It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry is turning Orange!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Kerry is turning orange. I thought maybe I was hallucinating but there is a photo of him on Drudge and they mention his orange color as well. What is going on?

It clearly is not a natural tan. I'm wondering if he is concerned about blushing during the debates and maybe he thinks his new color will hide that. Either that or he wants to look more relaxed and thinks a tan will give him the appearance of being more at ease.

IMHO It makes him look fake and psychologically makes one think he is less credible!

Why is he orange???? What are your thoughts?

Jemison

Here is the link on Drudge:
www.drudgereport.com...

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Jemison to add drudge link]

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Jemison]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I saw that. I have no idea what is going on.
Has he been to sunny states recently while campaigning?
When would he have time for sunbathing?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It could just be a combination of Drudge's political motivations and lighting. However, the impression I have of Senator Kerry would not put a pre-debate fake tan out of the question.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It was reported that he has been in Wisconsin getting ready for the debates! And it is NOT a natural tan. It doesn't look like he just came back from a tropical vacation ... it looks like he ate 6,000 bags of carrots!

And no, it isn't just Drudge making this up. I noticed it when I saw a clip of him talking on the 24th. I thought it was my T.V. but quickly realized it wasn't.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think he may be trying to call to mind the way JFK looked in his debates with Nixon. However his orangish hue was due to a disease (I forget which one)

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have noticed a long time ago that Kerry's eyebrows don't move, in fact most of his face has been paralyzed with Botox. Only his lips move to form words and his eyes close to empahisize his opinions. And the tan is ever present in it's unnatural orange form. Personally I think he had a second instant airbrush tan too soon after the first one, and it caused this excessive orange build up. Is his wife his image consultant? That's a very scary thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well, he only has 2 days to figure out how to get rid
of the orange brush on tan. Wanna' bet his handlers
are making phone calls to Michael Jackson to see what
he has been using all these years to 'whiten up'??

(yes, I know, MJ claims to have that skin disease,
but I don't buy it)

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How did I know that it was only a matter of days before people started bashing Kerry's looks on this board. It's sad.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc
How did I know that it was only a matter of days before people started bashing Kerry's looks on this board. It's sad.

You're right. It is sad when a man is so uncomfortable with his appearance that he requires botox and artificial tan to impress his audience, shouldn't the potential president of the USA have more faith in his abilities? In a political debate I expect a political candidate to show his true colors.

What will he do if there is another attack on America, get a tan?

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
All I'll say is it's better than being Yellow like Bush.

Childish political attacks are now circulating around the internet.I can't help feeling it's being orchestrated.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc

Bashing Kerry's looks? What a great idea!

Anyone else think he looks like tweety bird?
Anyone else think he's turning orange cause the RED in him is starting to bleed through?
What color do you get when you mix red with yellow?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OMFG, how original.

Red.

Yeah, you go ahead and go hunt commies, you intolerant....

nevermind.

Just...why is it that communists are always under attack? Because they think that people who are normally crushed under people's boots should have an equal chance to share their talents?

Talk about insecurity.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I agree the communist bogey man is a very dated argument.

But staying with this discussion I really think that Kerry has the weakest campaign team of ANY candidate EVER!.I mean honestly to get a fake tan for a debate? What about a leopard skin thong so he can be sexy like Teresa? It boggles the mind that a presidential candidate can be this shallow.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There are salons that do "spray tanning". If not done correctly, they can make the person look orange.

Perhaps this is what happened? Looks similar to what I've seen

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Another thing about that Commie boogey man...

Ever notice what color republican states are on the map?

Then shut up.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Actually I'm not bashing his looks. I'm confused as to why he chose to alter his appearance. Whatever he did clearly did not turn out the way he intended. Unless of course he did it for the Floridians who have had major Orange crop damage due to the hurricanes ...

People have said that Kerry does not have that 'comfortable', 'at ease' feeling and that he tends to make black and white issues more complicated by throwing in various shades of gray. I just wondered if his new tan was supposed to make people see him in a different light.

There have been many studies done on how ones appearance can impact how others percieve them. Kerry is in the fight of his life, so it's no wonder that he'll try anything to make people want to choose him. I'm just wondering if his Orange glow IS part of an effort to change peoples perception of him.

Studies have also shown that the taller candidate generally wins. If Bush hits the debate in 4 inch platform shoes I'm sure someone will start a thread on that.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't call communists boogeymen, objects of ridicule yeah but boogeymen nahhh.
Idiots yes, morons yes, Boogeymen no.

Besides I figured that since there are no negative philosophies I know of that are connected with orange, red was close enough.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So what you are all saying is that you are prejudice against orange people!?! That sort of racism makes me sick!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If you take a look at a pic of Kerry on Yahoo, the coloring is different. I don't know if maybe it was touched up or what...see for yourself..

LINK

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Besides I figured that since there are no negative philosophies I know of that are connected with orange, red was close enough.

Here is some info on Orange!!!

A balance of orange will let a person handle the ups and downs of life with finesse, quickly recovering from disappointments or wounded heart or pride.

Orange is the color of joy and creativity and promotes a general sense of wellness.

Too much ORANGE and we become self-centered and self serving, disregarding the needs of others. Pride, and arrogance can will push us out of balance.

Too little ORANGE and we lose our motivation, our self esteem suffers, and we have a tendency to isolate or become rebellious.

www.sobrietystones.com...

Jemison

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join