It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you going to Wipe you butt with??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It surprises me how many people are naieve enough to think that if if the SHTF they would do something like use a BIDET if the paper ran out, or have a shower if water was running out, or eat food they don't like as much as their usual diet. They are the same people that would waste a day moaning that they are hungry and fancy steak, when all they have are a handfull of fresh hens eggs, in this situation, you would do what you had to to survive, or perish.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

there are, unfortunately many people out there that are clueless to what it really means to be without the current society necessities.
people that have never really been camping or hiking for days, simply do not really understand the term, when the $hit hits the fan.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Corn husks work just fine.
and you have tried this???

Nope, but if grandma says it worked, it worked!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Corn husks work just fine.
and you have tried this???

Nope, but if grandma says it worked, it worked!
I tend to believe in the old ways also,
simply cause they were already proven to be effective..
I honestly would believe a "softened" corn husk would do the trick,, just seems like allot of work
to make it soft.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ted nugents head

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

nothing,
just gonna spread my cheeks really really wide and pray everything comes out OK!!

edit on 7-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

nothing,
just gonna spread my cheeks really really and pray everything comes out OK!!
its a s h t f scenario a lil poo fliggin cant hurt put a lil s on the fan ol natruaaal

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

NO SHittingTF please!!!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm going to use the clothes of the dead laying on the ground all around me.
2nd line.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

leaves, old clothes, maybe some feminine wipes...lol whatever is available. a cat ...

Seriously I don't think sweating and moving around and going underground you will think about how you smell?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
From an unbiased look, in the SHTF situation do NOT want to stand out by smells.
Good or bad, they will give your location away.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I'll use my cat.

He's soft and he always cleans himself when dirty.

Purrrfect!
that is funny..

That was soo funny. Thanks for the good laugh. Hey, what about small rags. You can wash them in water and let them dry and use them all over again.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I have GOT to get a cat, maybe two or three! Keep the rats away from my food stores and clean my a$$....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Well, what else you gotta do while sittin' on the loo?
Rub those cobs till soft and wipe your poo!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What about using some KY and a funnel?, might not even need paper anymore.

(BRB, I'm looking up patent lawyers for my 'Survival Bunnel'
)

Edit:
Oh my god, you want some laughs?
Various Bunnels
edit on 17-5-2012 by twitchy because: Had To Say It

Edit:
I don't think I would want the clear one.

edit on 17-5-2012 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

Edit:
I'm just going to stop now...

edit on 17-5-2012 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

jeez usomebirches never heard ova corncobb we been using the har in da south forever
sorry just some southern humor from great state of nc . my suggestion is find out which leaves local natives used or stock up on tp

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My wife fails to understand that having a supply of toilet paper is necessary to survival. She never wants to buy enough to stock up even enough for two weeks. So my choice when we run out is to use her clothes just for spite.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
water.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Right now I have about 400 rolls stockpiled. However, when I was a kid, my great great aunt and uncle kept me a lot, and they had an outhouse, and we used dried corn cobs, which work amazingly well - really better than tp because they have a built in handle you can reach with.

And I just planted a bunch of corn. My dad says when he was a kid, they used a sears catalog when they ran out of dried corn cobs. lol I guess that is why the old ones can bring a good bit, there aren't many left intact and nice.

ETA My stockpile is not for 'the end of the world' as much as it was I found a couple of good coupon deals where I was getting big megapacks for nearly nothing. My stockpile lets me live on the 15k a year we are living on.
edit on 21-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

At a place I used to work maintenance at there was a CNC operator who was in the gulf war said the locals would run behind the dunes with nothing but a bottle of water ... "Guess they used sand and water to wipe", he said. Thinking about it now I have no idea how we got on the subject but after reading this thread I figured that would be the most basic, simple way. But I had to google it since you brought it up ...

HOW TO CLEAN YOURSELF AFTER DEFECATING, THE ISLAMIC WAY
Apostle of God used to clean himself after defecation using only odd number of stones. That is the sunna (examples set by Muhammad). Muslims living in U.S. can go to Home Depot and buy a bag of gravel for this purpose (the used gravel can be good landscaping material).
Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 163:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, " whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do so with odd numbers. And whoever wakes up from his sleep should wash his hands before putting them in the water for ablution, because nobody knows where his hands were during sleep."
NEVER USE BONES OR ANIMAL DUNG AFTER DEFECATING
Jinns love to eat bones and dried animal dung. They don’t appreciate the contamination of their favourite delicacy with fecal matter and can pounce on the next guy they find sitting and defecating.
Source

Maybe they had some rocks stashed somewhere too, I dunno ...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join