It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

Haha Have you seen the new 21 jump street You will laugh. Anyway, OP this is an awesome thread and completely different from what I normally read here. If his name comes out or anyone else steps to the fore will be unbelievably exciting.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
All i can do...is flag this for more people to read and make up THEIR own damn mind....which is what you should do with the message in your music as well
I have been hearing alot of talented hip hop artists with a new message lately. Actually I am hearing it across sever genres. Its an eye opening message. Interpretations of how the world around them is falling apart...not because of a break up...but because of loss of freedom....loss of financial control....to much police state signs. I am seeing this everything i listen to (MC Lars, to Icon for Hire (christian band BTW) to strung out, to thrice etc). Lets keep spreading the damn good music....which makes it even easier to spread the message since it also carries emotions so easily

Punk Rock for LIFE!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Illuminati?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
From the article

"I had been told that this was bigger than the music business ......"

Maybe its true

Just listen to the words

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Could be about a larger entity or force. Very strange:

edit on 27-4-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

interesting read. I'm a huge fan of hip-hop/rap music and a big conspiracy theorist so this is right up my alley. I've always thought that this genre of music seemed to trend the way it has on purpose. The constant bragging about spending money, sex, and drugs are reiterated themes that seem to be in every mainstream song. One thing I've noticed is that the newer generation doesn't talk about violence quite as much as the old one used to. Sure you still hear the occasional gang banger tracks, but for the most part all of the biggest mainstream hip hop songs don't really promote too much violence anymore. I think it's interesting and that there is a reason for this...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichieRay
reply to post by Jack Squat

interesting read. I'm a huge fan of hip-hop/rap music and a big conspiracy theorist so this is right up my alley. I've always thought that this genre of music seemed to trend the way it has on purpose. The constant bragging about spending money, sex, and drugs are reiterated themes that seem to be in every mainstream song. One thing I've noticed is that the newer generation doesn't talk about violence quite as much as the old one used to. Sure you still hear the occasional gang banger tracks, but for the most part all of the biggest mainstream hip hop songs don't really promote too much violence anymore. I think it's interesting and that there is a reason for this...

To me, Gangsta Rap was real life in music form.

NWA, DJ Quick, Eazy E, CMW were saying what was going on on the west coast. Police bruality, being poor and stung out on dope.

Its not glorified, just real.

The gangstas you see today are manufactured corporate characters.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
That was a good read, but I kinda find it hard to believe, really:

For instance - Crack Cocaine was released on the streets by 74-75 and became mainstream in the early eighties. Now take a look at this chart:

Chart

If they ever had a plan to fill the prisons, then Crack would be the conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am someone who is well rounded in music, and grew up around the golden age of "good" hip/hop...It is no longer the same.Back then the production and the lyrics came from the streets, now its more like I became famous because of YouTube, and I was discovered...

Never before in this century has there been an emcee or should I say this industry that can comprehend with me...- S.O.P

^^The main punchline

S.O.P

Hip/Hop was once good, but now you have to dig for it, because now days it is all garbage...

edit on 27-4-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaVice
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Just like they commercialized the Sicilian mob.

Yep....exactly. Problem was that your average teenager couldn't join the Mafia.....It was much easier to emulate inner city street gangs.

I can imagine the music industry getting into this, not realizing it would inspire millions of suburban kids to start emulating the violence of the inner city. They're problem lies in keeping the 'Thug Life' mystique going well past the point of it getting out of hand. They simply turned their back on the monster they'd created, because it was making them tons of money.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Nice post even if the original story turns out not to be true it still makes for an interesting read

Im going to throw something into the mix. What I found interesting was the mention of buying shares. What about all the product placements that are in hip hopthese days, Rolex, Moet champagne etc..Id love to get a look at P Diddy, Dr Dre, Eminems stock portfolios. All the bling bling promotion and champagne lifestyle is exactly what it is. its advertising to create a desire and make products aspirational. Cant afford a Rolex but want one, simple go mug someone and F The police.

massive Hip Hop fan so I aint dissin it. Just remeber what Public Enemy said "Fight the Power"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
If this is true, not only has it led to imprisonment of hundreds of thousands, probably millions of impressionable black youths, it has also reinforced segregation and strengthened stereotypes which are well and truly alive in America today. Unfortunately, rap music became popular worldwide so the greed of a small elite group has had profound implications on the progression and integration of societies worldwide over the past two decades. It makes it all the more easier to see how easy it is for those with money/ power to control the masses. We are all sheep no matter what we look like, where we're from or how strong we think we are.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
ahahahahahaha
hahahahahhaha
ahhahahah HA HA.....

you do realise this would only account for mainstream, and only for mainstream whos funders producers directors and so on were informed about.........

i have a studio in my basement and i rap, and i know a main stream rapper who made it from MY town, and he does not promoto this crap........

pbut what i really find funny, is how all you junkys star threads that contain utter bull#, but threads where real people risk their own health to pass foward information to you gets bashed and thrown out

you guys need to grow up and check what you're paying attention too

roflcopter @ secret meeting LOL

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
From the article

"I had been told that this was bigger than the music business ......"

Maybe its true

Just listen to the words

stop being a idiot, if it was true only a couple studios would know about and follow it, its not like its a written law for rappers, you guys really need to THINK FOR YOURSELF before you post this crap

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

I'll quote Flavor Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaav.

"Show'em what you got. Sho Sho Show'em what you got"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Frankenchrist:: heres for you you SeXIE beast

NOW THE ONLY REASON I MENTION Violence Or Guns, is because it adds to the metaphore i'm trying to get the viewer to understand, im not actually a cold blooded killer sweating paddling up stream, ITS A METAPHOREEEE, some call me a reptile cause i got SCALES UP TO MY KNEES, METAPHORE BOiES

edit on 27-4-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Good find OP. This is an interesting read indeed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
Frankenchrist:: heres for you you SeXIE beast

NOW IF YOU NOOOBS PAY ATTENTION

The only reason i mention guns or violence in my rap song here is because its needed to finnish my metaphore
only a real artist can understand all my metaphores most of you junkies are gonna listen to this and not see anything even though its full of messages

Not bad brother, not bad at all.

You kinda remind me of a a dude named Stryk9.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

is that his youtube account? like to check him out

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hah... Very interesting, although reading that post it made me think that i'm reading a book and not something someone would've taken the time to tell about what happened, i don't know, it seems very real, and it would not be surprising.

If you ask most people that actually like rap, i bet 80% will say old school is best, and that statement could very well support the post this man did talking about the music industry,

I myself only listen to old school rap, wu-tang, biggie, pac, etc, and old school rock & hard rock... today's music has lost it's meaning, and it's messages, everything is only about the same thing "Love, sex, Hoes, Money, Drugs" there's no true passion in it any more... Wu Tang was right, Cash does Rule Everything around us...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join