It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's share ghost stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I thought I'd share an experience...
Sometime back, I used to stay at the old Sea View Inn and golf course near Atlantic City, NJ. It's a great old hotel and golf course build by some rich industrialist to provide a place for him and his buddies to play golf. I think it was like 1910. One of the US Opens was played there I think before WWII. It turned out to be the place to go in the 30's. Movie stars, gangsters, etc. Great wide hall ways, wood floors. Beautiful place!
So, I've always felt the place was haunted. Not in a bad way but haunted non the less. So one night while at the Sea View, I went over and visited some friends who were all staying at the more modern Villa's a short walk from the Sea View. After sometime, I decided to go back to hotel for sleep. I was planning on logging into the net before sleep to check emails, etc. So I needed a key bob that provides a changing, random number to log into the secure net I was using at the time. Looked in my briefcase, no key chain (where I kept the key bob). I looked EVERYWHERE... Searched my bags, clothes, medicine kit, everywhere. I even called down to where I was recently visiting and had my friends look around. No keys. At the time, I used ear plugs during sleep and I do remember hearing bumps and some muffled bangs (ear plugs) during the night. When I woke the next morning, I was thinking about the hassle I was up for replacing my key bob and personal keys. I looked down at my briefcase and they there were, sitting right out on my bag. Ok, so you might think I was sleep walking or just don't remember but I assure you, that doesn't happen to me, not in the past, and not since then. I did look up and said "Thank you" out loud to whom ever was playing with me and checked out.
I did ask the attendant while checking out about strange activity and she shared this. She said one man always checked into the same room. Stayed there on and off for years. One night, he'd gone through is routine filling a glass of water and drinking it during the evening news before turning off the lights and going to sleep. The next morning, the glass was filled to brim with water. It couldn't be moved without spilling. He checked out and never came back.
Anyway, great hotel. Highly recommended...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My grandparents house is haunted. When my aunts and uncles were kids they used a Ouija board to find out the name of the ghost, Mr. Michaels. They told my grandfather and he said Mr. Michaels was the man who built the house he was found dead laying in one of the upstairs rooms.(my aunts room I believe).My aunts tell stories of the foot of their bed sinking down on one side as if someone just sat down and the most common occurance of the fllor boards creaking as if someone was walking on them. My uncle has many stories most of the time he would see him rocking in the chair in his room. He also recalls mr. Michaels standing up walking over to his bed and slapping him in the face(one of the more comedic stories) his most interesting one is he was woken up in the middle of the night by old music blasting from outside I assume this was the 70's and the music he heard was from the 20's. He walked to his window and what he saw was his street but it was his street from fifty years prior all the cars homes street lamps sidewalks everything was from another time.

My aunt was in a car accident in which she died, twice on the way to the hospital but they saved her somehow. You hear things about when this happens you become more spirtually aware. She told me that there's actually 2 ghosts in the house one is a little girl from the family before ours, her parents were ashamed of her for whatever reason but that made her soul restless and un able to leave apparently.

There's so many just from my aunts/uncles and grandfather. Ok before I get my story my aunt that had the NDE she passed away last year and every so often my grandfather goes upstairs and for some reason her light is switched on in the room she had as a kid. Ok there's dozens of more stories especially from my grandfather ill just get to mine.

My first ghost experience I was early teens probably 13, I was sleeping over their house for the night. A bed was layed out for me upstairs. My grandparents were sleeping already, all I had to do to reach the stairs was to cross the dining room. For whatever reason when I tried to do this I was frozen in fear I couldn't cross the dining room. Nothing had happened I just couldn't move forward something was causing extreme fear in me so I ended up sleeping on the couch.

2 years later I stayed again I was a cool 15year old with an authentic $10 ninja sword I brought with me to show off. My grandmother set up blankets and pillows on the living room floor for me. That night they went to bed first again then finally I tried to go on the blankets she set up. The second I turned the tv off and closed my eyes I felt someone walk on one side of me then by my feet then around the other side. I opened my eyes and saw nothing, I was getting pretty scared at this point. A few minutes later I felt through floor vibrations someone walking over to the air conditioner I was staring at the 72 digital thermometer on it when I heard this loud noise it was as if someone was rubbing their fingers up and down the grates of the AC really hard. It was so loud I thought my grandparents were going to wake up and yell at me. I was terrified and my heart was racing my only comfort was grabbing a hold of my ninja sword I squeezed the handle so tight it was the only thing that kept my heart undercontrol. In the morning my grandparents said they heard nothing.

When I was 18 I stayed the night after failing a lifeguard test I went right upstairs layed on the bed my father used to sleep on. My uncle was supposed to be staying the night as well. My grandparents room is downstairs. I assumed my uncle was already there it was midnight so I locked the front door. Well anyway I heard someone walking across the floorboards it was pretty cool I wasn't afraid at this age I thought it was fascinating that clearly audibly someone it walking around up here but I don't see anything. Then I heard soemone sneeze in the room next to me I assumed it was my uncle. 20 mins later I hear ppl walking around outside I look and its my uncle I locked him out he didn't even arrive yet

I have 10 cousins around my age that stay in the house all at different times of the year because they live all over. It wasn't until I was 18 I mentioned my ghost experience to them while we were all together..I thought they'd make fun of me but to our amazement we all had some sort of experience with Mr. Michaels

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have this posted in my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was 6 years old when this happened. I was at my cousin's house spending the night. It was just turning dusk, and my two cousins and I were outside. I was getting ready to show them how to turn a cartwheel on their sidewalk. As I started to get in position with my hands over my head, I looked at the corner of her house and saw a light misty figure standing there. I about fell trying to get traction to run! I went through the front door as fast as I could, my cousins right behind me. They didn't know what was wrong, but I guess my scream and running told all they needed to know. LOL When we were inside I told them there was a ghost at the corner of the house then we went through the house closing windows and locking them (like that would keep the ghost out, right?) then we went to the bedroom where my aunt was sewing on her machine. We told her there was a ghost, but she didn't pay us any attention. Basically, she told us to leave her alone so she could finish her project. When we went back into the living room every window was opened all the way.... that freaked us out because no one else was there but us!! From that day on the ghost was either at my cousin's house, or at my house; it took turns with us. It would open my closet door in my bedroom, scratch from head to foot on my iron bed rails, and once it took a hold of my ankles and pulled me down toward the foot of the bed. I felt hands around my ankles, but didn't see anything.
It only did things when I was alone, so trying to convince my other family members there was a ghost after me was a wasted effort. I had to go through my entire childhood being terrified with no one to give me support but my cousin. At least we could talk to each other about it.
It showed itself to me one day when I was home alone. I was probably 12 or 13 years old. It turned on the stereo to let me know it was with me. As I walked over to turn it off I looked toward the hallway, and there it stood looking at me. I just very calmly walked out of the house and waited for someone to come home before going back inside. I always got goose bumps, and the strangest feeling when it was there. I was 14 before it finally started showing up less. The last time it did anything I was 22 years old. Haven't seen, or heard it since. That could be because I didn't live there anymore.
Glad it didn't follow me!
edit on 4/30/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I could probably write an entire novel based on my experiences with the paranormal but I will tell of the first I remember.

I was around 13 or 14 years old. I lived with my father and my step-mother. My step-mother was a very no non-sense itch with a capital B if you get my drift. For the purpose of this story lets just say this woman didn't play. Zero sense of humor.

I had a bicycle like most kids my age. It was a 10 speed with one of those spring loaded type bag carriers you sometimes see on the back. I had one of those long necked padlock type bike locks that I always had locked onto the back of the bag carrier and around the tire and the key was on my keyring that I always kept in my pocket.

This was summertime so I was out of school, my father was at work during the day. My typical day was to get up, make my bed, eat some breakfast and then hop on my bike to go to my friends houses which all lived the same housing area about 10 miles away. Mind you, they hardly ever came my house and if they did it was just to get me and then we would leave. Yeah my stepmother was that bad. My friends wanted no part of her either.

This one particular day started out no different than any other. I got up, made my bed, ate my breakfast and went out to get on my bike. I went to get the key in my pocket for my lock but it wasn't on my ring. I was dumbfounded. How could the key get off off the ring? I asked my step-mother if she seen it. Nope, she hadn't touched the ring or key. I had no choice but to get a hacksaw and hack the lock off. I sure wasn't going to stay home with her!

A few days pass. By now I had a new lock. Same routine, get up, make bed, breakfast, I go back into my bedroom to get something I was going to take with me and there sitting in the middle of my made bed was my old key for my bike lock. I almost fell over I was so shocked. My step-mother was in the kitchen with me the entire time I was eating. There was no one else in the house. Of course nobody believed me. They all thought I was making up a story

This was the time the rubiks cube was popular. I had one. It was all messed up and I could never get it "fixed". I got tired of it and just left it sitting on my dresser. It sat in the same spot for a really long time. One day I notice it missing. Asked my father and step-mother if they took it for some reason. Nope, neither one touched it. About a week goes by and I go into my room and sure enough, there in the same spot where it had been sitting for ever all messed up was the rubiks cube. Only it was "fixed". I about soiled myself. Remember, the only people that were ever in my room were myself and my father and step-mother. My friends never came in. Of course, once again, no one believed me.

That same summer my step-mother came out of my room after having done laundry and hanging up some of my clothes in my closet with a really small pair of jeans asking where I got them from and why I would have them anyways because they were for a child about half my size. I told her I never saw those jeans before in my life. They were hanging in my closet on a hanger.

Fast forward a few years. I was 16. My parents finally would let me stay home alone while they went to bingo. They made me promise that I would keep all the doors and windows and garage locked while they were gone. We didn't live in a bad neighborhood at all but my father especially was over protective of me. We had an attached garage that led to a hallway where you either went into our finished basement or up into our kitchen. I was sitting there in the living room watching TV when all the sudden I heard an explosion in the garage. When I say explosion I really mean just that. It didn't sound like a firework going off it sounded like dynamite. I fully expected to find the garage in splinters. As I rushed out there there was nothing wrong. I even went out and checked all around the house, looked up an down the street, nothing unusual. I of course told my parents when they came home. They checked with all the neighbors the next day but none of them claimed to have heard anything. I know what I heard. We had a cat and she even freaked out over it. Which is about the only reason I think my parents even checked with the neighbors because she was still shook up when they came home.

This then led to life filled with odd stuff happening. Even things happening to this very day. Like I said, I could write a book on it

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Only one time I noticed something(that I can remember) When I was a kid I went down into the basement to see this white thing flying around. It looked like a paper airplane or like a tissue wrapped in a sucker. I watched it fly around for awhile in big circles and then I got my sister and she too saw it. She said this is freaky and left and went upstairs. I did too, that's about it. Never saw it since. yeah...that's my ghost story

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I posted this quite some time ago in another thread, so I thought I'd paste it here:

I was visiting my relatives house. It was the first time we've ever stayed the night there. We haven't seen them in ages, but we decided to see them because my parents were coming for my graduation (2 years ago).

Anyways, my dad and I were sleeping on the floor in their living room and my sis was in the room right beside the living room (same wall is shared).

Before I went to bed (everyone else was sleeping), I was just texting on my phone at about 11 pm and I see a woman slowly walk down the hall into the kitchen. She looked like a real person. It wasn't just some white little smoke. Nope, it looked just like a fully-formed person with white skin colour. I looked right at her but she never moved her face to look at me. She walked into the kitchen (there is a kitchen entrance from the living room) and I waited and she never came back and never turned on any lights. I was kinda weirded out to go and check. (I had a super crappy cell phone with a 0.3 pixel camera so i didn't even think about taking a picture). It was such a strange feeling.

I go to bed and at around 3'ish AM and this *knock* wakes me up. I even wake my dad up. (Our relatives had told us that someone had thrown a brick through their window before. They have some shady neighbors and some random people threw a brick at the wrong house). I wake him up because I wasn't sure whether someone was trying to break into the house or our car outside. We checked out the living room window and there was nothing. A few minutes later I hear the exact same *knock* sound. The sound is located around the wall that is between the living room and the room my sister is in (same location as the first knock).

A couple seconds later my sister is in a rush to get out of the room she was sleeping in. She told us that someone was in the room (it's a small room) and the noise came from her room. She checked around to make sure no books/objects had fallen and there was nothing. She was super creeped out (she was 28 at the time) and said she put the blanket even more over her head. She was too scared to look when she heard someone moving around the room. My sister is a pretty heavy sleeper so for her to wakeup it would take a significant noise (i'm a very light sleeper). She wouldn't go back in the room and came and slept in the living room with us.

Here's one weird part and I don't know if it has to do with anything. Maybe someone on here has some input for me on it? When I woke up the next morning I had this really weird numbing/electrical feeling in my left arm. I've never had a feeling like it before in my entire life. It went away after a few hours, but it wasn't like a normal arm that has fallen asleep. It was a very weird uncomfortable feeling. Sorta pained a bit. I have no idea if that has to do with anything, but I thought ATS would be the best place to get some input.

A few other points:
1) There is only one white woman in the house. The rest of us are brown. She had just closed her door and went to bed a little before I had first seen the white woman walking down the hall.

2) Here's the super weird part. I know who the ghost was. It was my great-aunt's (the lady living in the house) mother. Her mother passed away a few years ago. Her mother used to live in the basement of their house and she showed us the basement earlier that day and absolutely EVERYTHING was left untouched. All of her mother's clothes/pictures were all still there. I've ready about many ghosts cases where they seemed to be attached to some object in the house. Could it have been all of her clothes that served this purpose?

The entire time it was happening though I never felt in danger. I never felt any cold chills that a lot of people seem to experience. She seemed very happy and peaceful.

My dad said he had seen her walking back and forth across the halls at night.

That morning the first thing my great aunt said to us was 'did you survive the night?' I'm thinking 'does she suspect something?' I really didn't want to upset her and bring anything up because I dont know them very well even though I really wanted to. A little while later, they moved out of the house.

I promise I am not making this up. Take it for what it's worth. It's the only ghost experience I've ever had.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321
I posted this quite some time ago in another thread, so I thought I'd paste it here:

Here's one weird part and I don't know if it has to do with anything. Maybe someone on here has some input for me on it? When I woke up the next morning I had this really weird numbing/electrical feeling in my left arm. I've never had a feeling like it before in my entire life. It went away after a few hours, but it wasn't like a normal arm that has fallen asleep. It was a very weird uncomfortable feeling. Sorta pained a bit. I have no idea if that has to do with anything, but I thought ATS would be the best place to get some input.

I saw something similar on Ghost Hunters last week. I get their names mixed up sometimes, but I think it was Grant who's arm went numb and tingling in the bedroom of where people had seen a ghost. They figured he was "picking up" the pain the spirit went through at death... a heart attack.

Do you know how your aunt's mom died? If it was a heart attack, I'd say that's what you were picking up on.
I wonder if your great-aunt is still there after they moved out? They should have told her they would be okay, and she needed to leave to go to the light. I hope she finds her way.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Though i do not believe in Ghosts no longer i find this thread fun:

When i was smaller i was sitting in my room listening to a report on the news about the death of Chris Benoit (wrestler). And as i was sitting there i heard a loud breathing sound in my ear and at that very moment 2 Easter buckets i had on my top shelf fell on my head and i jolted out of there.

Im sure there is a logical explanation for this but its still a scary experience.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by phoenixlights321

I saw something similar on Ghost Hunters last week. I get their names mixed up sometimes, but I think it was Grant who's arm went numb and tingling in the bedroom of where people had seen a ghost. They figured he was "picking up" the pain the spirit went through at death... a heart attack.

Do you know how your aunt's mom died? If it was a heart attack, I'd say that's what you were picking up on.
I wonder if your great-aunt is still there after they moved out? They should have told her they would be okay, and she needed to leave to go to the light. I hope she finds her way.

Oh, that's some interesting info. Thanks for that.

I can't remember how she passed away. I just know that she passed away in their local hospital.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When i was about 16,i was hanging out with my 2 friends and my sister in a small village cemetary in Scotland,UK.We were just being young and silly but by no means causing trouble.I did something very stupid and i took an old key lying by the wee church in the middle of that cemetary.The church was open and that was like 11.00 at night.So when we were gonna head home and i took that key as a keepsake,which was pretty immature and stupid especially knowing that the key opened cemetary and the church doors.It looked old,unused and full of rust so i figured they must have a new one elsewhere.I know...i would never do that now.So anyway,ever since i had that key in my room i started experiencing weird stuff happening.I was always sensitive when it comes to sensing or seeing ghosts but not that bad!I couldn't sleep at night i had to leave tv on all night,i was hearing things,i felt being watched intensly and constantly,my things changing places,lights going on and off,i felt scared all the time,my stomach churned constantly.I actually did realise it was because i took that key from a sacret place.I moved to another city in the meantime,2 hours away,and shockingly this entity followed me there!The turning point was when i stepped into one of the rooms in the house,and my sister was beside me and we heard this sound passing our ears,i can't explain how it sounded like,something like a long low voice sigh and all my hair stood up!My sister never believed me when i said i seen things before,but this time she was right beside me and heard it too for the first time in her life.I organised a trip back to the village and returned the key.Since then i had peace with this particular occurance.
It's not the only thing that happened to me but i think it would be too long to write all the other stuff...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have in countered a ghost only one time.It was about only a week ago and it was 12 o 'clock at night and I was walking to my friends house and there was this trail thaat cut through the woods and it was a short cut.It was called the greenway trail.But it was very dark and I got a bad reaping and starter to walk very fast almost jogging because I was scared for some reason, there was no lights on the trail by the way.so I turn around an very old couple was holding hands and just stood there so I kept on walking and I turned around to see if they were still there and they just were still standing their holding hands and then faded away so I started to sprint full speed and got out of there.

top topics

join