It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 signs that people are becoming stupider (SIC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm sure that it is no secret that people are becoming, let's call it, "intellectually challenged". Here is a list of 16 signs that people are becoming more stupid.

edit* Yes... the title should read "more stupid", but this is the actual title of the article, and that is the point

#1 According to a poll recently conducted for Reuters, about 10 percent of the entire global population is convinced that we could witness the end of the world in 2012. When we get to 2013, a similar poll will probably find that 10 percent of the entire global population is convinced that the world may not survive until 2014.

#2 A whole host of medical studies have shown a connection between cell phones and cancer. The World Health Organization has even admitted that cell phones can cause cancer. But nearly all of us continue to use cell phones very heavily.

#3 Genetically modified crops have been shown to have some very negative effects on the environment and on human health. But the USDA has approved 80 different genetically engineered crops and has never denied a single one. At this point, approximately 70 percent of all processed foods in the United States contain genes that have been genetically engineered.

#4 The TSA is entrusted with making sure that no terrorists get on board our airplanes. But the TSA has been hiring new employees without even conducting background checks first to make sure that the new employees are not terrorists….

#5 In Los Angeles, it was discovered that four TSA employees were taking huge bribes to allow suitcases full of “coc aine, methamphetamine and marijuana” to pass through airport security. But the federal government thinks the TSA is doing such a good job that their duties have been expanded to include buses and subway stations.

There's the first five, click the link for the rest of it.

16 signs that people are becoming stupider (infowars)
edit on 3-5-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Was 'stupider' supposed to be ironic? People may be becoming more stupid.

I for one think that the internet, a place full of so much false information plus TV and MSM brainwashing are definitely increasing stupidity levels.

Fatter, 'stupider', angrier. the three main developments of the last 20 years. Welcome to Earth.
edit on 3-5-2012 by fiftyfifty because: grammar check...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Was 'stupider' supposed to be ironic? People may be becoming more stupid.

I for one think that the internet, a place full of so much false information plus TV and MSM brainwashing are definitely increasing stupidity levels.

Fatter, 'stupider', angrier. the three main developments of the last 20 years. Welcome to Earth.
edit on 3-5-2012 by fiftyfifty because: grammar check...

I know, but that is the title of the article... I just copied it in context

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I agree, but shouldn't that be more stupider?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
10 out of 5 people said they believe the world is getting more stupid.

One person here last week died while driving through a ford (flooded road) because his sat nav told him to drive down this road.

He must have been too busy looking at the sat nav to see the depth marker post at the side of the road indicating the road was over 6 foot deep with flood water.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Starting with the Title of this post...........

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oh geez, humans have been fearful, superstitious, retarded and more than a little insane all throughout history. Tell me how it was better, in say, the 1800s when woman weren't schooled, education was a massive joke and superstition was the meal of the day?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

it's simple to see that we are getting stupider

We have lost our common sense and ability to comprehend the risk involved in our actions. IQ was associated with our desire to take risks. Risk assessment was avoided. We need to reassess our definition of intelligence to include caution.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oh lord not infowars, that spammy website makes my head spin.

Anyway, addressing some points.

#1 According to a poll recently conducted for Reuters, about 10 percent of the entire global population is convinced that we could witness the end of the world in 2012. When we get to 2013, a similar poll will probably find that 10 percent of the entire global population is convinced that the world may not survive until 2014.

I guess I'm an idiot then because I concede the world could end this year. It end next year. It could end tomorrow. We could hit by a giant space rock and everything would just be over. Tomorrow isn't a given people.

#7 Down in Florida recently, a frightened wife was able to struggle free from her abusive husband who was choking her and fire a single warning shot into the ceiling. So who is the law coming down on? It is the abused wife that is going to be sentenced to 20 years in prison.

I looked into this claim, it would appear there are conflicting reports regarding the woman's actions that night. According to witnesses in the house she started the fight and then drew the gun. There was a restraining order that barred her from entering the house, his two children are also testifying against her.
politic365.com...

I don't have any arguments with the other points.
edit on 3-5-2012 by antonia because: mixed up my homophones

edit on 3-5-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Most of these, if not all, have nothing to do with individual intelligence. The first one is more of an opinion or fear that people have, nothing to do with how smart or stupid you are.
The others with the exception of number 12 and possibly 2 have nothing to do with any one person but the ignorance of our country as a whole.

When I saw the title, I thought it would be a list of things that would tell me, why shows like Jersey Shore and American Idle are getting so many viewers

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I agree, but shouldn't that be more stupider?

Great, are you telling me I misspelled stupider too? Now that I've done it twice am I double more stupider? Kinda reminds me of my neighbor who always says something stupid half of the time.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here's something that made me speechless. I have a roommate (male) 39 yrs old that after work does nothing but sit in front of the tube and watch the Kardashian's, Desperate Housewives, hr after hr of Storage Wars and every other lame brained reality show on the tube. I was cooking the other night and asked him if he could give me a hand. I handed him a can of beans and asked him to heat them up. He looked bewildered and said to me
" I guess I need to open them"
me; "yes"
he pointed to the can opener "do I need to use this"
me: "yes"
"do I need to plug it in"
me: completely speechless
I also asked him if he would cut up some onions
"I don't know how, I've never chopped up an onion before, I always eat fast food"
me: "never mind I'll do it but would you cover the chicken in aluminum foil to keep it warm"
Well.... he did, he laid the foil just like you would in rock, paper,scissors, completely flat on top of the chicken, looked more like a graduation cap.
me:speechless (again)
I gathered my thoughts and told him, "I guess it's nothing another episode of the Kardashian's won't fix"
him: a deer in the headlights blank stare
I really wish this wasn't true or I could say he was just messing with me, sad to say, it really happened and he was being serious. WTH? Americans getting dumber? Nay just business as usual

new topics

top topics

join