It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People Tell You "You Look SO Familiar!"..... A Lot??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here's the site I was checking out....of course it's all in fun
www.findmydoppelganger.com...

It said my match was

#1 Leanne Wilson ( not sure who she is)
#2 Jackie Collins
# Christie Turlington

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes, I get that all the time.

A close friend of mine put his arm around a complete stranger who he thought was me, which really "weirded them out".

I also knew a guy who looked a lot like me and his girlfriend several times made it plain that if I wasn't already taken, she'd be interested (the other guy couldn't hold down a job & was very different from me in personality).

But I was also a bit of a figure in the public eye when I was younger, so people do actually recognize me from back then.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Wow!! This is kind of scary, and liberating at the same time. I feel so "out there"

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

It's the eyes in your case......did you try the "doppleganger" thing? I would do it, but not without permission. Celine Dion?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yeah, I bet that guy freaked out a little!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yes been thru this many times also. I even met my double once passing in a hallway I think both of us were to freaked out to converse.

My other self is evil, Iam the good one at least thats what I tell people now when they think they know me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I tried it, after trying 3 different pictures I gave up. Every pictured I tried said they did not have a match. I must not look like anyone...lol

I used to be A LOT thinner, that's when I would hear Celine Dion. I never saw it personally....but then again, I don't think I look like anyone but ME

edit on 3-5-2012 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

That must have been strange! If that happened to me, I would HAVE to say something and take a pic with them!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I know, I had to try a few....one said it "couldn't find a face!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But I was also a bit of a figure in the public eye when I was younger, so people do actually recognize me from back then.

Ok, now I'm intrigued....who are you? Leif Garret, is that you?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Ok, now I'm intrigued....who are you? Leif Garret, is that you?

No!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Every once in a while I'll get a
"Hey@@@@ how ya bin!!!????
Oops, sorry, I thought you where@@@@
My reply is always, "Thats OK, but if @@@@
looks like me I feel real sorry for him!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

When I first saw your face I thought you looked like SOMEONE. But I do not know who. Whomever she is, she is HOT!!

PS: I LOVE Cats.
I used to be one in a past life.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I get that so much its ridiculous! It goes back as far as grade school, but I can see why as my face hasn't changed too drastically since then. Strangers have stopped at restaurants, grocery stores, airports and say that I look like someone they know--or, weirdly enough, an old hollywood actress that no one can recall.

Which makes no sense to me since I'm half asian and look nothing like Old Hollywood. At all. It certainly is flattering though, you have to agree. I'm glad that I'm about three pages in as I write this. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

LOL....thanks! That's what I mean though....no one can think of who it is and it drives me crazy

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess117

You DO remind me of someone.....it's your smile...can't think of the name though ugggh...if I think of the name I'll post it...I HATE that LOL!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

To be fair, I should post a picture of myself in your other photo thread, but I do not know how to do that. The only photos I have on my computer are not posted anywhere on the web to link to.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry to be late replying to this, but I just had to. I get this relatively often, and it always bothered me. People tell me I look familiar even when I visit other countries. I always feel like being offended by it, because I figure I must have really grotesque features that stand out a lot. It can't be that there are just tons of people who look like me all over the world, it's probably just that my features are noticeable, because they stand out. It's annoying because I can't get upset at anyone person for feeling this way, for all they know, they're the only person who thinks I look familiar.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join