It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Apprently Some One Doesn't Like My New Girlfriend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So last night I went out for a walk with my new girlfriend.

Somebody threw a rock at me and it hit me square in the back of my shoulder. I heard somebody shouting the n-bomb. I never saw who did it.

My new girlfriend is black. We've been dating for about a week now. Her family doesn't like it, and I've heard she lost a couple of friends because she's going out with me. They think I'm white, even though I keep on telling them I'm a Cherokee Indian. Some of my own friends have cursed me out for this. But they're the kind that just want to say their peace then they'll leave it be.

So I have a pretty good bruise on the back of my shoulder. Nothing is broken.

If I ever find out who did it I will press charges.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My question is, do you live in a small village or town which has such weird and small minded people?

i.e. friends having a go etc. ... .. . .

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

EvilSadamClone,
Shame on them. Shame on their narrow-mindedness about your relationship! The day they fall for someone not of their race they will hurt for what they have done. Do not let anyone get you or your girlfriend down. I have been exactly where you are. Keep your head up and know you are so much of a better person and obviously more intelligent with the ability to look past color as being anything that should deter a relationship. It's actually one of the last things that should be considered in the 'list' of worries about a new girl anyways. What happened to questions like is she a good person? Does she have a good job? Have good family? Not what color is she? Or is he from her friends. Be strong and be bigger than them!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I am so sorry this happened to you. There are many ignorant people, and this social climate isn't helping raise their IQ's.

You sound like you have a good level head on your shoulders. Who you, or your girlfriend dates, is not their business.

I wish all the happiness in the world to you, and her.

Des

edit on 4-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Yes I live in a small town. There really is a whole other town on the other side of the tracks. And I live in Northern California to boot.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The strange thing is, I know how messed up a lot of the people in this World are ... But still when I hear about stuff like this, it really winds me up ...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not only press charges, but you could also get them for a hate crime, given the language used.

Amazing that skin color is still a big issue with some people.

Even more amazing that the very people who decry others for judging on skin color (i.e. no doubt her friends and family), then likewise do the very same thing with their own racism against non-blacks.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I had a black wife and I'm a white male, although we never had anyone physically attack us, Ignorance knows no bounds or color. If you two really like each other, then for now just let them talk, show them that your a good guy and their daughter will be treated good, once you do this they will start to come around, my ex wife grandma was a big time raciest, but once she got to know me all was good, same with my dad.

Love knows no bounds or color,

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Somebody threw a rock at me and it hit me square in the back of my shoulder. I heard somebody shouting the n-bomb. I never saw who did it.

If that person had such strong views upon his hatred towards certain people, then he/she should confront you, not throw and hide!!!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would like to know what what state your living in...Ignorant is a understatement for those kind of people.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

It doesn't matter what his views are. There is only one person in this world who gets to decide who they want to be friends with or who to date.

And that person is me. I will not let anybody tell me who I can date or be friends with, regardless of how close of a friend we may be.

Even if I didn't like the other person my friend is dating, I wouldn't tell them whom they can and can't date. It really isn't all that fair, especially since I am an adult.

Fortunately it's not all that many people who are protesting, just a few.

And I know that none of my friends would ever throw a rock at me like that. If it was a friend of mine, I'd no longer be friends with them.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yeah my storys a little different though.
I married a girl who was Victorian, she didnt tell me she was Victorian till after we were married. Wouldnt have mixed my good West Aussie blood with a Victorian had I have known.
Sneaky these Victorians.

If you love the girl you can wear the bruise with a little pride. A badge of honour.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Love her the best you can.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
how utterly disgusting people can be .. still!!!

i'm a white girl, 10 years ago i was going out with a guy who originated from the west indies.... we had it both ways, he got slagged off for going out with a white girl.. i got slagged off by black girls for going out with him... it's a never ending racist cycle sadly... i could never understand it myself... i'm in the music industry and loads of my close friends hail from around the world... if only we all communicated musically i'm sure we'd all get on better.

sorry you had to go through that, all you can do is be aware that you're the better person, and better man.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Sounds like you need a new group of friends... And maybe some family members need a stern talking too about minding there own business.

Wow and talk about my own prejudice, I was thinking you where in the south, northern Cali ... Damn gotta say didn't expect that one, thought everyonen in northern ca was cool stoner hippies...
edit on 4-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Dude, from another American who is also part Cherokee (albeit only 1/4):

If they treat you like that, they were never your friends. Consider this experience as the litmus test to prove out who are your real friends and who can go pound dirt.

Also, CCW, if your state allows it. May never need it, but you NEVER want to be a victim of a hate crime, or well pretty much any targeting at all.

Some people call me Mexican because I tan really well. Crazy, huh? It is like the more I tan, the more I get disparaged. F-em.

Heed my suggestion on CCW if you can do it. It may end up saving your life, or your g-friend's.

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So last night I went out for a walk with my new girlfriend.

My new girlfriend is black. We've been dating for about a week now. Her family doesn't like it, and I've heard she lost a couple of friends because she's going out with me. They think I'm white, even though I keep on telling them I'm a Cherokee Indian. Some of my own friends have cursed me out for this. But they're the kind that just want to say their peace then they'll leave it be.

So I have a pretty good bruise on the back of my shoulder. Nothing is broken.

If I ever find out who did it I will press charges.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I live in California. They don't let you CCW.

As far as my friends go, their opinions don't really bother me all that much. With all friends, tempers will flare from time to time. Eventually it will wear off and they'll be supporting me. Mostly, they were just really surprised at me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

That's terrible! Some people still live in the dark ages.
Yeah, I would press charges too.

It looks like you will get to be the first one to open some minds up to the fact that skin doesn't mean sh*t other than it gets thicker after experiences like that. Racism blows!

Congrats to you and your new girlfriend!!

top topics

join