It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Shepard Is So Much A Big Fake, Reading His Story Makes Patriotic Americans Crave Antiemetics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Your point has nothing to do with the rather substantive threat my own poses to NASA and the Apollo legacy.

Would you care to comment ?

Do you believe William House cured Alan Shepard of his Meniere's Disease based symptoms, and as such, it was a reasonable decision on Berry's part to declare Shepard fit for flight duty and command Apollo 14 ?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I think we are all clear by now as to what Shepard allegedly had and what surgery was alleged to have been done.

Your point ?

Assuming Shepard did have Meniere's disease and assuming William House fixed his bad ear 100%, was it a reasonable decision for Berry to declare Shepard fit for flight duty aboard an Apollo craft 1 year later. That is the question.

If your answer is yes, many of us will challenge you, for the medical literature of that time and of this time for that matter, did not, and does not, support such a decision, the risk of disease developing in the previously well ear being significant.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by decisively

Yes I am a doc.

Really? Doctor of what?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

medicine

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by decisively

ok, back in my first post i said he was taken off the roster for apollo 13 due to illness, turns out i was wrong on that, been watching too many movies. the official reason is because they were seen as ill-prepared to handle apollo 13, so they were given an extra year to prepare for apollo 14.

im not sure whether or not you 'pass' menieres test or what not, but you need to pass rigorous NASA test. that includes rigorous testing of your coordination. They will not and have not ever handed the controls of an apollo rocket to just an average pilot, keep in mind there would be thousands of military pilots that would have wanted a chance to get in the program, but only a handful will ever get there. if the doctor says he is fit to fly, and NASA tests say he is fit to fly 2 years after his surgery, than im inclined to believe that more than a random skeptical seaman giving out medical examinations 40 years afterwards from looking at biographies.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I think we are all clear by now as to what Shepard allegedly had and what surgery was alleged to have been done.

Your point ?

Assuming Shepard did have Meniere's disease and assuming William House fixed his bad ear 100%, was it a reasonable decision for Berry to declare Shepard fit for flight duty aboard an Apollo craft 1 year later. That is the question.

If your answer is yes, many of us will challenge you, for the medical literature of that time and of this time for that matter, did not, and does not, support such a decision, the risk of disease developing in the previously well ear being significant.

allegedly?

Youre sitting here saying you are a doctor...........etc etc........

I provided PROOF by documentation of what happened and what the effect was........

He was symptom free, THEREFORE not a risk..........

if you are a doctor you should know how that works.........

lol youre sitting here trying , on an online forum with anonymity no less, to tell everyone here youre a doctor and the whole thing is B.S , Trying to refute people who deem who is fit and who is not to go into space......

And you want people to believe you?

Hell even i have provided more proof then you have!

You are a doctor, you should be use to providing documentation , and breaking things down into specific parts in order to come to conclusions......

Yet here you sit.......doing nothing but throwing out wild theories, and making unsubstantiated claims....

refusing to prove even your OWN qualifications........much less any that you are qualified to make such wild accusations with any real substance!
edit on 3-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by choos

choos,

Most of the time, people with Meniere's disease don't feel very ill if at all. They are for the most part asymptomatic most of the time. A good number of people improve over time with no treatment whatsoever and even become symptom free.

The problem is not that Shepard is literally "sick" in some well defined sense, the problem is that having been given this diagnosis, he would not be viewed as your safest bet to fly a spaceship period. As a matter of fact, he would be viewed as a huge potential liability.

He's a marked man having been so labeled. Marked as NOT AN ASTRONAUT.

Write to NASA now. that would be an interesting exercise, see if they accept astronaut applicants with ANY kind of well documented history of genuine Meniere's Disease. The answer will be of course NO.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Try this, find a friend, a buddy of yours that is a doc or nurse. Bring 'em on here and we can go at it about Apollo medical stuff; the Shepard Meniere's Disease issue and the Borman phony diarrhea thing as well.

You'll find it enlightening. Seriously, get someone and have 'em log on.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Irregardless of your opinion, the doctors that had jurisdiction over him deemed him fit for duty. All your nay saying will not change that point. They said yes he could go, and go he did, to the moon and back without a hitch. Besides, this one incident does not negate the entire space program. And, it was during the 1960s. Safety protocols were a bit different back then than what they are today.

Face it, you have nothing but an opinion. It's a moot point.

edit on 5/4/2012 by Gibborium because: spelling

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

do you know what is required of an astronaut?? let alone the commander?? do you know what they need to practice alot??

thats right coordination, now if there is nothing wrong with his coordination, no complaints about discomfort and no signs or symptons of vertigo. will you assume that he is fit to fly??

alot of money was invested in training, and they had preferred to keep the crew together instead of changing individual astronauts. if he was deemed fit to fly, and no signs of his previous problems for 2 years than why would you assume he is not fit to fly?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibborium

Well yes and no,

I would say you might be correct were it not for a "pattern of irrational medicine" practiced by the Apollo medicine boys. Did you know Gibborium that Frank Borman had a very bad case of diarrhea that he said, Frank himself said, he thought was due to taking the medication Seconal in outer space, and guess what ? Those NASA doctors, Charles Berry and the others, well they let him take it again even though everybody knew that whatever it was that made Borman sick with to begin with, caused him to poop all over his space ship. And when you poop in a zero G environment, that means your buddies inhale and ingest your stool. Better hope you ain't got nothing bad, cuz' if you do, and poop that 'round your spaceship, everyone's gonna' be in a world of s_ _t , ya' know....

Here's a little vidi to get you started on the subject of this other medical problem. If you are interested, I'll go on and on with this stuff for hours, but might make you a bit quesy , so best to take it slow at first....

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: spelling

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: comma

edit on 4-5-2012 by decisively because: capital

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I am a doctor and my friend DJ invited me on his boat to ask you as a fellow doctor to explain how you would do a differential diagnosis on a patient who presents with episodes of vertigo, low pitched tinnitus, and hearing loss but who is an astronaut and in the public eye and has an important reputation to maintain and must pass both a physical and mental evaluation in order to fly in a spaceship and are there any other factors like periods of memory loss, irritability, slurred speech, loss of both gross and fine motor co-ordination, for example trembling hands, that might lead a doctor like you to make a diagnosis other than Meniere's and if so what might it be and is it treatable and if the patient who is a famous astronaut made the necessary lifestyle changes and recovered fully would a flight surgeon then be able to certify him fit to fly in a spaceship and use a sextant as he flies to the Moon?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Pauligirl

medicine

Ah, that's right. It's the internet after all.
A place where you can be whatever you want to be.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Try this, find a friend, a buddy of yours that is a doc or nurse. Bring 'em on here and we can go at it about Apollo medical stuff; the Shepard Meniere's Disease issue and the Borman phony diarrhea thing as well.

You'll find it enlightening. Seriously, get someone and have 'em log on.

No, I want to discuss it with YOU.......im challenging YOU...

You dont even seem to hold up to my basic knowledge and the proof that I post........

A real doctor would tear you to shreds.........

Dont try to deflect and run away........Ive already proven your theory horribly inept......with facts and symptom evaluation......

You have nothing left but to tell me to go find someone else to debate with you?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You're a doctor? A medical Doctor? A doctor who needs his sister or girlfriend to correct his grammar and spelling? --------they don't make doctors like they used to.

This is too much. I'm outa here............
edit on 4-5-2012 by mrwiffler because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by mrwiffler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Your exact quote from another thread you started.

Thanks to my friends Charlie and Timmy, and my sis for helping me with punctuation, grammar and spelling for this post and encouraging me to start the thread and be an active participant in proving the Apollo Program fake.

Why is it that all of your threads are about Apollo?

Why don't you attack the evidence that shows Apollo is true? Instead you attack an astronauts ear wax problems.
edit on 4-5-2012 by samkent because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2012 by samkent because: Spelling I don't need a sister to help.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
LOL The disease has a cure, where do you get the idea that it doesn't??

It has a 50% chance of working, if it does you're fine, if it doesn't you lose hearing in that ear. BUT if left untreated you will slowly lose hearing in the affected ear anyway.

My source...my mom has the disease.

Maybe you should look up what the disease is before making false claims about there being no cure.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter
LOL The disease has a cure, where do you get the idea that it doesn't??

It has a 50% chance of working, if it does you're fine, if it doesn't you lose hearing in that ear. BUT if left untreated you will slowly lose hearing in the affected ear anyway.

My source...my mom has the disease.

Maybe you should look up what the disease is before making false claims about there being no cure.

I'll admit that while they don't call them cures, the procedures they have to treat (the surgeries in particular) can have a permanent effect in relieving vertigo. I think the fact that the procedures are not guaranteed to succeed coupled with the fact that they tend to alleviate rather than 100% prevent the symptoms makes it so they can't label it a cure.

Mr Sheppard was told the risks involved with the procedure, he had a 50% of fixing his vertigo for the duration of the flight or risk losing hearing in his ear. He took the chance they scored he flew.

But alas, i retract my attitude, and my insistence that there is a cure. There are treatments though, and they are easy to confuse with cures, probably why they referred to it as a cure.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well, I guess you were never in the military in the 50's or 60's then. Not following orders/protocol was not an option.

And, as far as your video, the assumption that the Apollo missions are a lie simply because someone doesn't believe what was written in an article, pure hog wash. I laugh in your general direction.

edit on 5/4/2012 by Gibborium because: for fun

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Well N3k9Ni,

I have your answer and it ain't pretty.......

As regards Apollo's Annals of Fraudulence, you N3k9Ni are directly participating in an historic event. Can you spell S C A M ? This is flat out unbelievable.......

First to answer your question. House does write in his book that he achieved a "surgical cure" as regards Alan's Shepard's Meniere's disease. But before official story enthusiasts get too excited, let me say, the news from here gets VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD BAD BAD BAD.

I'll be brief. In the book, House claims not only did he cure Shepard of his vertigo, but he cured his Meniere's Disease associated hearing problem too. According to House, Meniere's Disease had left Alan Shepard with a 40dB hearing loss. After the surgery, his hearing returned to normal, and as a matter of fact, Berry invited House to speak with Shepard from cislunar space 230,000 away, and Shepard made a point to let House know he was listening to him by way of his Meniere's ear.

For official story apologists, the news could not be any worse as regards William House's own writing on the subject of this affair. Then(1960s), as now(2012), shunt surgery of the type performed on Alan Shepard by William House was was not and is not and cannot be associated in any sense with the effecting of a hearing loss cure. This simply does not occur and is clear evidence of lying and Apollo fraudulence.

I feel bad for House. I do not believe him to be a fraud insider, though despite the great man's prodigious talents in the OR, he must be one of the most gullible people on the planet. That said, perhaps I would forget my head were big shots like Alan Shepard sucking up to me. It is rather disgusting though, I think, to say the least.

We in the medical community know you cannot restore someone's hearing function with a shunt procedure, and so the story about Alan Shepard and Charles Berry and William House may be officially once and for all pronounced as full on, full fledged BOGUS!!!!

In a very real sense, this is indeed sensational news, this discovery. Though it will undoubtedly languish for some time here in the electronic realm of forums like this, treading water more or less. But make no mistake, it is beyond devastating as regards its impact/significance on the Apollo official story.

What happened ? I presume Shepard had the surgery and after it was over, Berry and the other flight surgeons told House that as time went on , they discovered Shepard's hearing returned to 100% and his vertigo went away completely. Of course this cannot be real in any way. The surgery could not fix Shepard's hearing so we know for sure Alan Shepard and Charles Berry lied about this AND ! that Alan Shepard never went to the moon.

This, an elegant and vacuum sealed proof of the Apollo fraud.

There is one alternative that I believe unlikely and would rather not consider in any sense, but nevertheless should mention, and that is that House was actively complicitous in all of this. Not that he knew Apollo was fraudulent, but Berry/Shepard may have gone to House and said, "We really want Alan to fly. He has this diagnosis. Just back us up on this Bill. If anyone asks you about it, do us a favor and say Alan's cured. He is our best pilot, we need you to say all is OK so we can actually use him. You know the risk of an attack is going to be minimal Bill. blah blah blah".

This my friends is an amazing discovery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join