It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama addresses the camera, no troops allowed!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
Obama is a great president. Most troops I know and those who my friends know love OBAMA.

Obama has proven to be a leader through his actions.

Most soldiers respect him.

And the soldiers love him.

Actually that's not really true at all.
As a recently discharged Marine I can tell you hardly anyone likes Obama, and that most of the troops at his speeches are commanded to be there.
edit on 5-2-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Look at Virginia a big military state!! Obama leads Mittens Romney by 9 pts in Virginia

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

There is no 60 Hz light flickering and it seems unsual when the camera zooms in and therefore I am concluding greenscreen as well.

While he may certainly be in Afghanistan, the actual location may be secret for security reasons which I can understand.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by ZeroReady

Few things I noticed about that video:

1) the audio (reverb) sounds like they are in a large room like a hangar or some similar large enclosed building
2) the lighting changes from very bright at the beginning to much dimmer toward the end, this possibly indicating it was filmed outside, which would make (1) rather improbable.
3) the entrance and exit seem really awkward for some reason...
4) if you follow the presidents shadow when he starts to walk away it does appear as if he is legitimately "there"...

This video does seem a bit odd, but I can't quite put my finger on exactly why.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

I also noticed the lighting change and toward the end the shadow change to. Personally I just think it is better cameras to record a media enthralled president...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Please don't call him Mittens it is WILLARD Romney and I want everyone to remember it is WILLARD the RAT Romney...
edit on 2-5-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
It was obviously for Security. There is a remote chance that a "stressed out" US soldier could open fire on him (altho they certainly could have been checked as to ID and for weapons) but a greater chance that some Afghan soldier might dress in a USA uniform and slip in with a weapon and attempt to assassinate the POTUS. I cant blame his security detail for that precaution.

So right. Apparently someone in the Afghan government leaked inofrmation about the POTUS visit before he got there.

US News - Advance report of Obama's Afghanistan trip raises new security concerns

So it doesn't surprise me at all that there were extra security measures put in place and restrictions on potential exposure.

Of course some will continue to call him a coward... but if you ask me, he clanks when he walks.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Darn it Republicans were hoping someone would take out Obama

So much for being a patriot...............

Am I right Republicons???

You were hoping Obama would get taken out like Ted Nugent gave you the order to do.

Its amazing nowdays REPUBLICONS are rooting for the ENEMY

WOW
edit on 2-5-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Look at Virginia a big military state!! Obama leads Mittens Romney by 9 pts in Virginia

That doesn't prove anything.

I am telling you from personal experience. If you don't want to take my word, that's cool. Don't really care. Was just letting you know so you don't buy into the propaganda photographs.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Bullcrap:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

That doesn't prove anything.

I am telling you from personal experience. If you don't want to take my word, that's cool. Don't really care. Was just letting you know so you don't buy into the propaganda photographs. [/quote

I give you the facts of the matter! The statistics.

Just because you and 1 other military friend don't like Obama does not mean didley squat to the over all picture.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I give you the facts and the statistics.

You and 1 other friend in your unit can dislike Obama but that is just you and 1 other person.

I guarantee you they will not vote for MITTENS who will send them back to Iraq again to die again.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Can't help noticing that nobody has a gun in these pics !

As you say a fully active base, yet no visible weapons, the point can be argued that the Executive do not trust their armed forces.

They don't bring guns to the mess halls, they don't bring guns to a speech commanding officers or the President. They are soldiers, not cowboys and you watch too much TV if you think that troops bring thier guns to such events.

McCrystal...where are the guns??...

Well at least not in YOUR Army !

We prefer to be armed at ALL times when in a Combat Zone, speech or no goddam speech.

At least the Taliban now know, when US forces are having chow time or a meeting/speech from who-ever, that they are vulnerable and completely un-armed.....Epic !

Who thought that up ?
hmmm Top Brass and Execs perhaps.

You can be trusted in the battlefield, just not when you're having dinner or listening to a nice speech.

Of course you're not Cowboys, Cowboys would kick yer ass while your putting down your weapons and taking up knives and forks for your ever so polite dinner, tell me do you wear napkins ?

Cosmic..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

I give you the facts and the statistics.

You and 1 other friend in your unit can dislike Obama but that is just you and 1 other person.

I guarantee you they will not vote for MITTENS who will send them back to Iraq again to die again.

You gave me the statistics of the state. That has nothing to do with the opinion of members of the military.
And you're right, a lot of them don't like Romney either. Most are backers of Ron Paul.

Why do you think Paul has the most donations from military service members than any other candidate?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Regardless of whether this was on a green screen, since no one will address the obvious, I will. Who one the war in Afghanistan, because that is what this speech was all about. I submit that the international drug trafficking operation in Afghanistan, to include Hamid Karzai's brother Wali, are the victors, considering that as late as 2009, heroin production was up 3,143% compared to 2001.

The Taliban, dismissed by Vice President Dick Cheney in 2002 as "out of business, permanently," is back in force. Part of that strength comes from a drug trade that has skyrocketed from 185 metric tons of heroin produced in 2001 to more than 6,000 metric tons this year, according to the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime. But a larger reason for the Taliban expansion is a widespread and growing frustration with a corrupt, inefficient government.

www.time.com...

Lets not forget that Wali Karzai was a CIA asset, as reported by the NY Times. Given the fact that the US controls the airspace over Afghanistan, I'd be shocked (not) if drugs never ended up on a US aircraft.

The claim that Ahmed Wali Karzai has been on the payroll of the CIA for the past eight years, as reported in the New York Times on Tuesday, won't come as a surprise to most Afghans, who have long considered his brother, Afghan President Hamid Karzai, to be an American puppet. The revamped allegations that Karzai frère is deeply involved in Afghanistan's annual $4 billion drug industry isn't much of a shocker either — on the streets of Kabul and Kandahar, the name Wali has long been synonymous with someone who can get away with a crime because he has friends in the right places.

Afghanistan has also become the number one producer of marijuana. The US war in Afghanistan turned the place into the worlds leading producer of narcotics.

Long the world's largest producer of opium, the raw ingredient of heroin, Afghanistan has now become the top supplier of cannabis, with large-scale cultivation in half of its provinces, the United Nations said on Wednesday.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 2-5-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Please use WILLARD or the proper WILLARD THE RAT Romney. Mittens does not sound like a greedy grubbing ultra Vulture capitalist millionaire who will ensure the middle class is no longer!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

That is definitely a green screen

Prove it.
He is in Afganistan. What about this makes you think its a green screen Or any color screen ? Show me what you see.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Not open air. In a hanger or warehouse or other large building.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
sss
edit on 2-5-2012 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Do you get bothered by flies every time you go outside? It sounds like it a given with you. If the Pressident doesnt brush away a fly then he cant be outside. You must live in a very buggy area. I dont have to brush flies away every time I go outdoors.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

What makes people think he's afraid of the troops? Come on, are you all going crazy? How does anyone know the troops were disarmed ? What are we going by that says the troops were disarmed for this visit? The post earlier that said, I bet..... because that was just that guys feelings, his opinion. Where is the outside source that says this happened ?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No point trying to make rational appeals in here kiddo.....It's bat country!

(Ask me how I know!
)
edit on 2-5-2012 by squarehead666 because: 2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join