It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Canada!!!! (And a personal experience)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey everyone, been avidly reading ATS for about 6 months now and it was just a little while ago that I decided to finally make my own account and start engaging in conversation with the majority of well spoken, intellectual people who flock to this site.

As for myself, I'm a Computer-Science major who has always had a fascination with anything extraordinary. I especially enjoy your guys threads on ancient unexplained structures.(and NO I don't not buy the majority of that Ancient Alien garbage) I feel its absolutely fascinating that knowledge has been lost somewhere along humanity's great trek across the ages. My personal opinion is that many of the documents and sources containing this wealth of information have been destroyed by some of the more...shall we say ignorant sects of certain cultures of our world. (I.E The Library of Alexandria)

I am intrigued by Paranormal topics, although I must reinforce the fact that to this day, I have seen no solid proof of a spiritual realm or an afterlife inhabited by the people whom one once knew in their lifetime, but the general notion fascinates me. I love to read you guys' own personal experiences, in the hopes that I too can one day experience a life-changing event of this magnitude.

Now while we're on the topic of Personal Experiences. Let me include my own.

About 10 years ago (I was 14) me and my step-father were very excited to view a meteor shower that was expected to be quite a dazzling display, with many, many meteors to be seen. Our local news channel advised us that viewing the meteor shower from within the city limits may lower the amount that we see, which me and my step-father were not too excited about. So we decided to take his older Dodge truck out in the country so we can have a truly spectacular view, I live in southern Alberta, on the West end of Canada, so most of the country around my city is open plain with range or service roads running between them. After about an hour and half of driving, our bearing was a general north-west direction from the city, we found a very dark and quiet range road that we decided would prove a great spot to view the meteor shower. At this point I was growing impatient because I had seen a few already out of my window, I told my step-dad to stop, and we set up our chairs and proceeded to watch the shower. After about 40 minutes or so the frequency of the meteors had slacked of substantially, and being a teenager with a short attention span, I was kind of ready to go.

This is where it gets weird.

We folded the chairs up and packed everything up in the pan of truck, I hopped out and opened the passenger door, as soon as my butt touched the seat all I can remember seeing for a split second was extreme light. Not blinding, just LIGHT. I mean it was daylight for about a second.....I could make out a farmhouse and trees in the distance where a second before I saw only darkness. Now this only happened for what must have been a second or less, but it seemed much longer. Now I immediately looked to my step-father with a look of shock and noticed that his face was painted in the same expression. He started driving off right away, and I could tell that he was very nervous. When I went home that night I had a strange feeling that what I witnessed was not exactly what it was. To this day my step-dad is very apprehensive regarding that night, and he has done his very best to ensure that no one brings it up. Before I started reading a substantial amount on ATS this memory had almost been repressed, like I didn't want to remember it.

Believe it or not, It's what happened, I welcome your guys feedback on the matter.

It's great to meet all of you, I can't wait to get to you know you better!!!

C.S

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can then start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas as we'd love to hear more on this subject you originally posted.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

edit on 4/28/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloomz

Welcome to the community! I love seeing new people coming forward and joining. I wish I had joined years ago being a lurker for so long but there is so much here to offer everyone!

Have fun!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

Thanks!
Very Nice to Meet you!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
had an experience similar to yours in 04 but I found something. its been a long trip but its being tested. No one has been able to identify it definitively to date. Hoping to get some strange results. More to come when its done

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloomz

welcome to ATS, sounds like you will fit right in.

did you and your stepfather notice if you lost any time during that incident ?
very strange.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

Can't wait to hear more, thanks for your insight. Are there any more details you can let me know about what you found?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

It's hard to say as it happened quite a while ago, all I can seem to recall is the feeling that night. Such a strange incident.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey! Welcome to ATS. Nice avatar! Hope you have fun and enjoy being here.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks, Your avatar is thoroughly awesome as well.

Cheers

DSO

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Welcome! Nice to have another fellow Southern Albertan on here. Interesting story you got too, what town/area did it happen in near exactly? Was it more towards Ghost or Sundre or HWY 2?
edit on 27-4-2012 by DSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

You should re post your story on a new thread when you get 20 posts and can make one.
I'm sure you will get lots of opinions and possibilities to what it could of been.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've achieved my 20 posts!

I think that starting a thread about my experience is a very good idea, I will copy what I have written already and elaborate some more, Will just finish making dinner and then will get to work on it!

Talk to you all soon!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DSO

It would have been past Ghost Lake, somewhere in the Waiparous vicinity I would assume. Although I remember we drove for an hour and a half, so I'm thinking it may have been even a little farther out than this.

Glad to know there's local stock here as well!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just thought Id send my welcomes to you from Lethbridge. Glad to have you here, sounds like youll fit right in.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome Gloomz

You have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will now be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

top topics

join