It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Kiloton German Hydrogen Bomb Goes Missing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just naive...but this kind of thing doesn't go missing. This was either intended to look like it went missing or someone is terrible at their job. How is it that there is GPS in cars (they even have GPS in some dogs!) but they failed to hook up something as restricted as a hydrogen bombg to some sort of tracking device? Just a gut feeling, but I feel like a lot of people are going to die and a lot of people are going to be lied to about who is to blame.

X2, I don't believe this for a second. I'm sorry but hydrogen bombs don't just 'go missing', the idea in itself is utterly preposterous. None of this adds up and combined with a lack of reputable sources = nonsense in my book.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To summarize every thread since the beginning of time on sites such as this:

"....I donno what's gonna happen maan, but seems there's some cryptic indications that something, somewhere is gonna like blow up real good, and soon......"

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Baltimore. This is some Sum of All Fears type of *snip*. We all know that Tom Clancy was a bit of a prophet.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Coincidence???
Second line.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Originally posted by Morg234
Just looked up a video that said the new Dolphin-class is "super-stealthy" and virtually undetectable. Doubtful to say the least..

Did you read the article? Check it out:

That China’s submarines are surfacing boldly near U.S. warships is a telltale sign of newer advanced technologies, such as acoustic tiles and cavitation-reducing propellers, that are being employed on the submarines, says Stitt.

China’s new Song-class diesel submarines have tracked U.S. Navy ships operating in the seas near Japan and Taiwan. Last November, after China denied the USS Kitty Hawk’s port call in Hong Kong at the last minute, a Chinese submarine shadowed the carrier as it entered the Taiwan Straits on its return voyage to Yokosuka, Japan. In the late fall of 2006, a Song-class submarine surfaced within torpedo range of the Kitty Hawk off the coast of Okinawa, Japan.
www.nationaldefensemagazine.org...

Emphasis added. If that is true that was some eye opening moments for the Kitty Hawk. If Song class has that capability, I bet Dolphin does too... to say the least. Thats the advantage of diesel boats today. The newest technology is older technology. The west has its head stuck too hi in the nuclear clouds.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Truth be known friend,(I'm not your friend, guy. I'm not your guy, dude. I'm not your dude, gremmy, I'm not your gremmy Jimmy, Ect ad infinitum.).
Well, truth be known, I'd love to be standing at ground zero with my catchers mitt on.
It's like instant karma...let's see what's next.
Engage.

Tis to laugh.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
For pity's sake......

I got to the second page and I couldn't take any more.

Some people.

There's not a scrap of evidence anywhere to suggest that this is real and valid.
And all evidence and knowledge leads any person who is capable of reasoned, critical thinking that this is most likely a hoax.

At least one or two people realised this.

But some people were just plucking completely imaginary scenarios out of thin air without any supportive evidence or even any attempt at reasoned thought etc.

I more than aware that this is first and foremost a conspiracy site but it's reputation was built upon it's members ability to sort the wheat from the chaff etc.
By and large that's an ability that sadly seems lacking at present.

All this does is descredit conspiracy theorists and deflects from genuine cases rthat fully deserve further investigation and increased publicity.

There are at least four known instances where at least six nuclear weapons / devices have been lost and still as of yet not been found.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsychology909

---->Edit

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
For pity's sake......

I got to the second page and I couldn't take any more.

Some people.

There's not a scrap of evidence anywhere to suggest that this is real and valid.
And all evidence and knowledge leads any person who is capable of reasoned, critical thinking that this is most likely a hoax.

At least one or two people realised this.

But some people were just plucking completely imaginary scenarios out of thin air without any supportive evidence or even any attempt at reasoned thought etc.

I more than aware that this is first and foremost a conspiracy site but it's reputation was built upon it's members ability to sort the wheat from the chaff etc.
By and large that's an ability that sadly seems lacking at present.

All this does is descredit conspiracy theorists and deflects from genuine cases rthat fully deserve further investigation and increased publicity.

There are at least four known instances where at least six nuclear weapons / devices have been lost and still as of yet not been found.

I agree but most have posted what it COULD be used for IF it WERE true! This and a handful of blogs that picked it up all siting the same article is the only place I have found it my post as with some of the others are speculating on what it could be used for. Hell even if it is "missing" doesnt mean anything bad has happened (in the sense of the word as far as being misplaced for a later evil intention) it could be any number of normal equipment failur.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Its really only a matter of time before someone decides to use a nuke, i just cant see practically every country racing to get nuclear weapons if no one planned on ever using them.

And it really only takes one going missing or sold to the wrong people, and somehow i cant see that "never" happening.

I mean how much money would a nuke and stealth sub cost? Wouldnt one of the oil rich companies easily beable to afford this? Im sure there only waiting till they have so many nukes in so many countries all pointed at us then what could we do?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Exactly the same here mate, well I couldn't even get past the first page..

The first problem I have is this, 500Kt Hydrogen bomb? I doubt it. Every other device that uses fusion (which in every case is initiated by a fission reaction) is in the Megaton range.

The the OP describes NATO as desperately trying to track this sub. Germany is in NATO, for starters and this submarine isn't all that. It is a short ranged, diesel electric with some rather advanced fuel cell tech, but that's it. The Germans lost any lead they had on Sub design 70 years ago.

It could be easily tracked by the myriad of options available to NATO and the RN is the best ASW force in the world, it's what we spent the bulk of the Cold War doing. This sub would not be able to avoid NATO warships or subs no matter what, especially seeing as it would have to go through the Straights of Gibraltar to get to Israel, which is a total chokepoint.

The OP just reads like some sort of fantasy that someone has cobbled together because they read that Israel was getting one of these rather average subs, pimped them up a bit as "uber stealthy" then added some spice with a fictitious nuclear weapon.

In short, total bollocks and to be honest, it makes the lot of you who have believed it look rather gullible.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
[...]Just looked up a video that said the new Dolphin-class is "super-stealthy" and virtually undetectable. Doubtful to say the least..

Like the U32 Type 212A?

Allegedly the worlds quietest submarine.

Originally posted by stumason
The Germans lost any lead they had on Sub design 70 years ago.

That's probably why german subs are highly valued and selling well.
German egnineering lost lead...

edit on 3-5-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The report claims that it is somekinf of secret that Germany has Nukes. That is BS. Everyone knows that Germany has US Nukes stationed by the German Air Force on Büchel Air Base. Current Foreign Minister Westerwelle has initiated negotiations with the US to get them out because the population does not want them there. So its all very public and no secret. As for Subs loading these in Bremerhaven, the article delivers zero evidence.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

In Fuelcell mode the sub is undetectable, even a nuclear sub is easier to detect than this one. There have been several Nato War games involving this sub and non of the party's were able to detect it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I believe I may know where that missing bomb went...

Israel gets its fourth submarine from Germany capable of launching nuclear warheads

Israel on Thursday received its fourth German-made submarine capable of launching nuclear warheads, expanding a fleet that experts say could be used in an attack on Iran.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said that the submarine would increase Israel’s capabilities and strength “in the face of the growing regional challenges.”

The Dolphin-type military submarine is one of six Israel has ordered from Germany, which subsidizes the submarines. Each submarine costs half a billion dollars. The sub was presented to Israeli officials in Hamburg, Germany, on Thursday and is expected to arrive in Israel in 2013, following final tests.

Israel is already in possession of three other German-made Dolphin-class submarines capable of carrying nuclear-tipped missiles. However, there is no evidence that Israel has armed them with such weapons and the country has never confirmed reports that it possesses a nuclear arsenal.

Israel believes Iran is developing nuclear weapons and has hinted that it is ready to strike Iranian nuclear facilities to prevent Tehran from making an atomic bomb. Iran insists its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.

Iran and the international community are to resume negotiations about Tehran’s nuclear program later this month in Baghdad. Israel has welcomed the diplomatic effort but refuses to rule out the use of force, saying often that all options remain on the table. Military experts say the Dolphins could be deployed to the Gulf as part of an Israeli strike on Iran.

The sale of the submarines sparked criticism from German Nobel-winning author Guenter Grass, who in a recent poem blasted Israel’s alleged nuclear program. Alluding to the sale, Grass said the submarines were capable of firing “all-destroying” nuclear missiles into Iran.

Since Germany and Israel established diplomatic ties in 1965, Germany has become perhaps Israel’s strongest ally in Europe.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A "Dolphin" submarine went "missing," from Germany, loaded with a 500 kiloton hydrogen bomb. It was loaded on a submarine that is capable of launching nuclear warheads.

Israel has just stated, two hours ago, in a Washington Post article, that Israel has received a fourth submarine from Germany, a "Dolphin" class submarine...

Oh, the puzzle pieces are beginning to fit...

Israel is gearing to war, and Germany is one of Israel's strongest allies in protecting Israel from Iran.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Can we stop with all the armchair "experts" in this thread? Honestly?

For all the people calling BS on this story, how much real world experience do you really have?
I've worked on, tested and been in an E-2C Hawkeye (similar to the AWACS). Further that - I've worked on a multitude of electronics for many air frames, spent 13 years as an Aviation Electronics Technician.

AWACS DO have the capability to track multiple targets - especially if they can get a track on any type of signal originating from the sub (such as a tracking signal or any other type of electromagnetic emanation that leaves the surface of the water with enough signal strength).

You only need ASW (Anti-Submarine Warfare) detection when a subs running silent with no comms. Theoretically, if they knew the bearing of the sub when she left harbor an AWACS could fly around and passively detect any RF signals and trace them back. Just depends on bearing, range, and signal strength.

If the subs running with no comm's then we're talking about Passive/Active dipping sonar, MAD (Magnetic Anomaly Detection), Sonobouy's etc - typical ASW tactics to track her down.

Now that the technical details are out of the way - Those of you asking for official sources aren't going to get any.
If you think that the MSM (as biased and controlled as WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE) is going to report on a story of this magnitude - ie. the Germans lost a freaking nuclear weapon AND a submarine - then pass some of those drugs your using my way because I'd like to have some.

Fact of the matter is, if this is real - then it's most certainly classified.
If you want a little historical precedence - Tom Clancy's famous book "The Red Ocotober" was based on factual events. A Russian submarine really did defect to the United States, and she really did make it past our (at the time it was called) SOSA net surround Pearl Harbor. I have inside knowledge (from a family member who was an ASW officer on active duty) who can confirm this for me. The United States has still yet to release any classified material surrounding the situation.

Please don't assume something is fake because we don't have "Official" (read state sponsored media) telling you it is. Let's be smarter than that.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakedoctorjw

I agree but most have posted what it COULD be used for IF it WERE true!

Exactly.
All 'could', 'if' and 'were' and very little attempt at reasoned and critical thinking using data, fact and investigative process.

Of course there are times when it is acceptable and even necessary to make the odd assumption and 'what if', especially considering many of the topics under discussion here on ATS.

Until determining the accuracy, validity and identity of the what seems like a single and previously unknown source then this is just random speculation.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Israel gets 4th nuke-capable German submarine

Wonder if this is were that sub went to?? Both stories are talking about the same class sub. Nothing about a hydrogen bomb though.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh my God... why isn't this on the news? This should be breaking news all over.
I can't picture terrorists being able to pull off a sub-jacking, unless they're really high-tech terrorists.
Either way, this can't be good. That bomb is somewhere, with somebody...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join