then some). The per-diem while I will be deployed is $145 -per day-. That will be tax free while I'm deployed. All of it.

So long as I don't go absolutely bonkers with spending - I'll rake in roughly $30K within six months. I'll be up for reenlistment - and might see if they'll let me re-enlist contracted for the nuclear program... which will net about a $100K sign-on bonus and all but guarantee me an active duty status.

And what will my job consist of? Well - while I'm deployed - I'll walk around, look pretty, and discourage the pathologically curious. As a nuke - I would watch gauges and be able to perform maintenance that is written down step-by-step to the degree that untrained personnel could perform the task provided they have basic reading comprehension.

At worst - I'll have to work 12-hour shifts... which is about what the average person's work day looks like in the U.S. by time travel and preparation is taken into consideration.

So... no; coming from a factory environment where we were balls-to-the-wall for a fraction of the price (and requiring much higher functioning workers) - I really don't feel as though the American Tax Payer owes the average military person much of anything beyond what they already have (and usually have little respect for, anyway).

The only exception would be people who have actually served in combat.

Even then - that leads to my second point:

No one deserves the insult of having a living provided for them. Medical benefits; sure. Tax exempt status - why not? I have immense respect for the people who have stood in the line of fire. But I would never insult them by giving them a hand-out.

Just because someone got shot at does not mean they are exempt from responsibilities to their career or business.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I'm not saying that you're right or wrong or that I'm right or wrong. I'm just saying that it would be naive to assume that the military complex of the most powerful nation on earth would tell the public, the WORLD public no less, what it's doing as it's doing it. That logic flies in the face of all the justifications they try to use to put more surveillance on every aspect of our lives. "It's for national security". If they're so pre-emptive about national security, why would they be so transparent with the public and cooperative with public companies about what they're doing and when they're doing it?

That doesn't make sense to me.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

Let's practice being ideologically consistent, shall we?

So, of course, the answer is to entangle them indefinitely into the massive cluster-# that is bureaucracy.

Being in the military - I have a slightly different perspective.

Well your certainly entitled to your opinion.

However this is so much of a subject I really think it deserves a thread of its own..
Watch for a future RANT from bts!

In the mean time, I am of the opinion its not an insult to any soldier that has been
through the "machine".

I have many threads on the subjects of injustice against those who have served.
Many who were DRAFTED! They had no choice....

And those who did...most of them have hearts of Gold!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I'm glad you're here. While staying on topic, could you give one or two details about why you said what you said about the American culture being "Mickey Mouse' in comparison to the rest of the world?

If for any other reason but to validate my gut feeling that Americans for the most part are naive and sheltered to what is going on in the rest of the world.

When you go into the military they drill in you before you even get out of training... this is life and death. Your actions have consequences far beyond just you.

Our society is a selfish, self centered, grab everything you can for yourself without giving a darn about anyone else...

When you are in and walk around in the states you feel like an outsider... both in uniform and out, you realize how much you have changed... once you've seen the s***... it's like coming back to a kiddie pool... no words can describe how alienated you feel from this mickey mouse unreality that is our culture.

It is all lies... illusion. Sheltered from cradle to grave without the harsh realities of the world...

This harsh culture shock on top of all the s*** we've been through, makes it impossible to fit back in. None of it makes sense, its so unreal. Those of us who manage to somewhat fit back in never really feel right which increase the anxiety, and most like me have PTSD so ... i'd feel safer in a war zone than here. Here it's hard to have an outlet to pinpoint our anxiety...

ON top of that (and much more) it is daily rubbed in our nose how the very thing we swore to protect and defend - the Constitution - is being ripped to shreds by political shills for wall street and globalists. The rage is hard to explain... it a fundamental betrayal of what we put our lives on the lines to protect... and many we know paid the ultimate price to protect...

So all the mickey mouse brain washed sheeple are so willing to roll over like fearful dogs and be chiped so they can be better controlled is insult on injury.

I feel like i'm living in an alternate reality world from when I went in... the liberty loving individuals are now just babies loving being coddled by big brother... most of the people I knew as adults when I was a child (who are now dieing of old age) would be screaming with outrage... and only in the rare corners like ATS do you see people even mildly upset.

It really feels like living in disney land... and not in a good way.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join