It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry is turning Orange!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupaFly
If you take a look at a pic of Kerry on Yahoo, the coloring is different. I don't know if maybe it was touched up or what...see for yourself..

Does anyone remember years ago when OJ Simpson's photo was in some newspaper or magazine (I don't remember what one) and there was a controversy about his skin colour being darkened intensionally? I think it had something to do with racism and assumed guilt because he was African-American. Anyone recall?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
[Does anyone remember years ago when OJ Simpson's photo was in some newspaper or magazine (I don't remember what one) and there was a controversy about his skin colour being darkened intensionally? I think it had something to do with racism and assumed guilt because he was African-American. Anyone recall?

It was a Time magazine cover.

So what are you saying here, Jonna? Are you accusing Matt Drudge of manipulating a photo to create a political scandal? This is Matt Drudge, we are talking about here, not...not... well, no one with less scruples than Matt Drudge comes to mind at the moment. But I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yes, OJ's mugshot was intentionally darkened by Time Magazine. Here's more details if you want to refresh your memory:

www.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu...

I noticed Kerry's skin color on T.V. and it was very orange. If Drudge darkened it I would be surprised. The photo that is on this thread also looks orange, it isn't as dark as the one on Drudge, but it certainly doesn't look like a natural tan!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc
So what are you saying here, Jonna? Are you accusing Matt Drudge of manipulating a photo to create a political scandal? This is Matt Drudge, we are talking about here, not...not... well, no one with less scruples than Matt Drudge comes to mind at the moment. But I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

I'm not saying that I'm saying anything...well, except that last thing I said...and this one.

But orange? Why? Is this an insinuation that Kerry is acidic or that he's rich of vitamin C?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The pic on Drudge looks too rich in color. The Yahoo pic looks normal.

[edit on 9/28/04 by SupaFly]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
People you have made my day with this post I can not stop laughing, you know I was in California station on 29 palms when the OJ trial and I watched that trial to the end I was in a K-mart when the verdict was read and It was like 50 people looking at the TV monitor and when he got acquitted everybody cheer with approval.

Now perhaps Kerry is just drinking to many carrot juice and eating to many tomatoes.

And any way is better to have a rosy healthy color that the pasty white color of bush.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Now that Drudge has a link up there is more to the story:

Kerry advisers defend the sudden deep tan transition, noting how it simply was from a game of flag football last Friday in Bedford, Mass.

But the College Democrats who met Kerry were surprised by his rich tan glow -- before the game even began, the HARVARD CRIMSON reports.

www.drudgereport.com...

If drudge added the color than so did Fox, MSNBC and CNN because the clips I saw of Kerry speaking that were shown on all 3 networks last night are what made me realize he was orange. It was not until I woke up this morning and saw Drudge that I realized it was not my TV and I had not been hallucinating.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the link jemison,

Yes the first picture shows him very red indeed, compare to his hand, now the second picture looks enhanced to me.

Now he is of to pale skin to get a tan like that natural without looking like a boil lobster, so it looks like spray tan, its becoming very popular, perhaps the reason is because he became ill in the past few days and now he does not want to look pale and sick on tv.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Im sorry I know this is off topic but marg did you say you APPROVED of O.J.'s aquittal? Are you serious? How can someone who claims to have such a respect for life appluad the release of a murderer?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
If drudge added the color than so did Fox, MSNBC and CNN because the clips I saw of Kerry speaking that were shown on all 3 networks last night are what made me realize he was orange. It was not until I woke up this morning and saw Drudge that I realized it was not my TV and I had not been hallucinating.

Then it's possible that Yahoo's camera or editing changed the pic.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

perhaps the reason is because he became ill in the past few days and now he does not want to look pale and sick on tv.

Good point marg, I didn't think of that! Now that I think about it he was looking rather pale when he was ill. But the color is just TOO orange. I wonder if his people called the maker of the self-tan lotion in a panic asking for a magic concoction to get the stuff off of him!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So what if Kerry wants to be tan?
There's lots of guys around here who go to the tanning bed. Even the local football coach here at the highschool goes and gets bronzed up. It's not just for women anymore.
Kerry and Bush's clothing altogether is worth more than a house and car to the average person by the way. They BOTH keep up an image.
Bush's handmade italian shoes cost a thousand dollars a pair. Those ridiculous cowboy boots that Bush pays a fortune for are the height of vanity to me. You know the ones that have GWB stitched on them?
I know some might think those boots are cool, but to me they're sort've geeky. Especially when he wore them with suits.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Im sorry I know this is off topic but marg did you say you APPROVED of O.J.'s aquittal? Are you serious? How can someone who claims to have such a respect for life appluad the release of a murderer?

No, I don't, I think he got the money to get away from it. What I said is that I followed the trial I also went to see the place, and I was in a K-mart when his verdict was read and it was about 50 people in there and they all cheer when he got acquited.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sorry if I misunderstood you there marg

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Jemison, the spray tan is very popular around here were I live, and it does get you orange, now perhaps the lights made it look like more orangy that it should be.

Thank god I don't neet those enhancers I was born with a nice tan, from the caribean.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
He looks like an ooooooompa luuuuuuumpa.

It wasn't just the Druge picture. I saw it this morning
on TV and thought ... what the heck???

Notice there are many differences, not just skin color.
hmmmmmmm.

Hope this works.

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So what if Kerry wants to be tan?

I agree. But he isn't tan. He's ORANGE! And your right, they both spend a fortune on their appearance which is why I'm shocked that Kerry looks as if he went to the local drugstore and purchased a 1.99 self-tanning product that is probably way past it's expiration date
Oh well, shows he's human. Even Billionaires sometimes can't figure out how to use self tanning lotion. I wonder if his palms have that orange tint too ... or maybe Teresa's palms are orange! Hey, let's all be on the lookout for who has the orange palms and is the one that applied the lotion!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Okay that pic got a giggle out of me. That's a very bad picture of Kerry. The orange and the white sides look equally bad. lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
edited. nevermind.

[edit on 9/28/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It seems they've both spent a lot of time in the sun on their campaign stops. (maybe too much!). Bush looks older and grayer than he did a few years ago. Kinda bland. Maybe Kerry wants to look more vibrant and youthful, especially going after the younger crowd. He's a bit "rugged" in features, but if he'd be a little more animated it would match up. He's too wooden. His demeanor doesn't match up with the rugged, tan look he's going for. Good thing he got orange now and has time for it to fade down and of course they'll both be made up and nicely assembled for tv. Bush always looks good, he has good handlers putting him together. Kerry always looks tired or harrassed when I see him. He needs to relax his shoulders a little, ease his grip on the mic and 'brighten up' his long faced look. He's got a good build, good head of hair, they should be trying to make more of it for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join