It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hostage Incident' At Tottenham Court Road

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

'Hostage Incident' At Tottenham Court Road

news.sky.com

There are reports that four people have been taken hostage at Tottenham Court Road in central London.
Hundreds of people have been evacuated from surrounding buildings.

Armed police are at the scene and the area is at a standstill.

Police have only confirmed that it is not a terrorist incident and "a man who is causing a disturbance and criminal damage at an office building".

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is breaking on Sky at the moment, someone apparently walked in and said he had nothing left to live for.

Reported that police explosives experts are at the scene along with negotiators.

Will add more as it comes in. Hopefully it all plays out ok, no news as to what weapon the guy has if any.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Apparently he was angry at not getting an HGV licence.

Has a gas cannister strapped to him.

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yep - that would set me off.

Grrrrr

Hope those poor people are okay.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

lol.... HGV License??

Surely that would not send someone over the edge!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
goodjob he never got a HGV licence he sound's like a bit of a looney toon

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by CX

lol.... HGV License??

Surely that would not send someone over the edge!!!!!!!

I know, there must be more on his plate than that. I mean fair enough it could have meant the end of his job choice and security for himself/family, but to be honest i'm rather glad that someone who takes people hostage with gas cannisters isn't in charge of a HGV on a public road!

CX.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I know, was watching this earlier...

It seems he walked into the office building and said "I have no reason to live any more" and was pissed off about failing an HGV test.

And began throwing computers out of office windows.

He allegedly has 4 hostages.

He has gas canisters strapped to him and is threatening to take people with him.

I'm not really sure of many other details and several other buildings have been evacuated and roads closed.

Not really sure what to make of this yet.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I gave it a flag anyway, as its breaking news and maybe an eye should be on the event!!

come to think of it i'm watching 'the event' at the moment, on episode 13.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread. I'm watching it live on sky news now. Looks like a very, very scary situation - 4 hostages have been taken apparently.

Let's hope this ends peacefully.

Edit: Apparently he's going nut's in there, throwing computers out the windows, throwing furniture around, trashing the place etc - We've just been shown images of something rather large and heavy being thrown too.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Heard Gazza is on his way with a curry, 4 cans and a fishing rod

But seriously hope it doesn't get too serious for anyone to get hurt

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Edit: Apparently he's going nut's in there, throwing computers out the windows, throwing furniture around, trashing the place etc - We've just been shown images of something rather large and heavy being thrown too.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Just saw a pic posted to twitter..

Someone's chucking stuff out of the window of an office on tottenham court road #tcr street evacuated

twitter.com

Hope everyone comes though ok!

OiO

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This happening in the USA all the time...probably some disgruntled sex shop worker who needs surgery.....move along folks nothing to see here.......

And why would you say armed police? aren't they armed anyway? Here they are...and for good reason....Americans are nutts

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Here's the pic for everyone else too:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/fw4f9a984c.jpg[/atsimg]

Apparently he's a "50 year old male."

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Some images

edit on 27/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Just send the SAS in there

Seriously though, that is alot of stuff getting chucked out of the windows...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The building apparently houses the Huffington Post UK. Maybe this is linked? I don't know much about the organisation but know there have been some controversies. I'm sure other members will be well informed of them.

The Metropolitan Police said the man had a grievance against the company. The office building houses news website The Huffington Post UK. Joaqam Ramus, who works at nearby Cafe Fresco, said before being evacuated: "There was talk of a bomb and somebody having a hostage in a building.

BBC News

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Man is named Michael Green...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
On the face of this many people are laughing about it, many are saying what a nut job, however, I prefer to take a worker's perpective.

Here is a guy, a 50 year old bloke, probably desperate for a job, employers not hiring him and probably thought HGV, I can do that and he gets denied and he has snapped. I can appreciate if this has happened, how this has happened.

If you're a worker in Britain, you don't get any help, you're the blood supply that keeps the country alive, but you don't get any help. The help is for the people that never have contributed, the help is for the people that never want to contribute.

This guy has bills, possibly a family to look after or at least has himself to look after and I reckon has totally snapped.

I can understand this and I actually feel gutted that it has come to this for him or indeed any honest worker across the planet, this is disgusting that a guy is this desperate that he does this, but as I said this country does nto care about the worker who is out on his backside and needs a helping hand.

A very sad situation and I hope it ends peacefully.
edit on 27-4-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

A very sad situation and I hope it ends peacefully.

I think I'm right in saying It ended a short while ago now. And with no casualties.

Although I think the area is still being double checked in case of anything suspicious, such as a bomb for example.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join