It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People Tell You "You Look SO Familiar!"..... A Lot??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In a strange twist of irony , what if some random group of visiting aliens exclaimed that we humans all look the same?

There are a lot of people who share a lot of similar features yet have no obvious direct relation, for example a person I knew when I grew up, there is a guy that looks almost just like him that I know today. But they have no apparent relation.

Oh and they even talk the same and sound the same vocally.
I do find it rather intriguing.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

To me, you always looked like you belonged in old school Hollywood. You have facial elements of a young Liz Taylor, Joan Crawford, etc. Back when Hollywood was in its heyday...

You know what's funny Gaz? YOU really do remind me of someone! And no....I can't think of who! (seriously!)

Probably a country singer, if going by my avatar pic... Reminds me, I pretty much always wear the jeans and boots these days, but I really need some good cowboy hats (a working one, a going out one, etc.)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well....I'll take that as a compliment
! I will eventually think of who it is you remind me of....and let you know....and i think it IS a country singer.

In the meantime....check this out....
I just came across this....how freaky! I'll be back with more on it....still checking it out.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think it's the eyes. Something about their shape, size, angle, position in the face triggers that feeling of familiarity.

I've told my husband, "Who does he/she remind you of?". He always says nobody, I stew over it for a few hours, then wake up at two in the morning with the answer. Sure enough, if I cover the lower half of the face, the resemblance is striking.

I suppose that's why they always put the black bar over a persons eyes to disguise them on tv.

OP, would you be willing to post a pic of just your eyes?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

GOT IT! Here's who you remind me of....have you ever been told you look like Garth Brooks?

edit on 5/2/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Don't have one of just eyes, but here's a pic anyway.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I never understood the "black bars" over eyes thing...I mean if I knew someone, I think I would still recognize them even with eyes covered......at least I think so...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have heard this most of my life. I heard it as a teenager, a lot in my twenties and I do still hear it occasionally. I have been told that I look like Drew Barrymore, Heather Locklear and Celine Dion. OK, none of these women look ANYTHING alike. I don't understand...lol I think that I must have a "feature" that looks familiar to people.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Looks like your eyes are orange, are the colours on that totally realistic? Looks kinda scary. Or maybe you just do your name justice and can see really well in the dark.

edit on 2/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

No....just a lousy camera....it's my real eye color though...this one is more accurate

edit on
5/2/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Definitely Liz Taylor...

No, haven't heard Garth Brooks, but with a goatee, I get a pretty good selection in the who do I look like category. Without the cowboy hat, I look more like Chris that won American Idol a couple years back or so...can't remember his last name.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here's another pic of Gazrok aka Garth. I hope it's ok G....if not tell me and I'll remove it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I can see it now...

Here's one of young Liz, for you...

Then you....

edit on 2-5-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok
[more
do you mean Chris Daughtry?

I think you look more like Garth.....who is handsome BTW!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well and truly scared now, your eyes really are on fire.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Nope, actually, wasn't a Chris..it was David Cook. I kept getting teased by my wife and her girlfriends about it...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

OK..I can see it, but I still say Garth

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well and truly scared now, your eyes really are on fire.

I had a friend who was from Viet Nam when I was in school, and his brother would never look me in the eye ....

edit on 5/2/2012 by StealthyKat because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I thought more people would have had this experience....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

That's probably true. if you post a pic, I'll tell you what I think.....but if you don't i understand....curious though!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join