It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

They may take down my Captain Picard post- but they will never take down the effect it had on the readers of its time.

ATS, the final battleground... These are the stories of the journey to destroy ignorance.... Its continuing mission to preserve truth, to seek out new perspectives and ideas, and to boldly go where no brainwashed fox addict has gone before!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

my religion is Heavy Metal... see documentary in my signature.

I do have faith and I believe on one man only for true wisdom and that is Jesus Christ.

I am sorry I don't make a good Christian yet... I may still be too young? I admire those who follow that protestant blend of religion.

I make one helluva Patriot though! God Bless and Thank America for that

edit on 30-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip

They may take down my Captain Picard post- but they will never take down the effect it had on the readers of its time.

ATS, the final battleground... These are the stories of the journey to destroy ignorance.... Its continuing mission to preserve truth, to seek out new perspectives and ideas, and to boldly go where no brainwashed fox addict has gone before!

oh man Picard RULES!

totally blows Kirk away.. though Kirk was cool, he's just antiquated as the hippie generation imo.

I only take in the Good News btw

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I see, you have once again lost the discussion, and now this is the tactic you use to muddy the waters.

Although this one is not as deplorable as the other ones, it is too late buddy, you lost.

Consider yourself exposed for what you really are.

I do have faith and I believe on one man only for true wisdom and that is Jesus Christ.

Then live by his values.

I'm pretty sure Jesus loved all people equally right? That includes gay people. He also didn't attack people, didn't slander them, didn't tell lies.

I don't think Jesus would be very proud off you.

edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Should black people be passive and dismissive of the KKK?

Yes - I am putting a gay person in the context of a black person speaking about bullying by the KKK.

Why? Really? Why should/would a black person need to be passive and politically correct when speaking about their treatment by the KKK?

Yes! I am saying extreme Christians (and others) - - some even calling for death of gays - - are equivalent to the KKK in their treatment of blacks.

There are many politically correct gay activists. There is also need for some to be outspoken and in-your-face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what the hell is a gay "lifestyle"?

Gay “lifestyle”? What the hell does that mean?

While I’m a heterosexual female (who finds women far more beautiful than men - go figure), I have always found the term “gay lifestyle” highly offensive. How is being gay a lifestyle? People have active lifestyles, sedentary lifestyles, culinary lifestyles, etc., but in my mind being gay is not a lifestyle. You cannot control your sexual orientation, nor should you have to. One cannot help being gay any more than one has any say in the color of his/her eyes. dragonfliesandcoffee.tumblr.com...

edit on 30-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Climax

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Climax
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Is christianity completly above reproach? No, christianity is a disgrace and theres no other way to spin it.

The true moral here is be careful of what you say because your own words can be used against you.

This 47 year old bully ambushed / attacked a room full of teenagers.

As they fled the scene of the ambush he hurled defamatory names at them.

I would like to see Dan Savage give that same speech to a room full of 47 year old

men and women.

Does he have the courage to do that?

Are you insinuating that a room full of grown adults like you would...what? Beat him up?

You need to really rethink the company you keep.

If Dr. Phil McGraw was sitting in the front row, he would have launched out of his chair

and protected the high school teenagers from the 47 year old bully.

Dan Savage would have run for the exit when confronted by Dr. Phil McGraw.

Dan Savage doesn't have the courage to give that exact same speech in front of

adults.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

my religion is Heavy Metal... see documentary in my signature.

I am sorry I don't make a good Christian yet... I may still be too young? I admire those who follow that protestant blend of religion.

I make one helluva Patriot though! God Bless and Thank America for that

WOW, you don't know much about religion then, if you did, you would realize how your previous actions, and words are completely incomparable with the quoted post.

The Salvation Army is a Protestant Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that currently works in over 120 countries.[2]

It was founded in 1865 in the United Kingdom by William Booth and his wife Catherine as the north London Christian Mission and with a quasi-military structure.[3] The theology of the Salvation Army is "mainstream Protestant".

Source

How does it feel to be a hypocritical fool. I will be waiting for your apology, if you have the intestinal fortitude to humble yourself.
edit on 4/30/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I feel sorry for anyone who gauges "goodness" with Phil McGraw, the man is a showman, and his practices are questionable at best.

The Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists determined on October 21, 1988, that McGraw had hired a former patient for "part-time temporary employment".[13] Specifically the Board cited "a possible failure to provide proper separation between termination of therapy and the initiation of employment"[14] and issued a letter of reprimand and imposed administrative penalties.[15] The Board also investigated claims made by the patient of inappropriate contact initiated by McGraw, but the "Findings of Fact" document issued by the Board on October 21, 1988, at the end of its investigation, includes no reference to any physical contact of any kind. It specifically identified "the therapeutic and business relationships" as constituting McGraw's sole issue with the Board.[15] McGraw fulfilled all terms of the Board's requirements, and the Board closed its complaint file in June, 1990.[16]

McGraw was named a co-defendant, along with CBS Television, in a 2006 lawsuit filed in relation to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.[45] The lawsuit was filed by Deepak Kalpoe and his brother Satish Kalpoe, who claimed that an interview they did with McGraw, aired in September 2005, was "manipulated and later broadcast as being accurate, and which portrays Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe 'as engaging in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway and constitutes defamation.'"[45] The Kalpoe brothers claimed invasion of privacy, fraud, deceit, defamation, emotional distress, and civil conspiracy in the suit, which was filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court.[46][47]

In January, 2008, McGraw visited entertainer Britney Spears in her hospital room.[48] The visit by McGraw drew criticism from the Spears family and from mental health professionals.

The visit appeared to be part of an attempt at getting Spears and her parents to take part in an "intervention" on the Dr. Phil television show.[49] Immediately after the visit, McGraw issued public statements[50][51] about Spears' situation that Spears' family spokeswoman Lou Taylor said violated their family trust in McGraw. "This is another example of a trust being betrayed", Taylor told Today co-host Meredith Vieira. "Rather than helping the family’s situation, the celebrity psychologist caused additional damage", she said.[52] Several mental health care professionals criticized McGraw for his actions; however, fellow TV psychologist Dr. Joyce Brothers defended McGraw.

On April 13, 2008, a producer for the Dr. Phil show secured $30,000 bail for the ringleader of a group of eight teenage girls who viciously beat another girl and videotaped the attack.[56] The teen had been booked at the Polk County, Florida, jail on charges that included kidnapping and assault. Producers of the Dr. Phil show had made plans to tape a one-hour show devoted to the incident and had sent a production assistant to Orlando to help book guests for the show. However, when news broke that the Dr. Phil show producer had posted bail for the teen, the outcry caused the show to cancel their plans. "In this case certain staffers went beyond our guidelines," said Theresa Corigliano, spokesperson for the Dr. Phil show. "We have decided not to go forward with the story as our guidelines have been compromised."

McGraw was sued by Thomas Riccio, the memorabilia collector responsible for taping the Las Vegas robbery that led to OJ Simpson being convicted. Riccio sued McGraw in Los Angeles Superior Court for defamation, fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress and false light for what Riccio claims to have been deceitful editing of the Dr. Phil Show on which he appeared in early October 2008.[58]

McGraw's advice and methods have drawn criticism from some fellow psychotherapists as well as from some laymen. McGraw's critics regard advice given by him to be at best simplistic, and at worst, ineffective.[59] McGraw said in a 2001 South Florida newspaper interview that he never liked traditional one-on-one counseling, and that "I'm not the Hush-Puppies, pipe and 'Let's talk about your mother' kind of psychologist.'"[60]

Source

He is a man who takes advantage of whoever he can, abuses trust, and people, and his actions are very much those of a bully himself. It might be a good idea for you to find a more reputable guiding light.

ETA: Oh, and though no two speeches are exactly alike, he HAS made this same speech many times in front of adults, with the same reaction by the vast majority of non-bigoted individuals.
edit on 4/30/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

I see, you have once again lost the discussion, and now this is the tactic you use to muddy the waters.

Although this one is not as deplorable as the other ones, it is too late buddy, you lost.

Consider yourself exposed for what you really are.

Then live by his values.

I'm pretty sure Jesus loved all people equally right? That includes gay people. He also didn't attack people, didn't slander them, didn't tell lies.

I don't think Jesus would be very proud off you.

edit on 30-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

Trying to derail a discussion you are failing at is a form of trolling, best to ignore this one, and the other one, they will either start to scream, stomp, and throw a temper tantrum that will get them booted, and posts removed, or they will go away. Either way, thus thread will be back on track, and improved.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

At the risk of being off topic, and my post being too short......STAR FOR YOU! Your post hits the nail on the head.
2nd line

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28

You are speaking to a teachings of Christ following log cabin republican. I can take criticism of who I am, my political leanings, and my religious beliefs every day from people and I am able to be thankful that I live in a country where they have the right to speak their own opinions about my beliefs. It would seem you are not of a mindset which thinks everyone should celebrate the freedom we possess; I'm almost getting the impression you are of a mindset that basic liberties and freedoms should be stripped away in order to protect your rather think skin.

I am thankful also that I too am an American...

congratulations

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

ok so it is all my fault?

thanks alot friend... I suppose you can do no wrong?

but I don't think I nor the other readers of this discussion will let you steer it any longer...

let's get back on subject shall we...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I guess it is you who does not realize that Religion, Faith and Theology are three separate ideologies?

I practice Heavy Metal literally, on my guitar and with other members of our group. We have inter relationships with other denominations and houses of worship also.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Trashing Dr. Phil McGraw is weak and pathetic.

If you knew anything about him and his family you would know that he is a good and

decent man who would confront a 47 year old bully without hesitation.

Dan Savage would run for the exit when confronted by any adult.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I was not trashing the "good" Doctor, I was pointing out, citing sources, that he is not all he is cracked up to be, as far as figures to be looked up to. He uses people for his own gain, and has a long history of doing so,. That type of person is not a good and descent person.

Mr. savage has made these speeches in front of adult audiences, once you accept that, you point becomes mute. He also receives the same vast majority of support when he does, as he did in the speech this topic is about. Generally, It is only those who don't want to face their guilty conscience that object, as we see here.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You said you are a man of Jesus.

I said he would not be proud of you.

Look at what you wrote and compare it to the values of Jesus.

It's not my fault for sure.

I can do wrong, but I sure didn't do so here.

Your words in this thread are proof enough.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

I was not trashing the "good" Doctor, I was pointing out, citing sources, that he is not all he is cracked up to be, as far as figures to be looked up to. He uses people for his own gain, and has a long history of doing so,. That type of person is not a good and descent person.

Mr. savage has made these speeches in front of adult audiences, once you accept that, you point becomes mute. He also receives the same vast majority of support when he does, as he did in the speech this topic is about. Generally, It is only those who don't want to face their guilty conscience that object, as we see here.

You went digging for dirt and conveniently ignored the other 99.9% good news surrounding

Dr. Phil McGraw.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The only good news there is for Mr. McGraw, is that his bank account is well padded from his use of people and his exploiting of people on his TV show.

Can we get back to the OP's topic? or are you intent on derailing this thread?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Dan Savage Addresses Journalist Conference Speech Controversy, Denies Attacking Christianity

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The outspoken lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocate addressed the backlash on his blog late Sunday. "I would like to apologize for describing that walk out as a pansy-assed move," he writes. "I wasn't calling the handful of students who left pansies (2,800+ students, most of them Christian, stayed and listened), just the walk-out itself. But that's a distinction without a difference -- kinda like when religious conservatives tells their gay friends that they 'love the sinner, hate the sin.'"

Now what?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I guess you agree with this too?

“I wish the Republicans were all f***** dead." ... (the eventual winner), “should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the rope.”

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join