It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bikie Laws Are A Precursor To Loss Of Freedom For Us All

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CriticalMess
That's pretty interesting. Especially since in my country and in the adjacent Belgium and Germany the same thing is happening: a criminalisation through media and politics of biker clubs. Over here it are the Hell's Angels and the Satudarah Maluku clubs.

Curious to read that the minds of 2 countries, literally half way around the world, are alike. One would would almost believe there was a supranational agenda.

Meh...

Wow,I didnt know about that.

I really think these laws are not about Bike Gangs at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Good post OP.

I think its all already been said in this thread, but bears repeating. They come after us, you can be damn sure they'll be coming after you.

Anything that targets a specific group based upon their appearance, mode of transport or affiliations is just a chip off the old Nazi block and shouldn't be tolerated.

Anyway, the clubs will survive, even if they have to go underground to some degree for a while.

Thanks man,

And yeah I agree. The laws will not stop the clubs at all. And it does seem like a 'nazi' tactic.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

The old lady's shot up apartment episode

Two arrested so far

Mate I live in a suburb that is surrounded by these escalating Gang events of the past 4 months. Its been going on for years and finally the cops are getting serious about doing something. The local community here are demanding that something be done about the violence.
For you to say its a media beat up tells me you simply have no idea regarding the reality of the Gang situation here in Sydney. Lucky you if its not your reality, that's something you can be thankful for at least.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

The old lady's shot up apartment episode

Two arrested so far

Mate I live in a suburb that is surrounded by these escalating Gang events of the past 4 months. Its been going on for years and finally the cops are getting serious about doing something. The local community here are demanding that something be done about the violence.
For you to say its a media beat up tells me you simply have no idea regarding the reality of the Gang situation here in Sydney. Lucky you if its not your reality, that's something you can be thankful for at least.

So what you are saying is that no innocent people have been killed?

Thats what I thought. Its a non-issue and the individuals involved in any crime should be arrested. The whole group should not be targeted.

Individuals. I hope an individual that is associated with you in some way doesnt cause the Police to target you one day. Because people like you will cheer for it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Individual is the key word there. Individual.

And your comment shows that you have no idea of what the 'anti-bikie laws' are all about. Its not just about bikies. You think stopping them wearing colours will do anything? Its not about bikies and you should not be cheering this legislation in just because you are scared.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by spoonbender

I agree. The massacre was just in-house stuff.

There is an awesome clip of a Bikie brawl on liveleak at a boxing match. Its brutal. And goes for ages. One of the guys defected to anothergang. They dont like that. If you are initiated,it should be for life as far as they are concerned.

Here is the brawl

www.liveleak.com...

There is a guy shooting a gun. He isnt shooting anyone,but trying to get the guys to stop. They dont

The two cops that come in have got some guts thats for sure.

Dood the LiveLeak vid
above that You posted.

Does very little in supporting Your argument.

I agree. The massacre was just in-house stuff. There is an awesome clip of a Bikie brawl on liveleak at a boxing match. Its brutal. And goes for ages. One of the guys defected to anothergang. They dont like that. If you are initiated,it should be for life as far as they are concerned.

and not for nothing
this quote your kinda glorify the behavior

I mean whats it mean to You...?

is it about the Bike's, and the comradery ?
or is it the criminal element...

I mean all I see in the vid
is too much testosterone ruining a possible good time

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Well, nobody is forced to join a bikie gang and they dont like it when you turn your back. The guy that they had in a headlock against the ring was the defector. He turned his back on his mates and he payed the price with some broken ribs. I can understand that. And you will notice that it was all in-house. They were not targeting the public,only each other.

And I like a good brawl. That was awesome. I bet it was better than the Kickboxing or whatever it was. I like people to work out their own problems instead of running to the cops for everything.

IT BEGAN in the winter of 2008 with tit-for-tat violence between the Hells Angels and Comanchero motorcycle clubs, a series of incidents so serious that by early 2009 it had created, in the words of the Crown prosecutor Natalie Adams, a ''perfect storm'' that culminated in a brawl at Sydney Airport and the death of Anthony Zervas. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

www.smh.com.au...

This is the how it all started. The Qantas brawl. Ever since its been easy for the media to scare the public. The brawl was between the Hells Angel's and the Comanchero's. No member of the public was hurt. But a bikie got killed. Its been hysteria ever since.

Edit- But violent crime should be punished I guess.My personal preference is to allow them to work it out themselves and I like it in theory but in practice it doesnt work. Individuals that commit violent crimes should be punished,but not an entire group.Many 'bikies' are great guys and they should not be targeted because of the actions of individual members.

Its like Petrus4 is saying,it is the wrng way to deal with these issues.

The legislation is also not just for bikies.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
They are a pack of opportunistic criminals fighting with a sense of ownership/territorial rights over suburbs where decent people are trying to work and live. They are a cancer within society whose revenge attacks have metastasised out of control.

This is exactly the sort of mentality that fascists love.

If they've committed a crime, let them be tried and punished for said crime, specifically. Get rid of the self-righteous value judgements. I doubt you are perfect.

Claiming that you are a "decent person," and that other people are "scum," is the first step towards dehumanisation. From there, it's not far at all to the point where people are killing each other.

Bikies aren't animals. They can be anarchic, and somewhat criminal, yes; but like I said, if they've committed a crime, the appropriate response is due process, and incarceration if need be. It isn't dehumanising them like that in your own head.

Most of the conflict here in Sydney is due to conflicting families from middle eastern background.

It's funny, you know. Whites are always so vocal about how innocent and civilised they are, comparitively speaking. While I was living in Melbourne's outer suburbs, I had three attempts on my life within ten years, two of which were within two months of each other. Anglo-Celtic males were behind all three attempts.

I'm not saying anyone from the Middle East is never violent, at all; but I know what my own experience has been.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It's funny, you know. Whites are always so vocal about how innocent and civilised they are, comparitively speaking.

I agree. The us versus them attitude of some seems telling.

And there are bikies of all nationalities.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I've been riding motorbikes for just over 40 years now and have been involved with several motorcycle groups not Gangs. I've known plenty opportunistic Bikies and recreational Bikers and am well aware of what the Govt, Police and Taxation Depts have in mind for the criminal element that runs rampant within the Gangs.
Recreational Bikers tend not to be thugs, drug dealers en mass, commit fraud and go about shooting people because they have a sense of entitlement for revenge. The fact is... if you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear by this piece of legislation. I can only gather you have been listening to the fearful rantings of some bikie wetting himself over being found out for his Gangs criminal activities. Its gonna hurt their bank account and many are gonna have to take public transport to get around if they are lucky enough to avoid jail time that is.

If anyone is running scared out there, its the people who seek to be a member of a Gang to begin with. I'm not scared, I'm pissed off that these social parasites think our communities are their turf to do what ever they please in.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

I ride myself. And I ride alone. And I dont ride slow poser Harley Davidson's.

The fact is... if you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear by this piece of legislation.

This is wrong. People are being persecuted for wearing items of clothing.And this does not just apply to bikies.

I know some old guys that are in that Seniors Bike Club (forget the name). Do you think they shouldnt be able to wear their patch?

And I have never talked about this with a Bikie. I can read between the lines.

Many Bikies have done nothing wrong. Many Bikers groups are Clubs,not gangs. Like the link I posted of the club in WA that is for members of the Armed Forces. Do you think they should be a target? Like the guy said,the club does fund raising and alot of community work. They are not happy. I can understand that. Why cant you?

It's a kick in the teeth to the 110,000 service personnel who have lost their lives defending simple freedoms such as gathering and associating," he said. "It's very embarrassing to sit there and watch politicians talk about freedom and respect and the memory of our fallen soldiers and for them to be involved in radical legislation like this."

The VMCWA, which has about 25 members, is a social group for former members of the Australian Defence Force. "We do a lot more than just ride bikes - we're active in the community, do community service work and fundraising events," said Mr Buchanan, who has served in the Royal Australian Navy and as a reservist.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Its a blow to freedom,just like he says.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Gangs are for those who lack the balls to stand alone and/or are in a situation where they require an ad hoc army.
It doesn't take much time to research gangs, esp bike gangs. Clubs & gangs, not too different. They expect deference, thrive on intimidation, and have their roots in running meth & white slavery. Basically oafish bums who want to scare people.
Not a savory tradition.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Star128
Gangs are for those who lack the balls to stand alone and/or are in a situation where they require an ad hoc army.
It doesn't take much time to research gangs, esp bike gangs. Clubs & gangs, not too different. They expect deference, thrive on intimidation, and have their roots in running meth & white slavery. Basically oafish bums who want to scare people.
Not a savory tradition.

Well,it may comfort you to tell yourself that. Maybe it makes you feel good about yourself.

The fact is many 'Bikies' would have a higher iq than you do. Many are quite intelligent. Many are doctors and Lawyers. Of course some are dunces. You get them in every group.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am just wondering will this affect groups like the Masons, Shiners, K.O.C. Or what about boy scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownie.s, ect. They all wear either hats, Jewrey or clothing that signafies a brotherhood or group affiliation.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
I am just wondering will this affect groups like the Masons, Shiners, K.O.C. Or what about boy scouts, Girl Scouts, Brownie.s, ect. They all wear either hats, Jewrey or clothing that signafies a brotherhood or group affiliation.

I dont think it will yet but they turn the heat up slowly.

I think they are worried about groups like this emerging in the near future.

The 'Wide Awakes' were a political group way back in America.

I see the legislation being used to target organised protest. The 'Wide Awakes' are scarier than OWS thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Bikies are accusing police of an expensive media stunt, after only two men were arrested in widespread raids across Sydney's west. Strike Force Kinnarra was timed to coincide with a ban on bikie colours in Kings Cross - which came into effect on Friday morning. Police are warning bikies to expect more arrests.

www.abc.net.au...

And I agree with the Bikies Lawyer. The recent raids which would have wasted a heck of alot of our taxmoney are just a media stunt. This is clear. Its all about justifying this radical legislation. Its about scaring the public into cheering for a loss of their own freedom. They think we are all chumps.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CriticalMess

only this weekend our "quality press" ran stories to try to scare us because some bikers from the Netherlands were coming over. In De Standaard, the headline reads:

"Beruchte motorbende strijkt neer in Antwerpen
Satudarah MC neemt macht over van Hells Angels"

which translates something like:

"Notorious motorcycle gang descends on Antwerp
Satudarah MC takes power from Hells Angels"

i'm not a biker, one of my dearest friends is. Once a year they organize this bicycle event and I love to be part of it... it's so funny, all the tough guys riding on a bicycle, making lots of fun, hurting no one or nothing (maybe except their own bottoms).

20 years from now we'll ask: why did we let this happen?

i feel so sad

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Maybe we could start calling organized religions, gangs.

Or biker gangs should start declaring themselves as some sort of chruch.

First Congregation of Hell's Angels, or HA for short, and start demanding religious freedom. Use of certain substances for religious ceremonies and all.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

20 years from now we'll ask: why did we let this happen? i feel so sad

I agree.

And I had no idea this was happening elswhere. I thought it was just Australia. The Bikies make a very good Emmanuel Goldstein to scare the public with,thats for sure. I wonder how many other places in the West can expect to see this radical legislation.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thats what I was thinking. They should all come together and register as a political party. One thing the legislation seems to be doing is bringing these rival gangs together to fight for a common cause.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
"If anyone is running scared out there, its the people who seek to be a member of a Gang to begin with. I'm not scared, I'm pissed off that these social parasites think our communities are their turf to do what ever they please in."

That's not a complety accurate statement. Generalizations like that sound as absurb as Democrats or Republicans are ALL bad.

If a cycle gang sells drugs or guns for profit, it's to meet supply and demand. Not too just feed off the weakness of others as predators. And some Clubs do,have, and continue to be predators and have no remorse.

I've heard the stories about Cycle gangs waiting to step in as predators before law enforement regains control when SHTF.

Some are unconfirmed truth.
Most Club members of most Outlaw Clubs are NOT Boy Scout graduates seeking revenge against their camp counselors. They just have a different out look on life.

I'm not saying it's good or bad.

Being a predator against the weak is obviously bad and wrong.

I'm not going to go into any farther. I've met some really good "BAD" guys in my travels.

And if it works that some of the guys can intimidate me,so be it. They want that.

But? I'll stop and help ANY Club on the side of the rode with a machine problem. That I'll do. Then I'll say "that was on so and so." And we'll laugh I even KNOW that fricking guy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join