It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America. A country led by cowards.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
China owns us - po them and they stop the support checks - then all of our wives die. It's not just our current "leaders" who are crap on a stick - this started a long time ago.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by SplitInfinity

And America could have pressured China to back off of the family.

But that would take courage. Principles. Guts.

How? What are we going to threaten them?

Don't make me laugh.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

not nuts.

just come to the realisation with all the truth that is coming out, america seems to be a very evil place.

how do officers just forget about a kid? accident. yea right.

blaming the system. thats like something you would expect to hear from nazi's defending themselves.

you goddam cuff 6 year olds and take them into custody.

the place is a livin hell.

edit on 3-5-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Current events.

More current events.
Chen: I Didn't 'Understand What Was Happening'

In hindsight, he says he would not have left the embassy, and that China and US must both work on passports for his family.

There are many, many dissidents not just in China but around the world. Supporting groups such as Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International can help bring to light the cases of dissidents, to help pressure govts.

Passports for Mr. Chen and his family might be good now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

True and I hope it happens.

We used to be a powerhouse. Somewhere, sometime long the way we lost it.

But people don't forget. I don't forget. Princples matter. Individuals matter.

We shouldn't forget that.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
And guess what. . . . .

Chen Guangcheng Ignored by Hillary Clinton

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

If you have any proof of this being a deliberate policy, share it, otherwise you're just reaching a baseless conclusion, based purely on your obvious bias.

I am a US-expat, and wouldn't return to the US, without a few million dollars, but even though I chose to leave I'm not so delusional as to project a world of pre-planned evil onto an entire country, based on a relatively small number of incidents.

Accidents DO happen. It's absurd to claim that what happened to this kid was the result of a deliberate policy of starvation. Why would they then let him out and admit what they'd done??

Be reasonable.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

Why do we bother then.

Really.

Principles?
Gone.

Do you really think China would ruin trade with us over one guy?

This kind of thing used to happen on a weekly basis dusring the cold war with the USSR. And we STILL did business with them.

Hi,

In the beginning you ask if he left of his own free will or was effectively pushed. All your comments since (and the thread title) imply you never considered this a question and that you know he was pushed - which is it?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by beezzer

Apparently keeping on good terms with our…errr…BANKERs in China is of the utmost importance.

On the other hand, US had no way of protecting this guy’s wife and family because his wife and family did not seek protection at the embassy. What else were they to do? US has no authority to run around town and scoop up his family. Maybe Yet Chen should have thought this out a little better??

The US could have said, "Cough up the guys family or YOU lose a trading partner!"

Haha well I'm pretty sure we need China more than they need us.
Where do those pretty clothes, shoes, hats and basically everything we purchase come from again?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

i never mentioned deliberate policy. stop putting words in my mouth. i know americans like twisting the truth.

you need to open your eyes.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wish the US would drop the (thin) veil of moral superiority and publicly accept the fact that all nations need to behave in their own self-interest at least part of the time.They would at least be more successful in achieving their publicly stated aims.

What does berating the Chinese government about this accomplish anyway?

The guy in question stood up to the government and got knocked down, where does that not occur?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
We are in no position to to push china around. Unless you are willing to risk consequences that could sacrifice great amounts people just to save one.

you are too stuck on ideals to see this. I am bleeding heart but understand you cannot save everyone. the guys is still alive so i don't see the problem.

if a man on house arrest here would go to some embassy here what would be the result?? so a "criminal" is under house arrest and tries to leave the country to get out of his sentence.

I am pretty sure they would have kicked him back..

they say he is an activist but what kind?? i mean i can say i am activist and ihave never done anything.

what was his crime? was it related to his activism??

And who says there was not a threat to his family?? Like china would own up to it and say YEAH WORLD WE WERE GOING TO HURT HIS FAMILY IF HE DID NOT LEAVE. and why would the USA out China...

if you think about it that makes no sense.

lets say that he was an activist against the chinses government... who is to say that once here he does not start going against this government too.. why would our government whether you believe it is good or bad want to import men with dissent in their hearts?? we have plenty on here and out camping places.

you really need to think things over and not be so idealistic..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by beezzer

Apparently keeping on good terms with our…errr…BANKERs in China is of the utmost importance.

On the other hand, US had no way of protecting this guy’s wife and family because his wife and family did not seek protection at the embassy. What else were they to do? US has no authority to run around town and scoop up his family. Maybe Yet Chen should have thought this out a little better??

The US could have said, "Cough up the guys family or YOU lose a trading partner!"

Haha well I'm pretty sure we need China more than they need us.
Where do those pretty clothes, shoes, hats and basically everything we purchase come from again?

Are we incapable of making a hat now?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Do you guys even research your topics before posting..? This guy went to the US embassy for help, then denied leaving China.. He wanted to stay in China and refused going to "Asylum" so the US did the only thing they could do and that was put him in a hospital.. Yet now that he realizes the US cant protect him hes now asking for the US to take him out of China...

Just like someone else mentioned, this guy is a Chinese Humanitarian... Yet he wants to leave his country but were the bad ones here.. Do you guys even care about the US citizens? You all seem to care so much about other countries well being yet I never hear anyone try to fight for the starving and dying people we have at home, never.

Our country is going down the #ter and all you guys care about is policing the world, sure who cares if our country is turning into # as long as we can help others right?! You guys take whatever is current in the news and all the sudden you guys are die hard activists for that cause..until 2 weeks later when a new cause comes along and you decide to stop caring about the old one. By the way what makes this guy so special? Why do you not care about the people we have at home starving and dying or is that just not current enough for you to care?

By the way if the US is such "cowards" as you like to imply then by all means you and your heroic ideals are free to go and liberate this man yourself.. Sure id love to save this guy and have him safe and sound, but im looking at the big picture.. Do you really want to damage and maybe even sever our ties with one of the most powerful nations on earth to save one man...? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few my friend.. Sure its not always easy, its not always the "right" thing to do, but sometimes is has to be done.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I personally feel as though he was pushed.

Just my interpretation.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

He is against forced abortion and against the one-child policy.

I'll ask you the same question I asked another. If one person isn't "enough" to make a stand, then how many people does it take?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shagga
Do you guys even research your topics before posting..? This guy went to the US embassy for help, then denied leaving China.. He wanted to stay in China and refused going to "Asylum" so the US did the only thing they could do and that was put him in a hospital.. Yet now that he realizes the US cant protect him hes now asking for the US to take him out of China...

Just like someone else mentioned, this guy is a Chinese Humanitarian... Yet he wants to leave his country but were the bad ones here.. Do you guys even care about the US citizens? You all seem to care so much about other countries well being yet I never hear anyone try to fight for the starving and dying people we have at home, never.

Our country is going down the #ter and all you guys care about is policing the world, sure who cares if our country is turning into # as long as we can help others right?! You guys take whatever is current in the news and all the sudden you guys are die hard activists for that cause..until 2 weeks later when a new cause comes along and you decide to stop caring about the old one. By the way what makes this guy so special? Why do you not care about the people we have at home starving and dying or is that just not current enough for you to care?

By the way if the US is such "cowards" as you like to imply then by all means you and your heroic ideals are free to go and liberate this man yourself.. Sure id love to save this guy and have him safe and sound, but im looking at the big picture.. Do you really want to damage and maybe even sever our ties with one of the most powerful nations on earth to save one man...? The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few my friend.. Sure its not always easy, its not always the "right" thing to do, but sometimes is has to be done.

All I hear is excuses for not doing the right thing. All I hear are reasons as to why we shouldn't live by our principles.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
But you know that if this were to happen somewhere else, and the U.S. wasn’t involved, you’d have our government calling it “Barbaric”. The Secretary of State would be all over this.

Oh the humanity.

Oh it happens, and America doesn't call it barbaric they call it supporting their allies

edit on 3-5-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
so this guy is an activist , so what..
so America is to take in anyone , and everyone that ask for asylum ??
when did America become the country to come to when you no longer want to live in your country ?
there are laws to go by that America has to up hold in other countrys, check the United Nations Laws
what does this guy offer AMERICA ?
oh boo whoo my wifes going to die because I came here to ask for asylum , why didn't she go with him??

Is it Americas fault that China has it's people disappear for speaking out ?? NO
and what would happen if America would take this 1 guy in ? tomorrow there would be ten thousand people asking for asylum , and in a week a hundred thousand, where would they live ? what would they do for a liveing?
this has nothing to do with business contracts it has to do with logic
China has plenty of activtist , so we are to let them all have asylum??
get real

this is not Americas problem

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by matted

I'll state it again, "When you sacrifice principle for prosperity, you end up with neither."
(nod to B. franklin)

We should do whats right.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join