It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People Tell You "You Look SO Familiar!"..... A Lot??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This happened to me again today.....actually, it has happened to me most of my adult life. I'm in a store, a gas station, at work......wherever....and I notice someone staring at me. Then they approach me and say...."you look so familiar!".......or tell me I look "just like" someone..... but they can't put their finger on it. When I was in my early twenties, I worked at Walmart as a cashier, and this would happen to me at least several times a week. The thing that drives me crazy is that no one can think of who it is! It must be someone well known, because it happens so much.....

So my question is....does this happen to any of you?
They say everyone has a "twin". I don't believe in all that "doppleganger" stuff....but it's interesting to talk about anyway.

I know it's kind of trivial, but it really bugs me, because I would love to know who these people think I look like

If this happens to you....post a pic if you dare...next to a pic of who you are told you look like...this could be fun!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Actually rarely and I have unique name the only one in the world no duplicates...rather like that I do!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I get that a lot. And it's mostly women telling me I look familiar. I've always wondered if they were kinda hitting on me in a roundabout way. I also wondered if I might have looked a little like a celebrity but I couldn't figure out which one. It hasn't happened as much since I gained weight.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

ACtually, yes, and I met the guy once, well, one of the guys "I looked like".

Was years ago, out with some friends in the boonies to see some local band "attempt" to cover some Phish songs. I go to get a beer from the bartender and when I got to pay he's like "no man, the band drinks for free" so I just nod and walk off, a little confused.

then the band came out, lead guitar (who sucked horribly) looked a lot like me, scarey close, even had the same hair and pork chop sideburns I was, and still am, rocking.

It still happens to me to this day, and I've moved to a new city so I doubt it's the same person, but I get it a lot

"you look familiar, don't I know you?"
"you look just like my friend so and so"

I agree, it's getting old.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You were young and attractive and worked at Walmart? Hmmm...were most of the people telling you you looked real familiar by any chance male?

In answer to your question, no never. The only person I look like now is my Dad apparently, yeah go ahead and laugh. Your time will come too, but you girls get to look like yer Mom apparently. Hope it helps!

reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Dude, you should totally track that guy down and follow him everywhere. Free beer!

edit on 2/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to previous poster

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Everyone tells me "You have one of those faces" or "You look like fillintheblank"

I get a different comparison from every person.. odd when I hear the same name twice in one day, though.

Maybe certain feature combinations stick out in one's mind.. person 1 has their face, person 2 shares similar eyeshape cheekbones and mouth, person 3 shares same eyecolor nose and jawline. Person 2 and 3 could look completely different from one another.

I am always trying to see familiarity in faces, just so I can feel a bit more comfortable with someone new.

Sure there are some that feel the same.

I believe in doppelgangers definitely, I would like to see DNA comparisons between two people that look extremely similar.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm the one always mistaking people for other people. I've actually made a life long friend that way. Makes for fun ''how we meet'' story to tell mutual friends.
edit on 2-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Actually that happened to me again recently.
I found that maybe it's not even the full picture of what one looks like but just one or two details that relate you to the "you look familiar" remark.

Let's see the list:
You look like my mother who passed away x amount of years ago
You look like my cousin
You look like __insert family member__
to
Oh I thought you were __insert name__
to being called by someone else's name.
to even
You look Californian
You look like someone from the Netherlands

Well my natural hair color doesn't help because apparently I look like anyone who has it.

I found living in the North that I am given sympathy "Aww, you must have been teased really bad because of your hair"... Nah, was different in the South as it didn't happen as much as said up here, but uh thanks?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

I get this from both men and women, so I never thought of it as "hitting on me".....it seems genuine, like they really think they know me from somewhere.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It does get to be annoying, but to me it isn't the fact that they ask, it's the fact that no one can think of who it is... I'm the type who cannot STAND to not have an answer for something.....serious OR trivial

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You look amazingly like catwoman...

*ducks*

Seriously though, I think some people just have certain combinations of features that remind people of others.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

No...it wasn't like that (flirty)....it's been both sexes, young, old....just people in general.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's really only happened to me once.

I was in a restaurant sitting in a booth with some friends. Two older ladies came over and stood at the end of the table, looking at me. I looked up and one said, "How have you been?" I said , "Fine." One said, "Don't you know who we are?" I said, "No." Then one asked, "Aren't you Phil?" I said, "No."

Only time I've ever been mistaken for someone else.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It's never happened to me, but my husband gets this constantly. However, the people that he is supposed to look like are different people. I'd say in the past 10 years, it has happened around a dozen times. We find it amusing, if baffling.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessofSwords

Yes...I agree....it's quite possible that it's a combination of features that seem "familiar". I know in junior high school, there was a girl who looked very much like me (or I looked like her)....and people got us mixed up all the time (in fact, I got in trouble at school for something she did:lol

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

One of the episodes of unsolved mysteries has the story of a guy who is always being mistaken for someone else and subsequently goes on to find that he was born with a twin brother and both were adopted by different families. His brother was dead by the time he found out sadly.

So yeah... erm....theres that......

Ive got nothing

edit on 2-5-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hissssssssssssss **swats at you**
You know what's funny Gaz? YOU really do remind me of someone! And no....I can't think of who!
(seriously!)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Two older ladies came over and stood at the end of the table, looking at me. I looked up and one said, "How have you been?" I said , "Fine." One said, "Don't you know who we are?" I said, "No." Then one asked, "Aren't you Phil?" I said, "No."

What did they do? Just walk away?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

One of the episodes of unsolved mysteries has the story of a guy who is always being mistaken for someone else and subsequently goes on to find that he was born with a twin brother and both were adopted by different families.

Now THAT would be cool! I wonder how often that type of thing happens?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yea. They apologized for the mistake. I told them it was no problem and they left. My friends and I had a pretty good laugh over it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join