It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Acting A Little Strange In My Area

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I live in a relatively quiet and uneventful small Illinois town.
In the past several days I have noticed a handful of birds acting out of the ordinary.
Like they're confused, or stunned, or something similar.

The first time was a Robin standing in the middle of one of our busy streets. She just stood there as cars passed her in both directions. And it was as though she didn't even notice them. I pulled off the road, and watched her for a few minutes thinking she had flown into a car earlier, and was just stunned. She finally ran clumsily off to the side of the road.

Then later the same day, I saw a Starling do something very similar. Thinking the same thing I thought earlier with the Robin, I wondered what the chances were I'd see two similar incidences in one day.

Since then, I've seen a few more odd circumstances with the local birds acting this way. Anyone else noticing this behavior in their own area?
edit on 5/2/2012 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Guess no one thinks this is odd.
I dont.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I wouldn't consider one or two incidents odd either. It's not the first time I've ever seen a bird act this way. But when I see several over a period of just days, that strikes me as an oddity.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Our place is a stop-over for migrating birds. Right now we have about 5 different varieties screeching it up in our evergreen trees.

They do seem a bit dumber than usual. Our cats are catching 3 - 4 birds a day, an unheard of number, because the cats aren't really going into the trees to get them, they're catching them in the grass. They're not tiny babies, either, they are full-sized birds, and it makes me sad because some of them have beautiful coloring.

Last year, the birds were too quick for my kitties when on the ground. The grass has been mowed, so I'm having a hard time understanding how my cats are catching so many. It's almost as if the birds are sitting on the ground going "DUH" while the cat sneaks up on them.

So it doesn't surprise me that somebody else in another part of the country is reporting that the birds are a bit slow mentally. It's as if their senses aren't working correctly.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Its mating season for most birds. That makes for odd behavour. The term bird brain means stupid for a reason. We have mourning doves that live in our yard. You can walk almost right up to them before they fly away. They are slow and stupid.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

i been finding dead birds all over the place dont know why. any ideas?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

It's almost as if the birds are sitting on the ground going "DUH" while the cat sneaks up on them.

That's a good way of saying it. And that's how they are acting.

edit on 5/2/2012 by Klassified because: Redaction

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Its mating season for most birds. That makes for odd behavour. The term bird brain means stupid for a reason. We have mourning doves that live in our yard. You can walk almost right up to them before they fly away. They are slow and stupid.

I understand what you're saying, and I like your logic. But being that I'm in my 50's, and I've seen many a season come and go. I wouldn't even bother posting this if everything was same old, same old. I'm glad you posted this though, because the most obvious explanation needs to be taken into consideration.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

Where are you located? Maybe someone in your state or area can chime in.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

missouri grundy county. north west portian. town of about 6500 people

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
[more
I think it could be something...or nothing....but, could you get some video if you see it again? If its just a couple birds then maybe their not warning of an EQ....

Bird flu?

Aren't we suppose to have a super moon this week? Don't EQ's happen more because of the Pull?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

how many how often

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
[more
I think it could be something...or nothing....but, could you get some video if you see it again? If its just a couple birds then maybe their not warning of an EQ....

Bird flu?

Aren't we suppose to have a super moon this week? Don't EQ's happen more because of the Pull?

I don't have a video camera, except in my cell, but I do carry a camera with me frequently. So that's an idea.
I don't know enough about super moons to make the call on that. But interesting thoughts to be sure. Thanks.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
ive been seeing a lot of dead birds resently

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

FissionSurplus's cats been visiting your yard!

Sorry, I could not resist after reading about them kittehs nabbing 4-5 birds a day. Get those kitties some Friskies and feed their senses before they eat the Audobon Society's entire field guide!

I do wonder about the strange behavior of birds not just now but going back to last year when they disappeared entirely for weeks at a time from several regions. We have weird sky sounds going on now, rumblings, tremors. It's all so weird. Are these things related or not?

I'm very happy to see birds doing their normal spring thing where I live. They disappeared awhile last year and didn't do their normal migratory snack stop at my trees for berries. It's always unsettling when our touchstones with nature act off.
edit on 2-5-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Left a sentence out

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Perhaps the birds clocks are off kilter due to the early spring weather.
I am sure the plants clocks are out of whack.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The rapidly changing magnetic fields of the planet are the likely culprit. Do a google search for "Geodynamo and Scientific American." Several years ago they had an excellent article that explains the increasingly fluctuating magnetic fields of the earth. SA is not some random conspiracy rag. It's a highly respected journal. I was impressed with the article and it explains a lot of what we are seeing today. Although It wasn't in the article, I remember reading somewhere that birds have a part of their brains that has an element related to magnetism which is what enables them to migrate so precisely, with the fluctuating fields, it is likely their ability to navigate is being increasingly compromised. Check out the SA article, it's well worth reading for anyone interested in our world.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I've been noticing this in Pennsylvania for the past 3 months, consistantly at least once per day. The birds either just walk around instead of flying, or start flying across roads 1 foot away from the cars windshield on a regular basis. Like the metal from the car interrupts whatever magnetic anomoly is occuring so they can actually fly.

The birds just walking around is what gets me the most... I can walk right up to them and pick them up at this point with little to no effort (or struggle). That worries me quite a bit.

In other strange animal behavior: randomly a family of 3 hares showed up in my Mother-In-Law's back 'yard'. Now this isn't too strange except she lives in the middle of the city, her back yard is maybe 1/10th an acre at best, and these hares don't run away, look scared, or do anything but hang out.

They let you come up and pet them, hold them, feed them, as if they were domesticated but I don't think they are. Because I've seen these in other areas of the city now... random 'wild' animals just kind of hanging out in Urban areas like they're expecting it to be theirs again soon

I'm not saying 2012 is doomsday... but I do have a real strong feeling something is going to change dramatically with the world soon and that the animals know it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yes, the Robins have been a little odd.

For about the past week, everytime I walk out on to the deck and there's a robin within 20ft, it will run towards me and stop like 10ft. away and just stare at me. It won't move or nothing till I walk away. They've never done that before.

And no, their not guarding their nest. They don't nest in the backyard. They nest in the pines in the frontyard.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Again i have made a thread about a bird here in my singing way to early and its 4:48 am and the bird started singing again crazy.

Other birds start singing at the peak of dawn light, but this one is a little crazy our superintendent joked about it and said do we live in the forest?

And if anyone asks No this bird wasn't singing last year, last year was pretty calm and peacefully.

But this is getting ridicules this bird not only sings early but it signs until 9:00 Pm in the afternoon

whats going with the birds? are they seeing something we dont?
edit on 20-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join