It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Kiloton German Hydrogen Bomb Goes Missing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The maintenance done to nuclear armament is mostly directed to the reediness of the precursor explosive (and ignition hardware), the nuclear payload does not have a humanly relevant expiration date.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

It seems Germany is giving these things out as party favors, sub included. Hope this does not end badly.

Hahahaha, great comment - big fat bassssssssss

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is why TPTB built the deep underground bunkers.....
Not Nibiru.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is why TPTB built the deep underground bunkers.....
Not Nibiru.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

You can tell straight away that the article is BS. Seriously AWACS tracking submarines and nuclear weapons?

Weapons of this type are generally located through use of specialized aircraft, in this case, the Boeing Sentinal E3D. These are highly modified 707 aircraft. The British have 7 of these

All of the British E-3Ds are back in service after a brief maintenance disruption. Has Scorcha Fail been at the keyboard again?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

TinkerHaus, I understand what you're saying about relative size... everybody here should know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were *destroyed* by a 10-15 kT nuclear explosion. 500kT would LEVEL a city for a radius of about 1/2 mile and destroys soft structures for another 2 miles (radius).

Working in the nuclear weapon world, I never heard of these 4 German bombs that were "being tracked". You'd think I would have picked up something about them during my 15 years in this business. Ah well, could be true nonetheless.

Bottom line: 500kT is a MASSIVE weapon.

--Av
edit on 3-5-2012 by Avardan because: Edit for clarity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
I read on some of the same threads that is was a Russian nuke, point 5 megaton (500 kiloton) had been "refreshed" and was loaded on the Dolphin. The E-3's were grounded at the time due to mechanical malfunctions of all 8 at the same time. I will try to verify, but I believe the British E-3's were capable of tracking subs. They also have older British craft that track subs like the British Aerospace Nimrods. IDK, sounds fishy,NPI.

The story is complete bunk. For your information all Nimrods are retired or have been scrapped. The last operational Nimrods were RAF Signal Intelligence collection Nimrod R.1s. The last two were retired in Summer 2011. Flight to museum.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hypothetically - if there were to be a false flag terror attack with this. Couldn't it be at the Olympics in London?

Not saying that this is true or that there will be an attack - just putting that out there.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
A possible target - London and Olympics. submarine is important as easy to access the Thames and East and central London. they have given so much emphasis on protecting the skies that they may have overlooked attack using The Thames. Or it could just be the plot of the new James Bond Film released early!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a FIVE kt nuc.

Originally posted by Avardan
reply to post by TinkerHaus

TinkerHaus, I understand what you're saying about relative size... everybody here should know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were *destroyed* by a 10-15 kT nuclear explosion. 500kT would LEVEL a city for a radius of about 1/2 mile and destroys soft structures for another 2 miles (radius).

Working in the nuclear weapon world, I never heard of these 4 German bombs that were "being tracked". You'd think I would have picked up something about them during my 15 years in this business. Ah well, could be true nonetheless.

Bottom line: 500kT is a MASSIVE weapon.

--Av
edit on 3-5-2012 by Avardan because: Edit for clarity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

E3s searching for them because the are currently grounded, even though they aren't used to hunt subs or nukes.

I agree complete hoax. The E-3s were only grounded for a very short period. One was noted flying over London last week. Enthusiasts at RAF Waddington have also noted them flying after the very short grounding period.

Image of RAF Sentry flying over London

www.raf.mod.uk...

The RAF only operate 6 E-3D Sentries out of 7 supplied. One has been reduced to spares / structural testing airframe as part of the defence cuts.

Image of RAF E-3 Sentry, Serial ZH105, at RAF Waddington minus radar and other parts.

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

The serials of the surviving 6 are ZH101, ZH102, ZH103, ZH104, ZH106 and ZH107.

From. Click on 'ZH'

www.ukserials.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snakedoctorjw
Im going to go ahead and throw this out there. What about False Flag.

There are theories on the
Olympics.

Just in time for the Olympics, too.

Seems like a lot of people in high places are in on its "disappearance"...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I don't know where you get the 5 Kiloton figures for the Japanese detonations.

Just to clarify things.

Little Boy - Hiroshima - U235 - 13-18 Kilotons.

Fat Man - Nagasaki - P239 - 21 Kilotons.

Cosmic..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Ok, so the RAF E3 fleet was grounded according to this story dated 23rd April.

www.flightglobal.com...

So, when is that NATO summit scheduled for again? And what is the sailing time for a Dolphin class sub across the Atlantic?

so should i keep a watch for dolphin class submarine sneaking through the locks here in Sault Ste Marie? the only way it gets to Chicago.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Dolphin class submarines are made in Germany exclusively for ISRAEL.

This is probably the TANIN, a Dolphin class sub due to be delivered this year.

The question should be (if this report is true).

What are the Israeli's up to with a nuclear weapon aboard one of their boats.

Are we suggesting that the Israeli's intend to create a false flag ? against whom ? the US ? the UK ?

Personally it looks to me like Israel is going into Samson mode, any attack on Israel will result in nuclear retaliation, they will use it.

Of course i am aware that Israel is quite happy to kill US or UK personnel to meet it's own political ends, but carrying out a false flag like placing the nuke in the Persian Gulf ready to blow up the Enterprise or the NATO conference in Chicago or the London Olympics all seem a bit too obvious.

Hopefully nothing will come of this, it's just Israel doing what it does, exempt from all laws and morality.

Cosmic..

edit on 3-5-2012 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I can't beleive this thread is still going.....

HOAX or disinformation....if there was a false flag planned I suppose TPTB could point back to this....but the story itself is ludicrous.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You guys wanna know how big this bomb was? The following example uses a one megatonne bomb. One megatonne is equivalent to 1,000 kilotonnes. So take the following example and cut it in half because the bomb in question is 500 kilotonnes.(its still a big blast)

The fission bomb detonated over Hiroshima had an explosive blast equivalent to 12,500 tons of TNT.

A 1 megaton hydrogen bomb, hypothetically detonated on the earth’s surface, has about 80 times the blast power of that 1945 explosion.

Radius of destructive circle: 1.7 miles 12 pounds per square inch

At the center lies a crater 200 feet deep and 1000 feet in diameter. The rim of this crater is 1,000 feet wide and is composed of highly radioactive soil and debris. Nothing recognizable remains within about 3,200 feet (0.6 miles) from the center, except, perhaps, the remains of some buildings’ foundations.

At 1.7 miles, only some of the strongest buildings — those made of reinforced, poured concrete — are still standing. Ninety-eight percent of the population in this area are dead.

Radius: 2.7 miles 5 psi Virtually everything is destroyed between the 12 and 5 psi rings. The walls of typical multi-story buildings, including apartment buildings, have been completely blown out. The bare, structural skeletons of more and more buildings rise above the debris as you approach the 5 psi ring. Single-family residences within this this area have been completely blown away — only their foundations remain. Fifty percent of the population between the 12 and 5 psi rings are dead. Forty percent are injured.

NationalTerrorAlert.com

This bomb had the equivalent explosive power of 551,155 tons of TNT

In other words the bomb in question has 40 times the explosive power of that of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. So, if you guys ever seen footage of the damage caused by the Hiroshima bomb picture it 40 times bigger.....WoW

And to think the Russians detonated (for testing purposes) one at 50 MEGATONNES! Thats 50,000 kilotonnes that's equivalent to 55,115,565 tons of TNT

-Alien

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think you should consider this possibility, one that has been discussed here before ; that maybe there is a war "behind the scenes" manafesting itself in known nuclear abnormalities. The most obvious is this:

www.reuters.com...

Then this: www.reuters.com...

and finally :www.ufoevidence.org...

maybe the war between the Illuminati and an alien race is a possibility and the rumored threat that our own nuclear weapons will be used against us , starting with the D.U.M.B.s has a basis. Jus' sayin' .

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how they plan on getting a sub to chicago without anybody noticing?? There's a few locks to deal with and other minor problems like shallow water in Erie but what the heck. I say London

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

The Hunt for Red October?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join