It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama addresses the camera, no troops allowed!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Did anyone else raise an eyebrow at the "War is coming home" comment?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I revise my statement upon seeing pictures that give an impression of 3dimensions, no green screen.

edit on 2-5-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Destinyone

is it just me or is that not the normal way to display a flag? it looks like it might be backwards? or is that just the angle? is not a improperly hung or displayed flag a sign of distress and or an occupied base (soruce black sheep tv show on the history channel where theire base was occupied by japanese so they hung the flag backwards to let pilots know not to land?)

The flag is hung correctly, awkward as it may appear. Stars go to the left (from the viewer's perspective) when hung like that.

Source: www.proadvance.com...

Cheers,
Cody

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yeah buddy, I guess we better run out an vote for Mitt Obamney!

We need real leaders not more plastic men! Vote for liberty, folks!
edit on 2-5-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Looks like a Banana Republic storefront. Anybody remember how they had the jeep in the window for window dressing?
This has been the Banana Republic presidency anyway, so appropriate. He may be afraid of the troops because he knows a lot of true Americans know what he is. I mean when his head of Homeland Sec declares that anyone stocking up on food and ammo is a danger to the Homeland, and declares returning vets to be dangerous, you know something is off.
edit on 2-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by MrRichards
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Is any body bothered that Obama's administration has been in direct communication with the Taliban?

I was under the assumption that the Taliban was to blame for 911 and that is why we were at war with them in Afghanistan? Or is my MSM just playing tricks on me?

the taliban are a part of the afghani natives... and some of them were assisting, or maybe forced under penalty of death, to help al qaeda in there war against the west. alot of the afghanis are ruled by fear, starvation, religion, or money...or a combination thereof. a primative and harsh enviorment make for a primative and harsh life.

link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

One word.
Yes.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

No it is not a green screen. That is netting draped behind the vehicles that you are confusing for pixelation. If you look at the begining of the video, upper right hand corner, you see an out of focus area.

Secondly the speech was given at 4AM Afghanistan time. Why would he require or need to assemble troops at that hour? He had already spent the day visiting with them.

Just sayin...reality check.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well true. But were not the men that carried out the attacks, Afagan nationals that were in the Taliban? Osama being one as well ?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Destinyone

is it just me or is that not the normal way to display a flag? it looks like it might be backwards? or is that just the angle? is not a improperly hung or displayed flag a sign of distress and or an occupied base (soruce black sheep tv show on the history channel where theire base was occupied by japanese so they hung the flag backwards to let pilots know not to land?)

The flag is hung correctly, awkward as it may appear. Stars go to the left (from the viewer's perspective) when hung like that.

Source: www.proadvance.com...

Cheers,
Cody

Thank You Cody, for your polite and informative reply. We did find that out a few posts later in this thread. But, your reply was respectful, and friendly. I Star you for that.

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
It is a green screen. The way he approaches and leaves gives it away. It is supposed to be open air but super POTUS does not have to brush one fly away. So, where the hell is he.

Not open air...he broadcast from a enclosed storage facility...hanger.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Make vid larger and you will notice there is also no weapon (50 cal) on the vehicle. They are NEVER removed. And yes, it is a green screen.

I call fake and foul...Wag the Dog, anyone?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I just remembered, he wasn't too well received by the troops last time he went for a visit, so maybe he and his komrades are just avoiding the uncomfortable atmosphere....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

During the presidential address, troops were not allowed to be in the same area as the president.

Implying he was afraid to be present in front of the troops? He addressed a huge number of troops, and shook hands with a crowd of them. Go ahead and tell me this was green screen!

Don't bother with evidence...not that kind of thread

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Cripe......... I just wasted almost eleven minutes of my life on this (you fill in the name) and I'll never get it back. Do you get the feeling that every time you listen to this guy, you are being lied to or scammed? I wish he'd get hit by lightning or fall in a volcano or something, just go away, I certainly don't want to go through another four years, it would be unbearable, literally, and we all would end up a whole lot less free.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Honestly, I did not see this vid before I saw the other one at the podium. But I still maintain that he does not feel safe with his own troops due to the actions of his DHS declaring returning vets to be dangerous. Then there was the whole McCrystal episode as well.

But.... did he say that "folks back home" "don't always appreciate what's going on"? Another snub to the American people who pay his salary.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is NOT a green or blue screen. This video doesn't show him leaving all the way. I watched the speech live last night, and at first I thought it was a fake background. But, when he walks away, he walks between the two trucks, which isn't shown in the video posted here.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hmm, no troops allowed, OP?

Straight from Army.mil:
President Obama thanks service members in Afghanistan

Here's what I really don't get about posts like this - Consider first this fact: Obama was at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan. Bagram Air Field has loads of military vehicles. In even takes the occasional mortar round from Taliban insurgents in the area. So it's an active base, loaded with military personnel and military vehicles. Any disputes yet? No? So moving on, we have the OP claiming that Obama then used green screen to fake being in front of military vehicles. And WHY would he have to fake being there when HE WAS ACTUALLY THERE?

Clearly not a case of "green screen" and clearly not a case of "no troops allowed" - but a big case of idiocy. And from the right-wingers, a big case of hypocrisy.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What the public is told and what the troops know are two very different things. Back when he announced the death of Osama Bin Laden, some troops in Afghanistan were videotaped and their response was well... seemingly no response at all. That shouldn't surprise anyone. They knew then as now that his death meant little to their stay in country. OBL was/is not why we are there. They knew that then and they know that now.

edit on 2-5-2012 by intrptr because: deletion

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Great...now here is just sampling of the posts amassing stars from just the first page.

Now that you have compeltely debunked the claim...how many will admit it and "deny ignorance"?

Originally posted by jollyjollyjolly
troops were not allowed to be in the same area as the president.

Originally posted by ZeroReady

That is definitely a green screen

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Yeah...just rewatched it...not right...I am calling a fake on this....faker faker!

I think he is afraid of the troops....or doesn't want to get heckled?

Originally posted by pheonix358
It is a green screen. The way he approaches and leaves gives it away. It is supposed to be open air but super POTUS does not have to brush one fly away.

Originally posted by Manhater

OMG if anybody believes that is real, They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fooled. Just the 2 seconds of the video you can tell it's a backdrop.....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join