It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Kills Newborn. Father Charged. Should he be charged?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

anyone who chooses to breed and own weapons should be responsible when they accidentally go off.

it might stop these idiots getting stupid dogs in the first place.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by MastaShake
leaving any child under like 10 outside while you go take a nap is a pretty stupid idea. hes gonna have plenty of time to nap on his choices in prison though.

under 10? seriously? There is a such thing as overprotective too you know.

i live in brooklyn bro, if you wanna let your 10 year old daughter walk around by herself be my guest. i however wont.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

If I have a dog in a fence and the dog gets out and kills someone, I should be responsible? Are you joking?

No joke. You are responsible. If you are so inept as to not be able to contain your dog, that just shows more irresponsibility. It's called "negligence." People are responsible for their pets' actions. What don't you get about that? This is a legal concept. I don't really care if you don't think you are responsible; you are anyway. I really hope you never have to find out. Perhaps this story will motivate you to take the proper action in regards to your own pets. For people who don't get it, this is your wake up call. Pay attention--and carry lots of insurance.

Yeah, I understand that that's how it is, but I don't understand how its fair and just. People should not be responsible for "pet's" actions. "Pet's" should be responsible for their own actions.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Not only should he be thrown in jail, but in general population where the opinion of his fellow inmates can be expressed on a daily basis. His reproductive rights need to be cut, literally. A person who can nap through a baby crying in the first place must be deaf, insane, drunk, or stoned out of his ever loving mind. This hellish event may have been an accident, but entirely preventable. He might as well have tied the kid to a stake outside for the ants to eat! Is this person mentally handicapped? How many generations of inbreeding did it take to develop such a stunning work of freaking nature? I know I shouldn't be so angry, but to see an innocent pay the price for such morbid stupidity is beyond me, and then having the nerve to ask if he deserves 10 years in prison???? Oh bother. No, I wouldn't want my tax dollars feeding, clothing, and entertaining this drooling chunk of fecal matter for ten years. Just give him a razor blade and let him do himself in, if he is capable of following those very simple instructions.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

leaving any child under like 10 outside while you go take a nap is a pretty stupid idea. hes gonna have plenty of time to nap on his choices in prison though.

under 10? seriously? There is a such thing as overprotective too you know.

i live in brooklyn bro, if you wanna let your 10 year old daughter walk around by herself be my guest. i however wont.

you have a point there. I wasn't thinking about big cities. I live in suburban South Carolina.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

If I have a dog in a fence and the dog gets out and kills someone, I should be responsible? Are you joking?

The dog owner IS responsible in the type of case you said (getting out of the fence.)

Yeah I know the dog owner IS responsible, but SHOULD they be? I think absolutely not.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yeah, I understand that that's how it is, but I don't understand how its fair and just. People should not be responsible for "pet's" actions. "Pet's" should be responsible for their own actions.

The stupidity of this post baffles me. i honestly dont know how to respond. If any pet owner is stupid enough to let his animal hurt someone then HE is responsible for not taking the proper precautions. its not the animals fault for being an animal. somtimes they react in strange ways and snap at people for no reason.
If this guy left his child unattended with a mixed lab. these breeds of dogs are VERY aggressive. they dont really want to hurt anyone but they can weigh 60-`100 lbs and they are very hyper. the child was probably on the swing while the dog walked by. kid grabbed his tail and the dog not being used to a child snapped at it.
edit on 2-5-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The dog owner IS responsible in the type of case you said (getting out of the fence.)

Yeah I know the dog owner IS responsible, but SHOULD they be? I think absolutely not.

Simple logic here - "OWN" - that's the whole "legal" clincher in one word for you.

See also - "Responsible Pet Ownership"

Edit: You do realize the father or family did not OWN the dog in the OP story right? They were dog-sitting.
edit on 2/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how you not hear it ? somethings up. the sleeping story is either a lie or he was high

hey, I know parents are awfully tired during those times, but their hearing is also very tuned in for baby noises

the baby being killed is pretty much the definition of neglect

Your unbelievable. Seriously.

You are just going to assume that the father was high on drugs or is a liar with absolutely no evidence to back it up. How irresponsible of you. I truly hope in your day to day life you are not the type of person who has any control or power over the lives of others.

Once upon a time I lived in an apartment building. Across the hall from my front door was the laundry room. At some point in the early morning hours, someone broke into the washing machines, stole all the money out of them, then set fire to the laundry room.

I was sleeping. I did not hear the machines being broken into. I did not hear the fireman kicking in people's doors to get them out. I slept through the sound of the sirens from the firetrucks. They could not get to my front door due to the fire. Eventually the fireman broke a window to my bedroom to wake me up. I even slept through the breaking window. I did wake up, thanks to a fireman at my bedside shaking me and telling me I had to get out through the window.

Guess what? Sometimes people are tired and fall into a deep heavy sleep. It happens. So to assume the man is on drugs or lying is not only stupid, short sighted and careless. In this case, it is disgusting. There is nothing worse than losing a child, this father will suffer and live with this for the rest of his life and it will be much worse for him because it was something that could have easily been avoided.

link   
Hmmm well firstly what do they mean by a swing? Like outside? I'm assuming not...

Any way, this is a real tough one! I am a father of 3 and I have a dog. I trust my dog with the kids but not to the extent that I would leave them to it and go off to sleep! Couldn't he have just taken the baby with him? I know this is a pointless question in a way as he didn't and he can't take it back, but it does seem very very careless! I do think it borders on neglect to be honest. But then I would need to know where this "swing" was in relation to the father.

One thing I can say is being a parent is a tough job sometimes. It's easy for us to sit here and judge as we are not in the chaps shoes. He could of been a single parent that was sleep deprived and not thinking straight. Perhaps he left the room to fetch something sat down and boom, out like a light... I don't know all the facts so it's real hard to say...

What a tragedy though, if I was the father I think it would be game over for me anyway. I couldn't live with that burden!

link   

The stupidity of this post baffles me. i honestly dont know how to respond.

If my dog gets out of the cage and kills someone, you shouldn't put me in jail. Kill my dog, he's the only one who commited a "crime". Yeah yeah, I know. Technically I committed the crime, but what did I really do? Its not like I let the dog out of the cage, the dog got out on its own, probably in an unpredictable way. Its just not fair is all I'm saying.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If you have a child that is the ultimate responsibility without a doubt.
I don't care if your dog sitting or cat sitting for anyone, your offspring is number one concern.
I don't care if it is your own dog or cat.
I don't care how tired you are either.
That baby is number 1 in your priority list and it stays at the top.

thestir.cafemom.com...
www.ctv.ca...
www.lawyerfordogbite.com...
www.dogscouts.org...

And so on and so on, there is no excuse here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I really don't understand all these vindictive people who would jail this guy.
It is his loss. Why would you punish him further? What exactly does this do for you? Do you think it will make him a better person?
There are many "crimes" for which jail just is Not the answer.
Isn't the reason people are put in jail is because they are a danger to the community?

Education in regards to babies and children with dogs is severly lacking.

The best dog in the world could seriously injure a small child just in an act of play.
And it isn't just big dogs that you have to be careful with. Here is a story about a Pomeranian that killed a baby.
amarillo.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Simple logic here - "OWN" - that's the whole "legal" clincher in one word for you.

See also - "Responsible Pet Ownership"

Edit: You do realize the father or family did not OWN the dog in the OP story right? They were dog-sitting.

Ownership is a superficial, meaningless idea that shouldn't have any legal implications. Who cares who owns the dog? Why should that matter? A dog is going to be a dog regardless of who the self-proclaimed "owner" is.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

If my dog gets out of the cage and kills someone, you shouldn't put me in jail. Kill my dog, he's the only one who commited a "crime". Yeah yeah, I know. Technically I committed the crime, but what did I really do? Its not like I let the dog out of the cage, the dog got out on its own, probably in an unpredictable way. Its just not fair is all I'm saying.

Please, please tell me that you do not own any pets...of any kind.

Seriously.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The stupidity of this post baffles me. i honestly dont know how to respond.

If the dog gets out of its cage and kills someone then its YOUR fault for not securing the dog properly. the dog will probably be killed but you will also be thrown in jail for neglect. And dogs do not have thumbs, if you had a proper cage meant for your dog it would NOT get out. The only person it wouldnt be fair for is the one that got mauled because of your neglect

its common sense, if you have a dangerous dog in your care then you need to keep tabs on it and accept responsibility for what it does.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

For the OP's almost identical story - if I were judge he'd get a mandatory 2 year child rearing class (local college - early childhood education) at his own expense and maybe some community service.

See now that's good. Why can't our current justice system be this fair and reasonable?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ownership is a superficial

Ownership is slavery, control, possession, LIABILITY and responsibility.

In the OP story - ownership isn't even the issue! They didn't even mention the dog's owner.

The Father was the responsible party for the baby at the time of the accident.

Yes, 10 years behind bars is an unreasonable amount of time for the Father's negligence.

So, get back on topic - it's about the Father - not who owns the dog. The dog's owner is probably in the clear in this case because the FATHER of the baby was dog-sitting.

Did you even peek at the video link in my 1st post? The story is from 4 years ago and is so much alike.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So a drunk driver shouldn't be put in jail for accidentally running over a child and the family?

I say give him a minimal sentence of one year.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Because animals are animals. If you decide to take on the responsibility of a dog, you decide to take on the consequences that come with that decision. Same with an underage kid, you are responsible for damages done by your kid.

It's amazing that you think you can have a dog and not be responsible for it. You must think you can shoot to kill random innocents and get away with it. It was the bullets fault after all

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join