Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

America. A country led by cowards.

page: 3
24
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Yeah, it looks like we tossed Chen under the bus for politics and money.

It makes me sick... but, we have cowards and greedy pigs running this nation for now.




posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

A blind guy climbs over a fracking wall, travels through town, injured, and seeks help at the US embassy. And what does America do?

Blinks.


America is currently busy waging war against evil camel riding Muslims who want to take over the world, please come back later.

Are you f serious ? USA is no longer in position to tell the Cinese to shove it.


Times change, accept it.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
generalizing thousands of people on the internet based on one event

classic



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

Originally posted by beezzer

A blind guy climbs over a fracking wall, travels through town, injured, and seeks help at the US embassy. And what does America do?

Blinks.


America is currently busy waging war against evil camel riding Muslims who want to take over the world, please come back later.

Are you f serious ? USA is no longer in position to tell the Cinese to shove it.


Times change, accept it.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)


If and when my country arrives at a point where it can no longer defend its principles by safeguarding dissidents of tyrannies, then yes... the US has folded its tent. Once we get to a place where we fear standing up for the rights of those seeking liberty, we have failed our own constitution.

None of this means we must invade anyone but at some point, when we surrender our principles for politics, for cowardice or for money, we are no longer the land of the free and home of the brave. We are a flock of pigeons feeding on peanuts left for us by whomever passes and cares for our waddlings.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


its less of an american thing and more of a system beyond just america that is led by week men who support strong men who are united as men



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Dissidents such as Mr. Chen make us all look like cowards when we choose not to speak up out of fear or apathy, especially when we do not live under authoritarian rule...yet.


Chen, 40, said he never asked to leave China and that U.S. officials told him they would accompany him out of the embassy. But after he got to his room in Chaoyang Hospital with his family, he told the AP no U.S. officials stayed behind and that the family is now scared and wants to leave the country.


From another source, which helps explain Mr. Chen's thinking:

"He was adamant that he would not apply for political asylum with any country," said Guo. "He certainly wants to stay in China, and demand redress for the years of illegal persecution in Shandong and continue his efforts for Chinese society."

source. A story of inspiration for Chen's supporters.

Legally, all the US embassy staff could do was take Mr. Chen to the hospital. They could not provide for his or his family's protection. It will be up to his Chinese supporters to keep the world aware of his condition.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
you want wal-mart to close over night, hundreds of thousands unemployed overnight and billions of dollars lost in revenue and taxes, all because of one chinese activist who pissed off the wrong people.

because china could do that with a stroke of a pen. no filibustering, no senate votes and no vetoes.

they could cut exports for a week or raise tariffs and bust half of americas corporations and business.

including nike, apple, ibm, microsoft, walmart; you name it, china can liquidate them by holding up labour and products.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


I'm sure I will get screamed at for my opinion...but my opinion it is...America needs to worry about its own citizens...we are in such a confused and tumultuous state currently. Whether this man is a Chinese humanitarian or not...he needs to deal with China....what in the hell do we "REALLY" have to do with his future?

There I said it


BTW
Maybe I've missed something along the way in regards to this story, but we have sooooo many Americans in need, living in poverty, hunger, not getting an adequate education, homeless etc. This should be our priority right now. We really need to get this nation back on track. Then and only then IMHO, can we even begin to think about helping others on an international scale.

Also, isn't Chen a "Chinese Humanitarian"? So why is he running from the people he spoke out for. He should stay in China and fight for what he believes. But, instead he wants to run to America? Give me a break...Mandela didn't run, Martin Luther King didn't run, Malcolm X didn't run. A humanitarian stays and fights for what he/she believes until the bloody end, not until America comes and saves your ass. You can't go around popping off at the mouth, then scream..."Please Help Me"...finish the job already.

This is what I truly believe.

ETA
America as cowards? Ahhhh....come on... really? Whatever
edit on 5/2/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You must be an intell officer, to make such a claim!!! getting any accurate info out of china is next to impossible and of course like most of the crazy bullcrap claims on this website. We may have a president that sux major (explitive) I am still gratefull to be American the world ive traveled and seen dosent even compare to our great nation, we just need Americans to stand up and march on washington arrest every dam gloablist which is just about every politician in washington and put real people in office. DOWN WITH SOCIALISM



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah we are

For over 30 years i was told "communism is evil" oh when they offer a slave class so that you can buy and ipod pay no nevermind to that.

Oh and force their women to abortions and jail anyone who speaks out again their policies.

Turn a blind eye so you can make money off it!!!

Cowardice indeed.
edit on 2-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)


Is this English??? Translation?

I think China is full of crap and America has been extra full of crap in the last couple decades.
We should be defending this man and his family, China can go and eat a ball sack.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by beezzer
 


I'm sure I will get screamed at for my opinion...but my opinion it is...America needs to worry about its own citizens...we are in such a confused and tumultuous state currently. Whether this man is a Chinese humanitarian or not...he needs to deal with China....what in the hell do we "REALLY" have to do with his future?



What harm does it do protecting him? None -
Screw the law and all that jargon

I say if we can save a life we should do it, it is not like China will nuke us over this.
Plus it isn't costing us really -

I actually agree with Beepper on this one

edit on 2-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives
 


Well Hooorahhhhhhhh for the Neocon!!!!

Need someone to translate that eh?



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by griffithdiver
 


yea, down with fascism! i agree with the posters who said hands were tied; but like the same posters acknowledge that without progressive activism there is no progression. to me even tho im not chinese he like a cultural hero. i wouldnt want my message tarnished by the image of being saved by america: what message does that have to do with him and his homeland?



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer


This is an epic, epic failure on the part of America. It shows its true colours, yellow.






This Administrations failure. Lets get it right.



S&F



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives
 


Point made and understood. Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with this fellow human being however, I personally IMO, feel we need to stay out of this. That's China's business. Chen knew full well what he was dealing with before he started opening his mouth.

As a fellow human being I applaud his bravery....but why now does he want to run away? As a side note, I could careless about what problems this may or may not start with China...the Chinese government can all kick rocks IMO.

We do need to show as much humility as possible...I just wish for once, we could keep our nose out of the business of others...no disrespect intended



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree with Beezer for once
The USA should have helped him

It's sad to see that people are valuing money over this political activists life/well being. If no one stands up for the greater good then the world will be ran over by evil and apathy.






edit on 2-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you want wal-mart to close over night, hundreds of thousands unemployed overnight and billions of dollars lost in revenue and taxes, all because of one chinese activist who pissed off the wrong people.

because china could do that with a stroke of a pen. no filibustering, no senate votes and no vetoes.

they could cut exports for a week or raise tariffs and bust half of americas corporations and business.

including nike, apple, ibm, microsoft, walmart; you name it, china can liquidate them by holding up labour and products.


Wonderful position our businessmen, businesswomen, and government have put us in, isn't it? All to make a whole lot of money instead of just a lot of money.
edit on 5/2/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by beezzer

This is an epic, epic failure on the part of America. It shows its true colours, yellow.




This Administrations failure. Lets get it right.


S&F


We have elected officials, and as citizens we always have options no matter how unlikely it is that you could convince the brainwashed to stand up for something, therefore you cannot just go through life skirting all responsibility when bad things happen.

If we decided, as a nation, not to go to work or pay taxes until this man and his family had political asylum in the US, guess how fast it would get done? Over-frickin'-night.

We're not willing to do that for this guy? Fine. But don't act like we couldn't make it happen if we wanted to collectively.
edit on 5/2/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt


If and when my country arrives at a point where it can no longer defend its principles by safeguarding dissidents of tyrannies, then yes... the US has folded its tent. Once we get to a place where we fear standing up for the rights of those seeking liberty, we have failed our own constitution.

None of this means we must invade anyone but at some point, when we surrender our principles for politics, for cowardice or for money, we are no longer the land of the free and home of the brave. We are a flock of pigeons feeding on peanuts left for us by whomever passes and cares for our waddlings.





That was well said.

We often hear Ben Franklins quote "When you trade freedom for security, you end up with neither" alot on ATS.

When we trade principle for prosperity, we end up with neither.

To all, thanks for posting. We really aren't hearing much about this and I, in sosme small way, wanted to bring this to the atention of more people.

This isn't a partisan issue. I wish it were.

But the R's are as silent as the D's on this.

It is just one man. One dissident. But if China threatened our entire economy over this one man, then this one man might have been worth it, if they were that afraid.



posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I agree with Beezer for once
The USA should have helped him

It's sad to see that people are valuing money over this political activists life/well being. If no one stands up for the greater good then the world will be ran over by evil and apathy.


"Will be" or "is being"?

2nd line still required?






top topics



 
24
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join