It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens When You Burglarize Marines.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Jacksonville can be a dangerous place at times. I lived in that town for four years and there was always alot of crime. I'm glad these Marines weren't killed. If they had not of acted when they did they might have been killed. It's too bad that they fight in these unjust wars and then come home to face things like these.

Source

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. - After nearly two weeks of investigation by the Jacksonville Police Department into an attempted burglary that left two men dead, Onslow County District Attorney Ernie Lee announced this morning that charges will not be filed against the shooters.

The two men were shot during an attempted burglary of the house, after being surprised by the residents, as they returned home. The burglars held them at gun point and threatened to kill them.

According to Lee, the Marine grabbed for the gun when Skinner looked away and a struggle for the weapon followed.

"The Marine resident was able to kick Skinner and free the shotgun from Skinner's grip. Skinner came at the Marine resident who was on the floor and the Marine resident two times.

The Marine resident then found Everette struggling with another Marine who was a guest in the home and shot Everette once in the rear end.
The whole altercation happened within 15 minutes, Jacksonville Police arrived on the scene at 1:55 am to find Skinner and Everette dead in the home.

"Based upon my review of the facts of this case, the occupants of the residence were justified in using deadly force against both everette and skinner because the actions of everette and skinner caused the occupants to reasonably believe it necessary to use deadly force to protect their lives."

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Once someone breaks and enters or enter unlawfully, that same person May never be found justified for any reason. You may not enter the home of another to commit crime.....not ever.

Good for those residents. Marine or not makes no difference.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
These are not the actions of inexperienced perps. They surely must have robbed others using similar methods.

This time they picked the wrong guys, and now they're sitting on the heavenly Group W bench awaiting their fate....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
CASTLE DEFENSE
COMMON SENSE!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Those were some brave, tough marines. To gain control of the situation like that is heroic. I knew a marine who was killed in the opposite way, he was thought to be the burglar in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thats if the guys were armed in the first place. A shotgun is rather a bulky item to be taking on a burglary dont you think?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This Is What Happens When You Burglarize Marines

No, this is what happenes when you burglarize someone who refuses to be a victim.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Thats if the guys were armed in the first place. A shotgun is rather a bulky item to be taking on a burglary dont you think?

I'm guessing that the shotgun belonged to the owner. At least this wasn't a case of 'homeowner killed with his own firearm.' My firearms stay highly secure for this reason. I keep one unlocked and close by when I sleep but the rest of the time they are locked up tight. Who knows how the situation would have transpired had the weapon not been in play.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

This Is What Happens When You Burglarize Marines

No, this is what happenes when you burglarize someone who refuses to be a victim.

Well that too. Somehow I bet his training enabled him to act more swiftly when others wouldn't though.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

No offense but the story seems a bit off to me. If someone had taken a shotgun off you after you had threatened to kill them would you then try to attack them..twice?

It might have happened the way the soldiers described but i always get suspicious when i here of killings that involve soldiers like that. It would not surprise me if they had broken in and the soldiers caught them, killed them and made up a convenient story that made the whole thing a legal killing or at least make it seem like they had no choice nut to defend themselves with deadly force.

Im sure a lot of people would say either way 'serves them right for breaking in' which may be true but i think the whole story sounds borderline far fetched. I mean if someone was shot in the ass they could just as easily been trying to escape at the time.

edit on 30-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join