It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Japan Really Sinking Into The Pacific As Edgar Cayce Prophesized?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

When I entered the workforce back in the 1980's I worked for hardcore Japanese companies so I consider myself familiar with their culture. C. Itoh Electronics and Epson America were among the earliest companies I worked for. I began to notice over the past few years how few Japanese people are around anymore. I wondered what happened. Was it just San Francisco where I moved to 16 years ago? Why are there so few Japanese people? Somehow I got it into my head the Japanese are going to largely become extinct one day. What a strange belief I thought I had.

Read the full story HERE

edit on 3-5-2012 by Japanman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Japanman

When I entered the workforce back in the 1980's I worked for hardcore Japanese companies so I consider myself familiar with their culture. C. Itoh Electronics and Epson America were among the earliest companies I worked for. I began to notice over the past few years how few Japanese people are around anymore. I wondered what happened. Was it just San Francisco where I moved to 16 years ago? Why are there so few Japanese people? Somehow I got it into my head the Japanese are going to largely become extinct one day. What a strange belief I thought I had.

Read the full story HERE

So....again....no thoughts on this of your own? Please take some time to put your own thoughts into your posts.....it would make it that much more of a discussion.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Japanman

Looks like parts of it are. Liquifaction?

In geology, liquefaction refers to the process by which saturated, unconsolidated sediments are transformed into a substance that acts like a liquid. Earthquakes can cause soil liquefaction where loosely packed, water-logged sediments come loose from the intense shaking of the earthquake.

Wiki

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Some of my Friends are saying it looks like some of the beaches are getting thinner. Like there is less space between the water and the dry land
edit on 3-5-2012 by Japanman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have heard of this happening, interesting thread and subject to keep an eye on. My only questions are how long would it take for the entire country to essentially be underwater? I know this probably hasn't happened on such a large scale before, so the answer may not exist yet. But, are there any other similar cases that may blueprint a timeline of sorts?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That is absolutely wicked!

Street surfing! Coming to a nuclear waist land near you!

They really need to get those people off that island. Just for a few years to asses the situation of everything they are going thru right now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
I have heard of this happening, interesting thread and subject to keep an eye on. My only questions are how long would it take for the entire country to essentially be underwater? I know this probably hasn't happened on such a large scale before, so the answer may not exist yet. But, are there any other similar cases that may blueprint a timeline of sorts?

Well if you could measure the rate of decay you could use it to make a forecast of coming decay.
Kind of like how they forecast storms

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Japan is not sinking... There is just earthquakes...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyanpuck

I take it you are reporting from Japan man.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Lyanpuck

I take it you are reporting from Japan man.

No... And i am a girl

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We know the Eurasian plate runs over the pacific plate on the west side of the ring of fire. ( vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...)

Japan is at the edge of the subduction ( en.wikipedia.org... ) zone.
This location is unstable like most plate overlaps.

Sinking? Probably not.
Peeled apart and crumbling..sure
If the plate cracked on the west side of Japan, then yea, she might go down..or up.

edit on 5-5-2012 by assspeaker because: link

edit on 5-5-2012 by assspeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Wow. The Japanese laughing and walking around during this! Unreal. I guess after Fukushima, this was a minor event.
If that happened in my city, I would be screaming bloody murder!

edit on 5/5/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

I would be freaked out also...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Another video- similar to the first one. Worth posting however, IMO:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This was in 2011.... Is it still fallin apart?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Your link shows land which is 'moving', but it's land that's built on a reclaimed stretch of Tokyo bay. This is showing a thin crust of infrastructure built on rocks and garbage recently dumped in the ocean, so of course it's moving around. It would take YEARS of frack damage on the mainland to weaken the land mass to this extent.

If the cameraman had moved inland the video's premise would have easier to debate.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

All I can say is that I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Japan isn't sinking.

I actually have decided to start spending a great deal of time in Osaka in the coming years that includes making a purchase in regards to where to live when there. Far better investment than American real state over a few decades, honestly some erosion simply reduces available land area but the larger buildings will hold up far better than any in California will in regards to earthquakes, It's cool Osaka temple has been standing for hundreds of years blocks away from where I will live.

Fukushima was built on a site where 1100 years ago stones were erected telling people it was a BAD spot to build stuff.

Frankly, I am encouraged to invest in japan, for all the energy corruption even if they turn back on a small number of plants Japan is going to be among the FIRST to eliminate these crappy time bombs now and they are very innovative

In other places like Iran people are first building these pieces of crap now, In America we have Ticking time bombs in every State plant after plant, on fault lines, operating years and years after they should be shut down.

No, Fukushima was bad, but the Japanese learn, they will be the last place on earth this happens again, likely Nuclear is Done

Earthquakes? Tsunamis? You know what? They are building to survive natural disasters over there while much of the world pays no attention, in a serious set of global changes, i'll bank on the people who are building artificial islands and have practice at it, at the building built specifically to survive Earthquakes

Massive death toll from Quake or Tsunami? The West Coast of America is far more vulnerable, I'd hate to be anywhere near the new Madrid in the Midwest too.

Potential for a truly massive Tsunami? A city sinker? The east coast of the USA is at far more risk from such a thing Japans Tsunami risk by size possibility is less than NY or Miami

Rising waters from Global warming? They have the experience at building out to sea, the technology and ability to implement it is superior.

Future Nuclear catastrophe? We are doomed by compassion Fukushima sucks but most of the Radiation will wash AWAY from japan and now they are trying to be done with it, we have 3 reactors sitting in the middle of the desert in AZ with no way to cool them...we have reactors on the San Andreas, we have no plans to shut any, maybe build more they are almost all too old to be operating

Japan sink? Given my choice to purchase here or there I have picked there

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks like the Chiba area. As I remarked on the YouTube video, the whole area is built on reclaimed land.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
some people says that it is like beaches of thinner level of water.

top topics

join