It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

He also was a true friend of the Christian faith. He may have said those things, but he was probably just being sarcastic. After all, if he really believed those things about Christianity, why would he be so favorable to Christians?

The point is that he didn't want Religion mixed with State, for good reasons. I didn't say he was against Christians at all.

You were claiming America was meant to be a Christian state, which is nothing short from Extremist Religious views.

He was probably just being sarcastic, lol. You are probably just being an idiot. Are you going to argue against the Constitution?

Here's some more of his "sarcastic" qoutes,

www.worldfuturefund.org...

At times, the Christian right has sought to rewrite history by posthumously converting Thomas Jefferson into a Christian. Throughout his life, however, Jefferson strenuously denied that he held orthodox Christian beliefs or that he desired the mixing of politics and religion in government. Instead, Jefferson's religious philosophy centered on 18th century concepts of natural law. Jefferson placed significant value on the ability of human beings to use reason to understand their world. In fact, Jefferson was so opposed to mysticism that he removed from his bible any account of the miracles that Jesus is alleged to have performed. The resulting Jefferson Bible, contained only those precepts that Jefferson believed were integral to the moral philosophy of Jesus Christ.

edit on 6-5-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

Everything belongs to Christianity. We have God on our side, so we can do no wrong, and can do anything we want to.

Disbelieve at the peril of your soul.

I have nothing more to say on this manner.

This is it people, this is "Christianity" for ya.

Pure arrogance and tyranny and threats, no tolerance and no reason at all.

Thanks for being honest.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

reply to post by Annee

Everything belongs to Christianity. We have God on our side, so we can do no wrong, and can do anything we want to.

Disbelieve at the peril of your soul.

I have nothing more to say on this manner.

This is it people, this is "Christianity" for ya.

Pure arrogance and tyranny and threats, no tolerance and no reason at all.

Thanks for being honest.

For sure.

The arrogance of Christianity is astounding.

I know - - - I was raised Christian.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am just stating the truth as Christians see it, is all I'm doing. There's nothing wrong with stating the truth.

Of course, only atheists will deny these known historical facts.

Christians are not arrogant people. They just can't be. The only thing we can do is love, because that's how God wants it. All they're trying to do is to save your soul. Your soul just can't be saved unless you turn to the One True God, and that is the Christian God.

Christians have God on their side. You don't. You will lose to the power and to the love that is God.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Of course, only atheists will deny these known historical facts.

What historical facts?

There aren't any.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Christians are not arrogant people. They just can't be. The only thing we can do is love, because that's how God wants it. All they're trying to do is to save your soul. Your soul just can't be saved unless you turn to the One True God, and that is the Christian God.

The delusion of Christians is astounding.

Yes - - you are definitely arrogant.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyJoseph
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
[more

yea I do think that. 85 percent of the time. also, call me out on whatever you want. I never said anything about 9/11 so label me in any jackass way you want, I won't care. I made my viewpoint known, somebody read it, its out there and I'm fine.

As far as the other thing you mentioned about homophobic kids being raised in strict households or something...? What? im not sure I understand why you mentioned that. and for the record since Im not a pro-christian conspiracy theorist I dont generally pay attention to COLLEGE studies.

I mentioned it because it is in another thread which was concurrent with this one. I thought it was a preposterous idea but many jumped on that bandwagon. The study was published in a Psychology journal. Anyway, the specific term was "authoritarian".

I personally did not have authoritarian parents and I sought out truth in Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and New Age.
Generally it is atheists who hate Christians so much.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I see the Christian-bashfest is still going on here with the same people.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I see the - - not everyone believes or supports Christianity going on.

I see those in denial of - - not everyone believes or supports Christianity.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

But you should because Christianity is the better way of life.

Being right is not arrogant. You can never be arrogant for stating the truth. But you can be arrogant for expressing lies and insulting people who have a better way of life and are just superior to everybody else because they serve a higher power.

That is, after all, the only way to be right, is to serve and be part of a higher power.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

As long as this is your truth, and those spreading it are not condemned, the party is on.

Everything belongs to Christianity. We have God on our side, so we can do no wrong, and can do anything we want to. Disbelieve at the peril of your soul. I have nothing more to say on this manner.

Apperently this is what you are.....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

But you should because Christianity is the better way of life.

BS. I was raised Christian - - spent most of my life believing in Christianity.

Then I got real.

Any believe or non-believe - - - that puts the individual person in the position of personal responsibility for their thoughts and actions is far superior.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

As long as this is your truth, and those spreading it are not condemned, the party is on.

Everything belongs to Christianity. We have God on our side, so we can do no wrong, and can do anything we want to. Disbelieve at the peril of your soul. I have nothing more to say on this manner.

Apperently this is what you are.....

Well, first of all, I never said that. You have quoted someone who is using that as a rhetorical statement to insult Christians by a sort of reverse psychology. But what is new around here?
I was introduced to metaphysics and yoga when I was 17. By the time I was 19 I was a member of the Theosophical Society. I was keenly interested in Hindu philosophy and later embraced Christianity. I have taken in views of the Gnostic truths and the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Book of Enoch. I have tons of books on astrology, metaphysics, and religion, yoga, martial arts and Tai Chi, and politics. I have plenty of conspiracy theory stuff such as Antony Sutton's "America's Secret Establishment" and books by David Icke and Jim Marrs. I have some of Jung's material as well. I took philosophy and religion courses in school. I even have a translation of Quran. I even have books on the Inner Child and a signed copy of Saved By the Light by Dannion Brinkley. I have met some very dear Tibetan monks and I greatly value them and their purity of heart. I find it a travesty that they have been oppressed by the communist Chinese, and their temples destroyed.

Just because I do not believe in certain "politically correct" ideology of the left does not mean I do not have a broad worldview.
The so-called "tolerance" preached by the left is not tolerance at all, but a demand to believe as they do and a willingness to enforce their demands if possible. That is where the Nanny State and Totalitarianism comes in. These people believe they know what is best for everyone and will do evil for our good and for their cause and call it tolerance.
I am pretty sure I do not fit into your stereotype

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

that puts the individual person in the position of personal responsibility for their thoughts and actions is far superior.

Well, that would be closer to Buddhist or Hindu thought, as the concepts of self-control, raja-yoga or control of the mind, self-discipline, and understanding of karma are thoroughly embraced. Perhaps you view atheism as not putting all the blame on a deity, or accepting vicarious atonement. However, I do not see atheists necessarily controlling their thoughts, as they can be as putrid as any one else.
edit on 6-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well, first of all, I never said that. You have quoted someone who is using that as a rhetorical statement to insult Christians by a sort of reverse psychology. But what is new around here?

I see, this poster, is an "agent" so to speak, hired to make Christians look bad, very convenient. Now we were arguing with this poster that you claim is a "sock puppet" of some sort because of the ridiculous statements he made.

If you agree that this persons statements are ridiculous then why would you respond to the whole situation with this,

Apperently you must agree with what this poster said, why else would you call our responses to him a christian bash fest. If you feel that this poster has an agenda of making you look bad, then why didn't you respond to him, condemning him for it?

Such ridiculous logic.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

I did not make any claims that he is a "sock puppet" and I defy you to find it in my posts anywhere. I also never suggested he was hired. So much for ridiculous claims.

The only reason I see him as posting in more of a mocking manner is that I have observed his previous posts in this and other threads. I could be wrong though, but I doubt it.

I also never said I agreed with his train of thought. I observed that he appears to be employing a sort of cynical mockery.

Did you deliberately overlook my entire post about my study of various religious views? You are the one evidently trying to put me into some sort of stereotypical box according to your pre-conceived notions.

The Christian bashing has been going on through the entire thread, not just in the last few days. But you certainly fell for his mockery.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I did not make any claims that he is a "sock puppet" and I defy you to find it in my posts anywhere. I also never suggested he was hired. So much for ridiculous claims.

You suggested he was deliberately behaving like that cause he had an agenda against Christianity, yet you called our responses to him Christian bashing.

If you feel his statements are giving Christianity a bad name, then why did you attack our responses to this guy, you must agrree that he was wrong?

Why do you not directly condemn that guy if he is deliberately making you look bad?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You suggested he was deliberately behaving like that cause he had an agenda against Christianity, yet you called our responses to him Christian bashing.

If you feel his statements are giving Christianity a bad name, then why did you attack our responses to this guy, you must agrree that he was wrong?

Why do you not directly condemn that guy if he is deliberately making you look bad?

I am not condemning him, just making an observation. It is a bit like watching a lion tear apart an elk.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Horus mayby now you see why alot of people have stopped posting in this thread. Its become laughable at best. Its time the thread was closed and some bandwith reclaimed.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I am not condemning him, just making an observation. It is a bit like watching a lion tear apart an elk.

I know that you are not condemning him, I am asking you why you are not condemning him if he is making Christianity look bad.

Why are you not condemning his statements if you feel they are harming the image of Christians, You didn't, you only attacked our responses to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join