It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Acting A Little Strange In My Area

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Has anyone else noticed that low flying birds seem to be on the increase? I usually leave for work around 6:30-700am & have noticed lately, past few months, that there seems to be alot of birds that just barely miss hitting my vehicle. They are flying at my windshied height or lower [jeep] & I barely miss hitting them as they veer off. I don't remember this happening or possibly just on a rare occasion. Now it seems that I almost hit several everyday. Luckily I have not had the misfortune of hitting one. This seems more prevelent as the sun is rising but has also happened at other times during the day. Do you suppose that the electromagnetic field variation could have something to do with this? Anyone else encountering this?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

i been finding dead birds all over the place dont know why. any ideas?

I too have been finding dead birds all over the place.....way more than normal, over the last two months. I wonder if something strange is going on? Although I am not in an area of the country I am normally in, it just seems like way more dead birds than normal.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You know, here in my area, and I've noticed it for the last couple of years... Bird's singing at 12:30 or 1:00 in the morning. I find it rather odd. I don't ever remember hearing birds singing until just before the crack of dawn until relatively recently.
edit on 21-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Its mating season for most birds. That makes for odd behavour. The term bird brain means stupid for a reason. We have mourning doves that live in our yard. You can walk almost right up to them before they fly away. They are slow and stupid.

Actually they aren't that stupid..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I owned a quaker parrot for 17 years and I enjoy wild birds.
On May 7 a bright, yellow male finch came to my glass front door. I watched it come to the glass and hover looking in. I figured he saw his reflection and was watching himself. After about 10 minutes of him hovering, looking in, I decided to go stick my face to the window and see what it would do. Well of course I figured it would fly away in fright, but to my amazement it kept hovering looking at me through the window. So I decided to stick my arm out and see what he would do. Well, again to my amazement, it fluttered around my arm then landed on my finger. I was shocked, he stayed there about 30 sec then my dog got jealious and tried to push the door open, then he flew away. He came back later in the day but just stayed about a minute. He and about 15 more are in my backyard making their nest but he nor any others have been back to my front porch.

Other than that , I havent seen any strange bird happenings.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Texcin because: cant spale

edit on 21-5-2012 by Texcin because: hummm

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I love birds and put feeders out every year. By this time most years, I need at least two or three hummingbird feeders. I have only had one or two show up this year :-(
edit on 21-5-2012 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idahomie
The rapidly changing magnetic fields of the planet are the likely culprit...

I have birds (pigeons) that I fly on a near daily basis. I watch the K-Index of the geomagnetics closely.

Today it hit 4 a couple of times. I have always been concerned about the effect on homing but the level up to 4 doesn't seem to have a major effect. Recently birds were homeward bound at K-I 4 with an R1 radio storm and did OK.

There have been days when they did not do as well as normal but I can't say it was the magnetics for sure.

But they are dependent (or so it is believed) so it is bound to have some effect. Timing might be an issue.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I too have seen something have never seen or even heard of. I have seen this twice now in my back yard. This blackbird had something its mouth and landed about 5 feet from a squirrel. The squirrel had something its mouth as well. The bird laid down what it had the so did the squirrel. The bird then picked up what the squirrel had laid down and the squirrel picked up what the bird had laid down. Then they both went on about their way. They traded something. Food I guess as I was too far away to see just what it was but what else could it be? I have never seen or heard of animals trading food.

Now last summer I see ants at the shop acting odd. They were collecting things they could not eat. Bits of wood, bits of rubber and I even seen a few collecting bits of copper wire.

At this point I do not know what to think.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I had a wren land on me the other day. She landed on my neck and walked up my head and then plopped down on my shoulder.

At first I thought it was a rat. Why I thought a rat fell on me out of the sky, I don't know. Luckily I was so scared of the thought of a rat landing on me that I froze until I figured out it was a bird.

I haven't noticed anything strange other than that though. Animals do generally like me a bit better than most people though.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Well, I've seen ants carry odd things, but that's crazy. The bird and squirrel interaction is really odd.
edit on 21-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A month or two ago there was a female cardinal that kept crashing into the windows. She would hit the window every few minutes then go take a 15 minute break, then crash into the window again. This lasted for about 3-4 weeks until something unfortunate happened to her.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Yes .I've noticed odd things with the birds. Making noise in the wee hours of the morning,nesting so low the cats can get their nestlings without even trying. One built a nest in the lowest rafter of our porch. The cats were not kind. It is mating season so some squabbling is to be expected but these guys are constantly at each other besides being unusually docile otherwise. Lazy.

I can sit on my porch and have 3 or 4 of them within petting distance if I wanted to pet one. It is just off.

My dog is a bit of a basket case too. 2 am freakouts on the regular this month.My cats just keep a constant eye on the skies when they are outside or not bugging the birds. Spring makes animals giddy so maybe that's just it.

Thanks for sharing your observations!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm a birdwatcher so I kind of notice all things birds. Around my house, only once in a blue moon will a bird sing at night and then it's typically for a short time and typically in the very early morning, say four or five o'clock.

For the last week several different birds have been singing all night long.

And a few days ago two birds - chick-a-dees - flew into the window within about an hour of each other and, to my knowledge, that has never happened before in this house. At least we have never found any dead birds indicating it.

reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

Cardinals and a few other birds will do that. They go crazy over their reflections. It's nuts. And sad to watch because they can injure themselves.

Also, low -flying birds are not uncommon when June bugs and other sorts start emerging from the ground.
edit on 21/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The funniest thing I have seen went on for 3 years but stopped last year. (Bird died?)

It was a wood pecker. He kept pecking my dad's side mirrors out on his truck. Dad filed probably 12 claims during that time with state farm. I'm surprised they did not take a contract out on that bird.

I think my mom got reincarnated as a wood pecker.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I am in a similar case as you are, and where i live here in Toronto i have been hearing Ravens? and black crows?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
West Nile had wiped a lot of the black birds out, but they are coming back. Maybe we got used to them being down in number, dunno.

Here we have eagles and hawks coming back, since they quit some pesticide that was killing them, forget what it was, ddt? Anyway, the crows don't care for the predator birds at all, and they meet up every morning to roll call their families. We had a great horned owl here that got one of my chickens, and was trying for the others.

I think it got a crow too, because one day those crows got up early and were going after that ol owl with a vengeance. They ran him off good.

I always put out corn for the crows- they really help keep the chickens safe. I've seen them run owls, hawks and eagles off now.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I like birds too and have a bunch of feeders with different feed to attract certain birds.
Im in Southern Il and I too have noticed a few things.. like you, the singing at night. Weird to say the least. Ive noticed that I have a LOT more robin eggs on the GROUND this year. Not from Storms.. I swear it looks like they are laid on the ground!
I have had NO humming birds this year whatsoever which is unusual. NO butterflies of any kind so far. We have a lot of Cardinals, which is unusual for us and about a million wrens? I think theyre wrens or somthing about the size of a finch all over the place. My crows are gone. 6 years I had resident crows, theyre GONE this year.
I heard the resident owl up until early last month.. and now I never hear him. Again, 6 years of hearing him hoot and now silence. I truly hope this is just temporary due to it being unusually hot early in the season or something similar.

One more thing.. we are seeing a lot of sick deer along the road. ALlive but ill and sitting there again this year. We had the same last year.. and I HOPE I dont notice an increase.

Not to be a doomtard, but Im older and things are different. Ive been around quite a few springs and summers.. never noticed these weird things before.. or maybe my attention wasnt called to it. However, in just the 6 yrs we have been at this place we are now, this year is even more strange than last year, which was out of the ordinary as well due to losing ever bat we had established here in our bat houses. Bugs and mosquitoes galore already!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Lake of the Ozarks, Mo,,, Middle of the state.. the cow bird I caught walking in my yard,, I put in a cage to make sure he was ok.. Looked OK except for me catching him.. WAS DEAD IN THE AM,, no signs of why...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've not seen any butterflies either but I think it is still a bit early for them.
We have a mocking bird that sings at night. 2-3 am is his prime time.
What's funny though is he has a repertoire that is quite urban- he does sirens, car alarms, house alarms, ect.

He flits around the perimeter of my property by the road. I hope he finds a mate, he sure does try.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's mating season, birds are building nests and laying eggs. Robin birds are very territorial. I had a robin bird visit my house year after year smashing himself in my windows, and cars. It was getting so annoying, he would start at dust till dawn non-stop. He was bugging my dogs till they had enough, so they finally put him out of his poor little misery. Please no bird sentimental activist responses, he was really psycho. A new robin bird took over his territory and he is doing just fine. We love birds here just not the last one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join