It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight Quarantined at Chicago Midway

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And K dog just made a post about how things were quieting down around here....where is he for this!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Freaking me out here, I just checked out this ATS post today about The Scarlet Plague...

So frightening in a world where biological warfare can be fact at any given moment... they have the nasty germs in bottles, hope none ever get out!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
wwwnc.cdc.gov...

fYI......dengue fever - rash and pustules......

After reading the CDC website on travel to Uganda, I do not know why anyone would willing go there.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I know this probably isn't related but I have a story....

I was at a friends house tonight and he was telling me about this guy he works with. Apparently this guy has been missing from work for the past six to seven weeks. My buddy thought that he had quit but low and behold he showed up today.My friend asked him where he has been and he told him in the hospital. He told my friend that about a month ago he got a rash on the top of his foot by his big toe. The rash was about three inches long. He paid it no mind and went to work the next day. Well it was bothering him at work and when he got home and took his sock off the rash was worse, really worse. He went to the hospital and spent the next three weeks trying to diagnose it. After a few weeks they finally got it under control and he was getting a little better. About 4-5 weeks in he took a turn for the worse. The rash was eating his flesh. When he went back they took his big toe. So far he is ok and show no sign of it spreading. They still have no idea what it was. At least that's what my friend is telling me.

He really didn't have any more information. I told him to ask him about it but it won't be next week until he sees him again. His story and this story plus all the crazy flesh eating stuff has me curious. I will post as soon as I have more info.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is just a tad bit frightening. No... I am lying. It is not just a tad bit. It is extremely frightening. And I can totally see how mass hysteria happens now. But! Has anything else been said about it. Any news whatsoever about WHY they might have quarantined it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
the man had a rash, that turned out to be "BUG BITES"

or is this a 2nd flight quarantined today?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

From what I heard thats what they said and released everyone. I don't trust the CDC and WHO though.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Maybe we can find something here. flightaware.com...

Anyone know the letters associated with flight number?

I got it. It never took back off. Something happened......

HERE!!!
edit on 27-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

It's Zombies:

To the cellar everyone!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Sounds like this................

MRSA may progress substantially within 24–48 hours of initial topical symptoms. After 72 hours, MRSA can take hold in human tissues and eventually become resistant to treatment. The initial presentation of MRSA is small red bumps that resemble pimples, spider bites, or boils; they may be accompanied by fever and, occasionally, rashes. Within a few days, the bumps become larger and more painful; they eventually open into deep, pus-filled boils.[3] About 75 percent of community-associated (CA-) MRSA infections are localized to skin and soft tissue and usually can be treated effectively[citation needed]. But some CA-MRSA strains display enhanced virulence, spreading more rapidly and causing illness much more severe than traditional healthcare-associated (HA-) MRSA infections, and they can affect vital organs and lead to widespread infection (sepsis), toxic shock syndrome, and necrotizing ("flesh-eating") pneumonia. This is thought to be due to toxins carried by CA-MRSA strains, such as PVL and PSM, though PVL was recently found to not be a factor in a study by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the NIH. It is not known why some healthy people develop CA-MRSA skin infections that are treatable while others infected with the same strain develop severe infections or die.[4]

MRSA

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I don't know however it sounded like they gave him a pretty good once over. I would imagine they would discovered something as common as MRSA. I will know more Monday night. He is asking him some more questions.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

All I know is,if its contagious,stay away.

Seriously,if you have kids,or your immune system is low,you dont want that stuff.

Hope he gets better.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Knock, knock...
Who's there?
WHO.
Thats what I said, who's there?
WHO.
WHO, who?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This. I lost a great-grandmother and an uncle to that vile pathogen. 8:1 bleach/water and ironclad infectious disease protocol.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
reply to post by sonnny1

This. I lost a great-grandmother and an uncle to that vile pathogen. 8:1 bleach/water and ironclad infectious disease protocol.

Sorry to hear that Netwarrior.

I lost a sister to an extreme and rare form of Meningitis.

A little germ,or Pathogen.....

Scary.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I know this probably isn't related but I have a story....

I was at a friends house tonight and he was telling me about this guy he works with. Apparently this guy has been missing from work for the past six to seven weeks. My buddy thought that he had quit but low and behold he showed up today.My friend asked him where he has been and he told him in the hospital. He told my friend that about a month ago he got a rash on the top of his foot by his big toe. The rash was about three inches long. He paid it no mind and went to work the next day. Well it was bothering him at work and when he got home and took his sock off the rash was worse, really worse. He went to the hospital and spent the next three weeks trying to diagnose it. After a few weeks they finally got it under control and he was getting a little better. About 4-5 weeks in he took a turn for the worse. The rash was eating his flesh. When he went back they took his big toe. So far he is ok and show no sign of it spreading. They still have no idea what it was. At least that's what my friend is telling me.

He really didn't have any more information. I told him to ask him about it but it won't be next week until he sees him again. His story and this story plus all the crazy flesh eating stuff has me curious. I will post as soon as I have more info.

Sounds like MRSA, which necrotizes tissue, essentially eating away at the skin. My husband's grandmother contracted MRSA in a hospital when she was dying and her visiting nephew caught it and he lost one of his toes because of it:

en.wikipedia.org...

It shows a good, gross picture.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

I had MRSA(CA) in the summer of 2007.

It developed from a mosquito bite that I got in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

In less than a week from the day that I was bitten, I was in the ER to get treatment. The bite was on my right index finger. By the time I went to the ER, my right arm was swollen from my finger to my elbow. Within a day, they performed surgery on my hand, and the surgeon said that I would have lost my hand if I had waited another hour before coming to the hospital.

I was hospitalized for a week, had two surgeries performed on my hand and had a pic line installed to deliver antibiotics directly into my aorta. Luckily, the MRSA was not vancomycin resistant. I received IV vancomycin for 4 weeks. I went through A lot of physical therapy to get my hand back to 'somewhat' normal, I still have restricted mobility and numbness.
I consider myself to be very lucky.

edit on 27-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
this thread is way out of control and off topic.

The video clearly states that it was a domestic flight and that everyone has now been released.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

I had MRSA(CA) in the summer of 2007.

It developed from a mosquito bite that I got in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

In less than a week from the day that I was bitten, I was in the ER to get treatment. The bite was on my right index finger. By the time I went to the ER, my right arm was swollen from my finger to my elbow. Within a day, they performed surgery on my hand, and the surgeon said that I would have lost my hand if I had waited another hour before coming to the hospital.

I was hospitalized for a week, had two surgeries performed on my hand and had a pic line installed to deliver antibiotics directly into my aorta. Luckily, the MRSA was not vancomycin resistant. I received IV vancomycin for 4 weeks. I went through A lot of physical therapy to get my hand back to 'somewhat' normal, I still have restricted mobility and numbness.
I consider myself to be very lucky.

edit on 27-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

So sorry to hear, glad you recovered. I hadn't really heard much about it until the situation I described, outside of an acquaintance who developed it on her inner thigh after shaving. Started with a rash and was full-blown in no time. You were very lucky

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join