It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bikie Laws Are A Precursor To Loss Of Freedom For Us All

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I've heard the stories about Cycle gangs waiting to step in as predators before law enforement regains control when SHTF.

I have considered this scenario myself. I hate the Police. I know some are good,some bad,kinda like Bikies. But with the way the world is going I have often thought I would prefer to live in a society that was policed by Bikies
It probaby wouldnt be the best but like I said,Im no fan of Cops or our Nanny/Police State that we live in in the West. The Bikies would present some positives over the Cops in my opinion.

But I wouldnt try to argue that Bikies are all sweet lovely guys but I think the biggest thing is that their crimes are at least somewhat victimless and I only ever hear of them fighting amongst themselves,not the general public.

Police kill far more innocent people than Bikies. In fact,I dont think I have heard of a member of the Australian public being killed by Bikie Violence since this whole Bikie beat-up started after the Qantas brawl. On the other hand I have often read of the Police accidently killing members of the public. They even shoot each other at times. Perhaps we need some radical Anti-Police legislation.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ah so the divide and conquer tactics continue. I couldn't agree with you more about how sick laws like these are. I just wish people would grow up and realize the people in power are not making these laws to protect ANYTHING but their own POWER!

It's not about protecting your children, or keeping innocent people from being hurt, it's about power for power's sake. The people at the top have a vested interest in making it as difficult as possible for people like you and me to challenge their authority. And people continue to fall for it and buy into bogus explanations designed to stigmatize and demonize one particular group of people at a time. As long as it's not their group that is being persecuted they cheer for it like the morons they are never realizing that it's only a matter of time until these power hungry monsters come after them as well.

First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

United we stand divided we fall people.... I can't stress this enough if you value your freedom now is the time to draw a line in the sand and link arms with your fellow man and say enough is enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Not all 'Bikies' are criminals. Not all members are even 'Bikies'. They have associates and friends too.

Not all cops are corrupt either my friend. A lot of cops are good, hard working, decent public servants and they treat people with respect.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

Originally posted by Germanicus
Not all 'Bikies' are criminals. Not all members are even 'Bikies'. They have associates and friends too.

Not all cops are corrupt either my friend. A lot of cops are good, hard working, decent public servants and they treat people with respect.

Yeah,I know I already said that my friend.

I have considered this scenario myself. I hate the Police. I know some are good,some bad,kinda like Bikies.

Im not saying that they are.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Sorry just commented as soon as I got done reading.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I suppose things must be quite a bit different in Australia for your bike clubs. Of course American MC's have the good, the bad and the ugly. Heck, families ride Harley's on the weekends for fun and poker runs are a form of 'game' with motorcycle rides that really add some fun to a big ride and get together. 'Tis the season for it to start again.

Where it must be different is that there isn't even a basis to joke about the Outlaw gangs being anything BUT what they are. Outlaw gangs. What makes it a cut/dry absolute issue for me? One little thing..one tiny, little thing. That 1% patch. At least here, if they are wearing that 1% on their 'cut' or vest, and they ARE NOT what they would imply they are, the first one to see it who IS a 1% Outlaw will remove it from the poser and usually with some extreme examples of forceful persuasion.

If anyone is sitting out there dying to jump in and say how I'm all wrong and ..but but but..1%'s can be nice guys too!! Err...... Go to this years Sturgis rally in South Dakota with your own 'Cut' you sew together at home and make look really beautiful. Just add that 1% tag front and back...Looks cool huh? Now...Let me know when your going to arrive at Sturgis for the rally with it. The show will be VERY short, VERY violent and VERY final...so I wouldn't want to miss it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Even if they are outlaw gangs the legislation is radical and wide sweeping. The police can arrest them right now if they are commiting crimes. They do not need to outlaw patches and colours.

The legislation is not just for bikies,they are just selling it to the public that way. Thats the problem.

Edit- Also consider that those horrible 'warnings' on cigarette packets that you are just getting in America have been on cigarette packets in Australia for years. Australia seems to be a testing ground for radical legislation.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hmmm... I'm just lost then. I'm not understanding, by reading the material you linked, where this does all that against freedom?

Under the legislation, members of a group could be banned from associating once a court had declared the group a criminal organisation.

For a comparison to life here. essentially, this would be saying that the Hell's Angels MC could be outlawed as a group, in itself, after the first RICO type prosecution showed the organization existed for the support of criminal actions (Which it does..in my opinion). We have our Constitution which makes this impossible and I wouldn't even joke about changing that for something like THIS...but if we didn't have a Constitutional issue to prevent this, it's sure solve a few things!

Cryps..Bloods.. Latin Kings.. Oh the list goes on and on for the 100% total criminal "organizations" which just laugh their tails off while flaunting their mob status to the public, in full color and on display. I've always thought it wrong that because they simply aren't committing a crime right this second, the fact they exist solely to DO that isn't enough to prevent the public spectacle.

Of course I hope Australia would watch how this is APPLIED...very carefully..but the tool ITSELF would seem to be a useful one if you folks can keep your cops from abusing it beyond all recognition?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hmmm... I'm just lost then. I'm not understanding, by reading the material you linked, where this this does all that against freedom?

I dont understand that sentence. And whats with the CAPITALS? (where does all that against freedom)???

Maybe if you read the whole thread you will understand. I have spelled it all out quite clearly.

And we have a political forum in Australia called The Punch. They ban members if they use CAPITALS. I think ATS should consider it.

Edit- Does this help?

Bikie laws a blow to club freedom Bikie laws a 'blow' to club freedom

The Veterans Motorcycle Club WA has joined a campaign against proposed anti-bikie laws, saying they threaten everything they fought for. Club spokesman Jason Buchanan said the State Government's anti-association laws, which are due to be debated in the Upper House next week, were repressive and threatened the democratic right of freedom of association.

"It's a kick in the teeth to the 110,000 service personnel who have lost their lives defending simple freedoms such as gathering and associating," he said.

"It's very embarrassing to sit there and watch politicians talk about freedom and respect and the memory of our fallen soldiers and for them to be involved in radical legislation like this."

The VMCWA, which has about 25 members, is a social group for former members of the Australian Defence Force.

"We do a lot more than just ride bikes - we're active in the community, do community service work and fundraising events," said Mr Buchanan, who has served in the Royal Australian Navy and as a reservist. He said the laws would do little to curb the activities of criminal organisations and he feared some groups and organisations could be unfairly hit by the legislation.

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Okay, well thanks for the help in trying to understand. I did read your thread, your links and your rationale. It isn't a lack of reading or understanding but a lack of seeing things the same way, I believe...... I was hoping pure misunderstanding was more the case, but not..and so I'll step back out now.

All Capitals though? Not sure what you mean? I cap'ed 5 words in the note. 2 are abbreviations and I'm sure MC need not be broken down. lol... RICO is an abbreviation and stands for "Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act". It's how they can bust a couple gang members or mobsters and essentially take down the better part of an entire group based on the crimes of a few. The other 3 words were for emphasis. I know, being in a typography class, there is no excuse for not using more than just Caps to emphasize in posts I make...but there it is.

Thanks for trying to help on clarifying though! 100% pure criminal organizations for purpose and function DO exist world wide. That alone is interesting to know. Even down under...the 1% can be seen on display.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

All Capitals though?

I didnt say "All capitals" I said "whats with all the capitals?" If I meant all capitals I would have said "Whats with using all capitals?" I can see why you dont get my thread.

And I think it is rude to use capitals at all. So does The Punch. I dont appreciate it.

If you think this radical legislation is a good thing then I guess we will have to agree to disagree hey.

have a good one

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The applications of technofascism far outweigh the current 'laws' the totals are gunning for.

'totals' is a brand new word I made up just now for 'totalitarians'.

Do not fear that the totals can see through walls.

They can see through your brain.

Despite that I have spent days on youtube looking at biker wrecks/deaths, I fear that it is unavoidable. A club may be the only possible method of being allowed to move w/o interference. No plates, no problem. Just move erratically enough such that your brainwave pattern is difficult to id, and wear a tinfoil helmet, Faradayed to the max. I'm thinking old school, steel, bike with no chips.

The revolution ought to have happened 100 years ago, with the establishment of the fed.

Now, it's just in your face technofascism.

Bikers may well be the only 'calvary' possible. As one of you said...it is 1938, again.

It's over the top, but I really like the wheelie with the boeing emblem in the background.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-4-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I support them . They dont harm the public at all . They are their own colour tribe and we all have a right to dress how we wish and have clubs .

Its not up to lawmakers to decide which clubs are allowed .
I say ban the surf lifesaving clubs as they are a menace closing beaches and yelling at tourist to stay in between the flags ...lol .

Seriously anyone with a brain knows the agenda , picking on bikies . Why dont they ban their own mafia gangs they all belong too.

People of like minds form together . If they are going at bikies its because they fear them as those guys are men , something the twat pollies are not .

Maybe if they formed a gay motorcycle gang they would favour that .

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You mention bike helmets . Here in OZ its law you have to wear dumb bike helmets on bicycles . Im sure a polioce chopper was buzzing me , getting all excited because I had no helmet on .

Kinda hard to find people doing mischief where I am , so no bike helmet would really create an adrenilan buzz for them

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi Germanicus

Just to be clear I hate any laws that threaten to take away my freedom or that of any Australian.

But just in case you didn't know it the Rebels are pure scum as are the bandidos, comencheros and the Hells Angels Bikie Gangs.

Between them they destroy the lives of thousands of Austalians each and every year.

They control the drug trade in nearly every town Australia wide,
They own almost every brothel Australia wide (think illegal sex trade)
They are violent, thieving, drug dealing murderers.

They are SCUM don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise.

I know this from first hand experience I have witnessed them doing everything mentioned and more.

tlasalt

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
they're called bikies in australia.

and just a few weeks ago, a bikie crossed the street right in the middle, without looking both ways.

it was crazy.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hells Angels are Cool!

They won the Viet Nam war.
www.imdb.com...

Westmoreland is still pissed.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
First thing I want to know is what exactly does the proposed new law ban
A: Motor cycle groups.
B: OUTLAW motorcycle gangs.
C: Girl guides and life savers
and don't tell me it's B while trying to fear monger people into thinking it's all about A & C.

While I think there needs to be tight control of these laws I also think they are a good thing if done correctly. Why should we not target organised crime which is IMO what this is about not stopping a couple of guys ridding their bikes together on Sunday.
Groups like Bandidos, Hells angels Finks and others like them are just that organised crime groups making hundreds of millions a year of the countries suffering, think drugs, guns, violence, rape, murder etc so why should we the people allow them free rain, &%$# that they have been identified as a problem & they need to be neutralised.
The game has changed a lot in recent years with the intro of middle eastern gangs turning up the heat and FYI people a lot of outlaw motorcycle club members don't ride Harleys or even any bike.
Sorry but the whole they only hurt each other and we should just let them solve their problems in house is a crock, nobody should be solving problems amongst them selves that's why we have laws and a police force.
People say ohh it's just a club, well then why do they they hospitalise you or worse if you don't want to play with them any more, I suppose that's just a shinning example of handling their own business and the guy nursing his broken ribs and fractured jaw deserved it.
The Gold Coast and Brisbane is in the middle of some major bikie crap at the moment and I think the woman who was minding her own business shopping in a quiet area and got shot in the stomach while a bikie was trying to kill another bikie might disagree that they don't hurt members of the public.
Others that might disagree would be the mothers and their children who had to see it or were caught up in the panic stampede to get out of dodge.
The times have changed so may be the law needs to as well. These guys arn't just hurting each other and they have become that full of themselves that they pepper house with bullets with no regard for who might get caught up in the cross fire and even casually walk around a busy shopping centre till they find the guy they want to kill.
I personally don't think anyone joins an outlaw moto gang cause they are a nice person or are just looking for friends and I don't think many of their members would be lawyers and doctors unless you count meth cooks as doctors, I also highly doubt police would be out targeting groups of friends on a Sunday ride or MCs like Vietnam Veterans motorcycle club who are running round taking toys to sick kids so all I'm saying is lets start with the facts not the fear.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

The Gold Coast and Brisbane is in the middle of some major bikie crap at the moment and I think the woman who was minding her own business shopping in a quiet area and got shot in the stomach while a bikie was trying to kill another bikie might disagree that they don't hurt members of the public.

The individuals responsible should be charged. And anyone else that commits crimes.

The radical legislation is sweeping and does not just apply to Bikies.

Scared people like you will continue to cheer for a loss of their own freedom. It is very sad. The rest of us should call people like you out because not only do you cheer for a loss of your own freedom,but you also cheer for a loss of mine. Just because you are scared and you think the Government will make it all better. People like you make me angry to be honest.

Why do you cheer for a loss of my freedom?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I am not scared of anyone I can assure you. Go back and re read my post and start with what I asked for, then we can talk FACTS.
Scared people like you alow large gangs and organised crime to destroy our country and inocent lives I would rather some one with some balls step up and take these guys out, not give them a free pass and say it will be the life savers and girl guides next.
When an indavidual brakes the law he should be charged.
When an indavidual breaks the law at the behest of organised crime the organisation gets targeted not just the trigger man.
Are you part of an outlaw MC group or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join