It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the First Obama Girlfriend.. It only Took 6 Years to meet her!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Nothing earth shattering here. Just an interesting and previously unknown part of his life that just helps paint the broader picture of Obama that has been previously overlooked intentionally.
The girlfriend you read about in his autobiography was not real. It was a composite of several girls. Wonder why none of them ever came forward to claim their past with Obama?? Until now of course in the dusk of his first term..

This reads like a cheap Harlequin romance novel. I wonder who created this story?

It only took nearly six years for the media to begin vetting President Obama’s past.

Today, Vanity Fair released an excerpt from a new biography of Barack Obama by David Maraniss. The excerpt discusses Barack Obama's first love affair, with a white Australian woman named Genevieve Cook. It's a telling examination of who Obama was as a young man -- and it shows a self-absorbed "internationalist" with delusions of grandeur.

The book itself sounds like an ode to Obama. Maraniss writes, “At age 20, Obama was a man of the world … He could not be of one place, rooted and provincial.” No, says Maraniss, this was a broadminded young man who “knew the ways of different cultures better than he knew himself.”

When he first moved to New York, he was in the midst of an affair with Alexandra McNear, a girl from Occidental. They exchanged a series of purple letters with one another – turgid missives from overfevered young minds. Here, for example, is tendentious Obama explaining poetry to his young girlfriend:

Obama was clearly the central character in these letters about nothingNonetheless, Obama was clearly a smart guy. He was also a self-absorbed guy, writing passages like this:

Moments trip gently along over here. Snow caps the bushes in unexpected ways, birds shoot and spin like balls of sound. My feet hum over the dry walks. A storm smoothes [sic] the sky, impounding the city lights, returning to us a dull yellow glow. I run every other day at the small indoor track [at Columbia] which slants slightly upward like a plate; I stretch long and slow, twist and shake, the fatigue, the inertia finding home in different parts of the body. I check the time and growl—aargh!—and tumble onto the wheel. And bodies crowd and give off heat, some people are in front and you can hear the patter or plod of the steps behind. You look down to watch your feet, neat unified steps, and you throw back your arms and run after people, and run from them and with them, and sometimes someone will shadow your pace, step for step, and you can hear the person puffing, a different puff than yours, and on a good day they’ll come up alongside and thank you for a good run, for keeping a good pace, and you nod and keep going on your way, but you’re pretty pleased, and your stride gets lighter, the slumber slipping off behind you, into the wake of the past.

Now for the girlfriends diary!! Where in the hell did that come from??Sunday, January 22, 1984

What a startling person Barack is—so strange to voice intimations of my own perceptions—have them heard, responded to so on the sleeve. A sadness, in a way, that we are both so questioning that original bliss is dissipated—but feels really good not to be faltering behind some façade—to not feel that doubt must be silenced and transmuted into distance.

Thursday, January 26

How is he so old already, at the age of 22? I have to recognize (despite play of wry and mocking smile on lips) that I find his thereness very threatening…. Distance, distance, distance, and wariness.

Saturday, February 25 The sexual warmth is definitely there—but the rest of it has sharp edges and I’m finding it all unsettling and finding myself wanting to withdraw from it all. I have to admit that I am feeling anger at him for some reason, multi-stranded reasons. His warmth can be deceptive. Tho he speaks sweet words and can be open and trusting, there is also that coolness—and I begin to have an inkling of some things about him that could get to me.

This girl had clearly seen too many Woody Allen movies.

Knowing that, we can now compare this info. to the fabrications in his book

Obama wrote about Genevieve in Dreams from My Father, although he didn’t mention her by name. He even inserted incidents into their past that weren’t there, as even he admitted, playing up their racial tensions. Perhaps the most entertaining portion of this excerpt is Genevieve recounting a race she ran with Obama; after she beat him, Obama “continued to feel a bit unsettled by it all weekend … I told him I didn’t feel that good about winning, and he promptly replied probably cos of feelings of guilt about beating a man.” War on women alert!

In the end, what we find out about Obama is what we already suspected: he was deeply narcissistic, pretentious, and in his own mind, an outsider to America. His relationship with Genevieve underscores all of that. Unfortunately, Obama doesn’t seem to have changed since those halcyon days in New York.

www.breitbart.com...

He's still the same guy with the same personality and the same types of relationships. Obama has clearly struggled with his identity in the past and he still struggles with it today. Not good for the leader of the once free world.
edit on 3-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This doesn't seem like anything really important. I mean, I was expecting something to do with communist revolution. I wasn't expecting that in a cynical way either, I truly expected it.
So, you'll understand how much I mean it when I say that I don't see how this has any bearing on anything. So he wrote bland prose and dated an idealistic young woman. Most of us have done that at some point.

(Idealistic young woman)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Pictures or it didn't happen.....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Like I said. Its nothing earth shattering. However, it does illustrate how it took 6 years and several biographies to finally find the "real" girlfriend. Very odd when you consider the army of reporters who descended on Texas to turn over every stone they could find in an effort to dig up dirt on Rick Perry. Back in 2007/2008 the media was to focused on Palin and her purchase of a tanning bed to help through the long Alaskan winters. All things Obama were essentially ignored.

Just an interesting comparison and revelation that paints a larger portrait of our President.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think the most interesting part of that whole thing was not that he was/is a narcissist or disingenuous, but that in some way, he actually frightened that woman and that his coldness worried her, caused her to question her emotional security. I don't think I read too much into that, either. Maybe it is because I am a woman, but that's the part that jumped out to me; the rest was background noise.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Obama: 'New York girlfriend' was composite
www.politico.com...

Sounds to me like the Obama B.S. machine got it's story line mixed up... no surprise.

So, Obama, which is it... A fabrication of many or this one is real?

Hmmmmm.... I will say she is a fabrication....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I bet there are some love letters from obama on some shelf somewhere....

new topics

top topics

join