It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Chicago now under Martial Law? Evacuation and Blockade of Downtown Chicago!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I can't remember if it was in a thread on here or another site, but it warned residents in a nearby apartment complex to leave for the duration if they had somewhere else to go or hunker down and stay put until it was over. I'll have to check and see where I saw that.

But yeah, security is going to be EXTREMELY tight. Plus you'll have all those protesters too.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There's not going to be martial law. Period.

Calm your tits.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It seems like all the news surrounding the NATO summit has become a competition to see which news outlet can whip up the citizens into a frenzy the quickest. They are very aware that this is the top topic, so they will unearth whatever sensational "news" they can find that's even remotely associated with the summit.

I witnessed the helicopters. I have video of them. They were out for a few days doing different exercises and even in the cover of darkness pulling off their night moves. I would expect this to occur, but all the news surrounding it is making a big fat mountain out of a molehill.

Don't get me wrong. I do love me an apocalypse, but it's more fun when it's a surprise.

More interesting, I believe, is the pack of urban coyotes that were shreiking under my window last night....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As another thread just reported, the MSM would seem to be connecting the Afghan/NATO Status of forces agreement to the NATO Summit in Chicago. Now that puts it into a whole different ballgame if that is what their thinking is while planning out security for this event. It's a little more logical than Military backup for Occupy protesters. That was hitting a fly with a B-52 bomber.

Occupy may want to steer clear, after all. They could find themselves in a real REAL bad situation where they aren't even the point or the target but caught between the two sides on a larger fight.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
here is another source

As world leaders prepare to meet in the windy city for their annual NATO summit, U.S. federal officials are working feverishly to implement a security net so broad that it encompasses the entirety of Cook County, Illinois. While international summits are traditionally met with a larger police presence and preparations for the possibility of protests or rioting, what’s taking place on American soil in anticipation of the May 20 meeting in downtown Chicago can be interpreted in only one way – the implementation of regionalized martial law.

Last week Red Cross officials reported that the City of Chicago, Department of Homeland Security and the Secret Service had instructed them to prepare for a mass evacuation of the city in the event of an emergency during the NATO summit. The Red Cross was to prepare to shelter and feed residents in the event of such an evacuation.

That´s allot of people that will be affected. Cook country has millions of inhabitants. Half the population of Illinois!. That is way too many people to just organize. Martial law for Americans numbering in the millions. Who would have thought. Just over a meeting.

cook county....Population, 2010 ----- 5,194,675

quickfacts.census.gov...

www.shtfplan.com... uation-planning-underway_04302012

edit on 2-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This is pretty bad. They wouldn't just mobilize that much equipment and people for nothing. Test or no test. This is what it is.

Imagine if they locked up Manhattan today....exact same thing.

Detention Centers

It’s been reported by the local media, that Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is devising a strategy to deal with large-scale mass arrests during the NATO Summit meeting. In fact, the Chicago Sun Times is reporting that the once abandoned Joliet State Prison may be reopened as a mass detention center for NATO.

Joliet prison is about 40 miles from Chicago and can hold about 1,300 prisoners. The Sheriff is also reportedly looking at building tents in the yard at Cook County Jail.

Militarized Red Zone

Starting May 1st, a full three weeks before the NATO Summit, the Federal Government will be setting up a Militarized Red Zone in the streets of Downtown Chicago.

In a Chicago Sun Time Article:

The head of Chicago’s NATO Host Committee said Thursday she was blindsided by the federal government’s decision to create a militarized “Red Zone” in the Loop to protect federal buildings in the run-up to the May 20-21 summit at McCormick Place.

The news of federal agents on the streets of Chicago isn’t sitting well with many. From last months urban warfare drills, to residents being warned of possible citywide evacuations, the city of Chicago is starting to look like a city that may already be under martial law.

Via Off Grid Survival

offgridsurvival.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
here is another source

As world leaders prepare to meet in the windy city for their annual NATO summit, U.S. federal officials are working feverishly to implement a security net so broad that it encompasses the entirety of Cook County, Illinois. While international summits are traditionally met with a larger police presence and preparations for the possibility of protests or rioting, what’s taking place on American soil in anticipation of the May 20 meeting in downtown Chicago can be interpreted in only one way – the implementation of regionalized martial law.

Last week Red Cross officials reported that the City of Chicago, Department of Homeland Security and the Secret Service had instructed them to prepare for a mass evacuation of the city in the event of an emergency during the NATO summit. The Red Cross was to prepare to shelter and feed residents in the event of such an evacuation.

That´s allot of people that will be affected. Cook country has millions of inhabitants. Half the population of Illinois!. That is way too many people to just organize. Martial law for Americans numbering in the millions. Who would have thought. Just over a meeting.

cook county....Population, 2010 ----- 5,194,675

quickfacts.census.gov...

In another thread, it was about the N.G. soldiers practicing in the neighborhood.
Well, if security is tight and mayhem does take over [which I hope not] then they might need to call in extra help such as National Guard. Hence maybe why they were practicing.

You are talking about leaders from all over in Chicago, of all places, so yeah, I can see why all the police/military/secret service etc... plus the other security for the other leaders.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

OK lets think about this for a minute. Is Cook County Jail at capacity or will they need other facilities?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I am not going off topic here....but have you seen the security arrangements for the London Olympics? Thousands of your CIA boys, Royal Navy battleship on the Thames, missiles being placed on top of high rise buildings (WTF!
) and all that security fencing...and all that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Now I mention this because......could all this carry on in Chicago be the forerunner to what we will see happening all over the world at major cities? So bit by bit, but certainly speeding up, military presence and surveillance and more importantly big brother control of the masses, just becomes the accepted norm? Look at the May day marches yesterday in Europe...especially Spain and Italy...these are what tptb measure what the general public are capable of.

I appreciate that Chicago on its own is a scarry prospect...but look at the bigger picture....it's happening at the London Olympics...1984 is just around the corner I fear.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I found this too

Black Helicopters and Heavily Armed Soldiers Conduct Drills In Downtown Chicago As Preparation for NATO Summit Confrontations Continue

In a shocking display of the police state and the creeping push towards actual martial law, heavily armed military officers in black helicopters swooped through downtown Chicago in what was billed as a routine military exercise.

Up to three Blackhawk Helicopters flew in formation and separately around downtown office buildings and apartments for at least three hours.

A report by the local Chicago Fox affiliate was surprisingly unconvinced by the military’s claims that these exercises had nothing to do with the upcoming NATO Summit:

The city’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications on Monday announced that Chicago is the site of a military training exercise this week involving personnel and at least three helicopters.

But the bland press release from City Hall did nothing to prepare folks for the jarring scene that unfolded Monday evening.

“It was frightening,” Jessica Hill said. “I was definitely alarmed.”

At least three Blackhawk helicopters flying at time in close order formation – at other times separating fairly widely – zoomed around office and residential towers for several hours.

“I was pretty amazed,” Felise Llano said, “because they were definitely military.”

theintelhub.com... ontations-continue/

As the local Fox News affiliated heavily hinted in their news report, these military urban warfare exercises were most likely in preparation for the upcoming NATO Summit as well as overall military training to take on the American people.

The preparations for a confrontation in Chicago have gone into hyper drive with the Secret Service releasing a “shopping list” of weapons and barriers they need for security at the NATO Summit while conveniently denying protesters their first amendment protected right to protest.

The Chicago Sun Times recently published an article describing the things the Secret Service is current seeking which include
■Portable high security barriers
■Crowd control barriers
■10-12 portable light towers
■Sandbags, port-a-potties
■Mobile offices
■5-10 golf carts

That list is just strange.

Those are Apache helicopters, not Blackhawks.

Oops, I watched on a very little screen, those are Blackhawks indeed, sorry.
edit on 2-5-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Kinda reminds me of Star Wars (bear with me, this is relevant). The Emperor put sanctions and sent troops to his own home planet to cover up any trace that he had once been the Senator from that planet.

Could this be a lead up from the Obama administration for something much bigger? I hate to make the comparison to fantasy, but there were many parallel socio-political events between that movie and what looks like is happening in Chicago. Of course, the comparisons were more closely related to Bush part deux's administration, but some things could still apply.

I'm really shocked that the city council and the mayor of Chicago had no idea that this was going to happen. Sounds like an overstepping of bounds to me. Couldn't they just hold the NATO summit in neutral waters somewhere out in the Atlantic, with a heavy naval presence instead of flying attack choppers in between skyscrapers in Chicago and stationing government pig-cops all over downtown?

I'm personally awaiting a false flag. Almost seems like it's very likely at this point.

-TS

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

After reading about reports of missile defense systems on top of tower blocks for the Olympics and now this evacuation plan in Chicago i'm thinking that either the Authorities are preparing for something big to go down and they havnt found the potential terrorist/s yet or its going to be something that the Authorities et off themselves.... and i just read another post about 'experimentation' of bio sensors in a New York subway station!!

Seriously, i think i am becoming more paranoid being a member of ATS

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey,remember that song? BombBombBomb Bomb Iran,?
What if scenario.........NATO is the alliance Iran is stacked up against.....
How about a nuclear or huge explosion in Chicago?
This causes two things......The country goes into virtual lock down (matial law)and the Iranis get the blame......
Bingo quick as you can say NWO, we have it.......right along with WW3.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm extremely interested and concerned about this particular situation because even though I live in the Rockies, ALL of my family lives in Illinois, about 45 minutes from downtown Chicago. I just don't understand how in the world they can even expect to have protestors, considering the law put into place late last year (I believe) discussing how protesting near the perimeter and crossing over would lead to harsh legal consequences. I did find this on the local news there:

chicago.cbslocal.com...

For those of you not from the Chicago area, it seems that using the old Joliet prison for detaining arrested protestors seems like a place far enough away to make the idea ridiculous. They're expecting to arrest thousands of protestors. I know it mentions CC jail at capacity and the like, but c'mon... really? It is articles like this and statements as to the reason why that provide fodder for conspiracy theorists to drum up thoughts of detainment camps and the like. If the "holding cells" during the DNC in Denver sparked such outrage, surely this canot pass by without a second glance.

WIth this, the Milwaukee Red Cross' involvement and everything else going down there, it seems like Chicago may not be the place to be any where near in May. And why, WHY would the Milwaukee Red Cross be involved? Why not the Chicago Red Cross or even somewhere else in IL or IN? Why so far away, are they expecting an extreme situation that would make it impossible? If so, what? When the whole coordinator of NATO in Chicago had no idea about some of the things going on, such as the militarized "Red Zone" and the like, the unannounced military urban drills a couple of weeks ago, no wonder people are scared. The way the whole thing is worded, with the possibility of evacuations, are they expecting dirty bombs or something? To me, it seems ridiculous to have moved this thing to Chicago in the first place, let alone keep it there if there is this much concern, when the G8 was moved to Camp David for the same reasons. No wonder people keep crying about staged events, false flags, New Madrid quakes, etc. This seems to be the strangest situation.

ETA: couriernews.suntimes.com...

"Sources said the Chicago Police Department plans to separate men and women arrested for less serious offenses. Men will be taken to Area North at Belmont and Western, which has a bond court and a capacity to hold up to 300 prisoners.

If that fills up, sources said overflow males arrested for minor offenses will be taken to Grand and Central, home of the 25th District and Area North Bureau of Patrol, with a capacity of up to 200.

Women will be taken to an undisclosed location somewhere on the South Side, sources said."
Why won't they disclose where the women will be going? Don't know why that bothers me, but it does.

edit on 2-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You know, this happens every time they have a major summit in or near a major city.

Not saying it's not news. I just wonder if some of you have memories.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Apparently these people are not ok to be in charge and should be given their walking papers.

Does a single one of them understand what happens when 9 million evacuees take a dump and pee twice in a day?

Do they even have a clue what the volume of food and water for an evac that size? Let alone housing, showers etc.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
You know, this happens every time they have a major summit in or near a major city.

Not saying it's not news. I just wonder if some of you have memories.

Okay, then why, for the first time ever, hold it outside of DC when it has never been in any other US city, in order to coincide with the G8 for the first time ever, with the G8 to be moved to Camp David because of the same fears as with NATO? Makes no sense to have NATO in Chicago if the only reason to have it there, the official reason, was to coincide with the G8. The whole thing is odd. Yes, people protests summits and there is security, but this is a whole 'nother animal.

I'm sure the Olympics have always had a measure of security as well, but the UK press is making a huge deal about the rooftop missiles or some such, freaking out that country's populace, and they've been preparing for that for a while.

Remembering that in general, yes there is security, is one thing, but the whole reason people are freaking out is because people don't remember such odd circumstances before, coming with or without media sensationalism. I would think that logic would dictate that to move the original summit place for the G8 because of outrageous security fears, then move the other, too. Maybe logistics don't allow for that in the amount of time left, but to militarize an entire city in one way or another and put seemingly threatening warning messages out into the public sphere about "situations" and "evacuations" is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
Yes, people protests summits and there is security, but this is a whole 'nother animal.

Is it?

How? Toronto spent a BILLION dollars on security at the last g20 meeting.

The US Government used post 9-11 security funding (DHS) to turn Miami into a war zone in 2003 for the FTAA meeting, including helicopters and assault vehicles and notices to locals to stay in their homes or leave the area.

The same happened in Pittsburgh a few years ago.

I really dont see how this is all that different.

www.world-crisis.com...

www.propagandamatrix.com...

dsco1.tripod.com...

edit on 2-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: add pics

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since Occupy is so down for the people they should just go march in any of Chicago's many ethnic neighborhoods.

Its always good to support small family owned businesses.

they should do their thing over on South Stoney Island...

or even better yet, march over on 63rd and Halsted and build your camps.
edit on 2-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"May 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- More details about the security measures that will be in place in Chicago during the NATO Summit are coming to light Wednesday.

President Barack Obama and other world leaders will be in town for the Summit Sunday, May 20, and there is news that a no-fly zone will be put into place around Chicago one day before.

no-fly zone is part of a larger plan to tighten security in the city. Typically, when the president comes to visit, the FAA places a no-fly zone around the city, and that will be the case again. It will include a primary outer ring extending more than 30 miles from downtown and a secondary layer of secure airspace covering 10 miles surrounding McCormick Place and the Loop.

According to an FAA bulletin, aircrafts that enter into the no-fly zone will be intercepted."

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8644746

Other news agencies, including local Chi ones, and even Yahoo! are phrasing it differently, calling it "Shoot to Kill", saying that they will shoot down anything that comes within the restricted airspace with lethal force.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

Is it normal to have a large area restricted for this sort of thing? I really don't know, which is why I'm asking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join