It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's Roswell: UFO Crash at Aberystwyth Documentary.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just discovered this documentary on a case in which I'd never heard before. Apparently something crashed or malfunctioned over Wales in 1983, leaving debris scattered over a farmers fields.

On a dark winter's night in January 1983, the sleepy Welsh village of Llanilar near Aberystwyth was buzzed by a strange flying craft, which hit trees, scattered shiny metal debris over four fields and flew off apparently unaffected.

One farmer witnessed the debris and clean up operation; one national newspaper carried the story; one civilian investigation team made it to the site; one collection of strange metallic debris remains. Witness for the first time ever in graphic detail genuine pieces of a crashed UFO.

Mark Olly is an author, musician, historian, archeologist and lecturer. Best known for writing and presenting the ITV Granada/Sky History Channel's popular television series "Lost Treasures." Here he presents this first investigation in a series of internationally important hidden mysteries.

Apparently the RAF recovery team who were sent out were unable to identify the debris either, very mysterious indeed. Also of note, is that this event occurred in the same year as the Rendlesham Forest incident, possibly a coincidence, however it wouldn't be impossible for these events to be connected.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
FFS!!!!!! i LIVED in Llanilar from 1990 till 1996 and not a single flippin soul there told me about that!!! Or where it apparently came down geographically.. i know my way all around that area VERY well and didn't come across anything. Grrrrrr. Saw plenty of UFOs from there though

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, i will look at the video later.

I PM'd you op

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This is an old story now, known of it for years.

nice that it took place in wales, might put us on the map more lol.

happy to see it get some attention on ATS tho havent read anything
about it here yet.
gonna watch video now

edit on 2/5/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I cant post PM's to anyone but staff, does that go when i have my 20 posts? Sorry i thought i had pm you but dident

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by slaine1978
This is an old story now, known of it for years.

nice that it took place in wales, might put us on the map.

edit on 2/5/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

Corrected your post

Wales off the map

Cheers for the video OP, Il check it out in a moment.
edit on 2-5-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Interesting i diden't know they recoverd materials

i want one of those keyrings

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

no they need to correct it lol

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

yes after 20 posts

if that material collected is real this topic needs more flags for attention.
edit on 2/5/12 by slaine1978 because: none

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So the debris he has could be from a jet fighter albeit no jet fighter crashed or was reported missing, yet the green surface is an un-aerodynamic substance which hasn't been used on any jet fighter. Very strange indeed and I gotta say, the stuff he has, doesn't look like anything I've ever seen from a plane either.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

agreed and thats why this need's to be looked into further.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thanks for this. I, too, have never heard of this until now. A few interesting similarities to the Roswell case. It is strange this occurred the same year as the Rendlesham Forest incident. Definitely worth looking into.
I'm at work now so I can't watch the documentary but I will tonight and I'll post again once I've watched and done some looking. Very interesting indeed.
Star and Flag!!
TXML

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I managed to obtain an e-mail address and have sent a message for the attention of the host of this documentary, basically asking if anymore information surfaced regarding this case, will post back if I get anything.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I havent watched it all yet, and i may have misunderstood but, the researcher said he went back through the local papers 1 week before and 2 weeks after the date given and found no reference. The date he used was the 23 jan as written on the photocopied article, however, when Mark was reading from the copy he said something like " but after 2 weeks the riddle remains": surely this means that the incident happened at least a fortnight before the newspaper article was published and the researcher may not have gone back far enough to get any local news reports, there may even have been an explanation published locally and he missed it by using the date 23 jan. As i said i may have misunderstood this, but i'd rather they looked back a bit further.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The documentary is remarkably dull. It could have been condensed to a 10-minute running time. For the most part we are shown "travelogue" scenes of Wales. Fields, the sea, funfair at Rhyl, the village shop, more fields, crashing waves, the village post office, and on and on. The story is repeated to pad out and fit with the extensive travelogue footage. Towards the end we are shown samples of the debris that the owner keeps in an aluminium security case complete with handcuffs! A mildly interesting event spoiled by the alleged MIB encounter but a tedious documentary.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

is this the case in which a farmer took police men in his land rover to the site because it was hard to reach only for the police to be told over their radio to turn back?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
The documentary is remarkably dull. It could have been condensed to a 10-minute running time. For the most part we are shown "travelogue" scenes of Wales. Fields, the sea, funfair at Rhyl, the village shop, more fields, crashing waves, the village post office, and on and on. The story is repeated to pad out and fit with the extensive travelogue footage. Towards the end we are shown samples of the debris that the owner keeps in an aluminium security case complete with handcuffs! A mildly interesting event spoiled by the alleged MIB encounter but a tedious documentary.

Personal opinion noted, however I disagree and think there's a few interesting points about this case, notably the description of the crash site and of course the debris.

Originally posted by vister74

is this the case in which a farmer took police men in his land rover to the site because it was hard to reach only for the police to be told over their radio to turn back?

Think you're describing a different case.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Britain's Roswell, not flippin' Europe's.

As it was pre-1972, so shall it hopefully soon return.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just to clarify that (if it occurred at all) it did not occur at the same time as the Rendlesham Forest which was Dec 1980 nor should it be confused with the Berwyn Mountains case of Jan 1974 (in North Wales near to Llandrillo). Both are totally separate incidents and can be corroborated with documentation.

The original DVD of this documentary was released as a Region 1 format DVD for North America only. Not compatible with DVD players in the United Kingdom (Region 2) where the crash is supposed to have occurred. Which alerts my suspicion that this may be a fabricated story for whatever reason's the maker saw fit. That and the fact that it is not a case I have ever heard of nor able to find any information about. All net searches appear to lead back to this DVD/video.

Even the local researcher at University of Wales found no reference at all in local newspapers and is being interviewed, sitting in the library amongst the science fiction and fantasy section. Coincidence?

The journalist of the report that the whole documentary appear based on, Andrew Chapman, does appear to exist and have worked at the Sunday Express in 1983. But we do not hear or see him on film nor do we get a direct quote or even a shot of an e-mail from him.

The farmer, Irwel Evans, appears to still be listed as a farmer in Llanilar, near Abersytwyth. He also does not appear on the film. We don't even get see anything specific as to where the debris was found, no shots of the farmland or forest area. The farm belonging to Irwel Jones is I believe located in the postcode area of SY23 4SG in Wales. There are woods in the area but I am struggling to find a possible crash site where the tree line was damaged.

Finally the UFO fragments are shown but again we see no actual reports confirming these really have undergone tests. Nor do we know who conducted these tests.

Summing up that was one dull video with very little to convince me anything happened at all. I suspect it was produced for entertainment purposes only. And it failed there as well.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Thx for the correction on Rendlesham mate, lack of detail spottng on my part

At least one thing is for sure, this kind of incident has probably occurred somewhere on the planet at least once.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join