It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I see the Christian-bashfest is still going on here with the same people.

You mean mocking this? You bet your ass.

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

Everything belongs to Christianity. We have God on our side, so we can do no wrong, and can do anything we want to.

Disbelieve at the peril of your soul.

I have nothing more to say on this manner.

If people actually see the world like this then yes. I mean, come on!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well, that would be closer to Buddhist or Hindu thought, as the concepts of self-control, raja-yoga or control of the mind, self-discipline, and understanding of karma are thoroughly embraced. Perhaps you view atheism as not putting all the blame on a deity, or accepting vicarious atonement. However, I do not see atheists necessarily controlling their thoughts, as they can be as putrid as any one else.

God believers telling Atheists what they think or believe is beyond annoying.

At least I can honestly state: "I have been both".

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh like the atheists don't tell Christians what to believe when you constantly deny that you atheism is nothing more than a Satanic religion in disguise, designed to attack Christians everywhere and lead people away from God so they can lose their souls?

PUH-LEASE!

That's just the pot calling the kettle black.

Christianity is the truth, and it is the way.

And Christians can't condemn me because they know the only thing I speak is the plain truth, that GOD RULES ALL!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I'm pretty sure athiests don't tell christians what to believe and would be more than content if tthey just shut up about their beliefs.

Try it christians, all at once just shut up and see if all the athiests bother you - they wont.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

you constantly deny that you atheism is nothing more than a Satanic religion in disguise, designed to attack Christians everywhere and lead people away from God so they can lose their souls

LOL Is this where the thread is going? Man, that is funny. We're trying to get you guys to stop thinking and typing things like that. You're the one who is seeing it as satanic, because you think your religion tells you that it is. We're not part of your or any other religion. We'd like to undermine the religions that don't have a Satan as well. We'd like everyone to love logic. Having an imaginary friend is not only defeating logic, it also causes neuroses which can be detrimental to everyone.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I'm pretty sure athiests don't tell christians what to believe and would be more than content if tthey just shut up about their beliefs.

Try it christians, all at once just shut up and see if all the athiests bother you - they wont.

Historically you would be wrong, because it was atheists in the communist party in Russia who endeavored to "shut up" Christians by persecuting them and making it illegal to practice their religion.

The state was committed to the destruction of religion,[2][3] and destroyed churches, mosques and temples, ridiculed, harassed and executed religious leaders, flooded the schools and media with atheistic propaganda, and generally promoted 'scientific atheism' as the truth that society should accept.[4][5]

en.wikipedia.org...

It's historical fact and there's plenty of proof.
Even today people have to watch their step.

Here's another interesting point of communist Russian anti religious persecution

5.The deprivation of parental rights for teaching religion to their children, a ban on the presence of children at church services (beginning in 1961 with the Baptists and then extended to the Orthodox in 1963) and the administration of the Eucharist to children over the age of four.

en.wikipedia.org...
I suspect that Hillary and her UN Rights of the Child is set to do just this same action only on a Global level.

Here's something even more devious in the Russian empire

According to Mitrokhin Archive and other sources, the Moscow Patriarchate has been established on the order from Stalin in 1943 as a front organization of NKVD and later the KGB [117] All key positions in the Church including bishops have been approved by the Ideological Department of CPSU and by the KGB. The priests were used as agents of influence in the World Council of Churches and front organizations, such as World Peace Council, Cristian Peace Conference, and the Rodina ("Motherland") Society founded by the KGB in 1975.

and in the 80's

The religious bodies could still be heavily infiltrated by state agents, due to the power of local governments to reject elected parish officials and install their own people in the lay organization that owned the parish, which meant that even if they had ownership over their churches, it was still effectively in the state's hands.

edit on 6-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I am not condemning him, just making an observation. It is a bit like watching a lion tear apart an elk.

I know that you are not condemning him, I am asking you why you are not condemning him if he is making Christianity look bad.

Why are you not condemning his statements if you feel they are harming the image of Christians, You didn't, you only attacked our responses to him.

I actually misread your statement due to the fact that I was about to go out and do some other things today. I apologize for the mistake. But it is even more odd that you would expect me to "condemn" him, which was why I responded the way I did.

Maybe condemn is just not the right term to use. Maybe you meant that I should admonish him. Jesus admonished many people in his day and it is allowable for a Christian to have righteous indignation.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Oh like the atheists don't tell Christians what to believe when you constantly deny that you atheism is nothing more than a Satanic religion in disguise, designed to attack Christians everywhere and lead people away from God so they can lose their souls?

Atheism is lack of belief in a god. That's it. That's all it is. It is not a Verb.

How can you believe in satan if you do not believe in a god? That's some real logic there.

Why would an Atheist tell anyone to Believe - - any Belief.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a ban on the presence of children at church services

Well, at least the heart was in the right place. Children can be molded in all sorts of twisted directions. The religious are sure keen on selling the cult early to vulnerable minds. This is one of the parts of religion that makes me ill. In my eyes, it's a form of child abuse.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

a ban on the presence of children at church services

Well, at least the heart was in the right place. Children can be molded in all sorts of twisted directions. The religious are sure keen on selling the cult early to vulnerable minds. This is one of the parts of religion that makes me ill. In my eyes, it's a form of child abuse.

Then you won't mind if I suggest that humanism not be taught in school. I want schools to go back to focusing on real math, language, and scientific theory not values clarification and social engineering.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Then you won't mind if I suggest that humanism not be taught in school.

I didn't know it was. I don't see why it should be. Are you talking about exploring views of our nature?

Values clarification and social engineering? This isn't the school I went to. My daughter isn't getting this as far as I know. She thinks that kind of thing is silly and would jump to tell me about it.
edit on 6-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Atheism is lack of belief in a god. That's it. That's all it is. It is not a Verb.

How can you believe in satan if you do not believe in a god? That's some real logic there.

Why would an Atheist tell anyone to Believe - - any Belief.

edit on 6-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

hmmmm here is what wikipedia says

Satanist groups that appeared after the 1960s are widely diverse, but two major trends are Theistic Satanism and Atheistic Satanism. Theistic Satanists venerate Satan as a supernatural deity. In contrast, Atheistic Satanists[5] consider themselves atheists, agnostics, or apatheists and regard Satan as merely symbolic of certain human traits.

en.wikipedia.org...

That was wiki on atheistic satanism.
Here is more about atheism in general

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the lack of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2][3] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[3][4][5] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[6][7] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[7][8]

Atheism is accepted within some religious and spiritual belief systems, including Jainism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Neopagan movements[15] such as Wicca,[16] and nontheistic religions. Jainism and some forms of Buddhism do not advocate belief in gods,[17] whereas Hinduism holds atheism to be valid, but difficult to follow spiritually.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

Now Buddhists may not believe in an overal deity, but they do believe in Gautama Buddha, the founder of the religion, and other Buddhas.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

atheistic satanism

Yup. Check out www.churchofsatan.com... or listen to some Marylin Manson.

BTW, try not to laugh at the welcome screen at The Church of Satan. They're daring you to not laugh.

I think the Methodists also look at humans as carnal beasts. However, they think divinity can be attained.
edit on 7-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Then you won't mind if I suggest that humanism not be taught in school.

I didn't know it was. I don't see why it should be. Are you talking about exploring views of our nature?

Values clarification and social engineering? This isn't the school I went to. My daughter isn't getting this is far as I know. She thinks that kind of thing is silly and would jump to tell me about it.
edit on 6-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

Well, many atheists regard themselves as "naturalists", but that should not mean that things of nature should not be taught, I assumed that would be included under the heading of science, since nature follows scientific and mathematical principles(for instance flowers and shells following the fibonacci sequence in their formation). I mean principally that schools ought not to be in the business of replacing parental values with the values of the State through the process of values clarification. I am principally talking about grade school not college.
Educators know that children learn their values and mores from their parents first before anything else and that is why they endeavor to separate the children from their parents values so they can instill those values which they deem to be of value to the State.

Some of the questions given to the children get very involved in morbidity, death, suicide, and other things.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Some of the questions given to the children get very involved in morbidity, death, suicide, and other things.

Well, my little part of the planet in Oklahoma seems to not be doing that. I keep hearing about things going on in the rest of the world that don't appear to be happening here.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well, my little part of the planet in Oklahoma seems to not be doing that. I keep hearing about things going on in the rest of the world that don't appear to be happening here.

Well, I'm glad to hear it, and that you are reviewing the materials.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Here is one exercise, and you may not find this so bad, but I wonder why they are even focusing on such things.

Write your own obituary, putting into it all of your life long accomplishments of which you are proud and why you are proud of this accomplishments.

Imagine that you are on your death bed and about to die.

frank.mtsu.edu...
Well now doesn't that sound really fun.

That is probably not as bad as some of them.

Notice the reference to John Dewey in Values Clarification in this PHD thesis

Given this value confusion and idiosyncratic behavior pattern, it is the task of each person “...to wrest his own values from the available array” (Raths, et al., 1966, p. 10). Raths (the originator of values
clarification) encouraged students to think for themselves about their value confusion in an effort to enable
them to be more self-directing in life’s confusions. Merrill Harmin (co-author with Raths) notes that
Raths’ view was built on Dewey’s suggestions that reflection on life experiences would serve integration
of sense, need, impulse, and action (1979, p. 23).

www.apologeticspress.org...

Dewey believed that children are cogs in the wheel of society and that they exist for the State. He believed that education needed to prepare the children to perform their role as cogs in society. Therefore one must follow that in order to do that, the State must tell the children how to think and behave according to the needs of society. To do this, they have to direct the children away from possible conflicting mores of their parents. (because the parents often believed in God and Christ and the State is a creature of Marxism under the Dewey model).
edit on 7-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Yea, "Imagine You're Dying" sounds like a children's game. However, making pride a motivator is pretty shallow.

Recently, jokingly, to my daughter, I went into a long detailed ramble about horrible ways to die. Her "Daaaad!" reaction was adorable. She's taking after me in the non-belief department. It doesn't seem to bother her.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Yea, "Imagine You're Dying" sounds like a children's game. However, making pride a motivator is pretty shallow.

Recently, jokingly, to my daughter, I went into a long detailed ramble about horrible ways to die. Her "Daaaad!" reaction was adorable. She's taking after me in the non-belief department. It doesn't seem to bother her.

Well, my point is the State dividing the children from their parents to take on the ideas of the State. I happen to be anti-Statist in that regard. I really just used that example because of the focus on death and dying.

This may explain it better than me
www.gospelway.com...

3) Some questions put ideas in kids' heads. They may create unnecessary fears or preoccupations with death. They may lead kids to think it is normal to consider and plan a suicide.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Atheism - - lack of belief in a god. Period. That is the entire definition of Atheism.

REPEAT - REPEAT - REPEAT - AGAIN - AGAIN - AGAIN

What any individual Atheist thinks/believes - whatever - is their personal philosophy.

However - - - IMO - - there are those who claim Atheism - kind of like its trendy - that are not really Atheists.

If you claim Atheism because you are angry with god/church. That's not really atheism.

Claiming to be Atheist and following Satan - - is ridiculous. If you don't believe in god - there is no Satan.

The Church of Satan - - has nothing to do with Atheism. Even though some Atheist's went.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Searching and pulling all kinds of crap you think represents Atheism - - - doesn't mean it actually does.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join