It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins Missouri Delegates + Caucus Chairman Arrested.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

But I don't want to go back to a gold standard that would turn us into a third world country.

That's good, I agree a gold standard is a mistake.

We should go with Silver.
Why? Because it's more plentiful and the US has vast deposits of it still not yet tapped.

Here is a little history for you buddy.

The Fourth Coinage Act was enacted by the United States Congress in 1873 and embraced the gold standard and demonetized silver. Western mining interests and others who wanted silver in circulation years later labeled this measure the "Crime of '73"[1]. Gold became the only metallic standard in the United States, hence putting the United States de facto on the gold standard.

The U.S. did not actually adopt the gold standard de jure until 1900, following a lengthy period of debate that was made famous by William Jennings Bryan's cross of gold speech at the 1896 Democratic convention. By this time, most major nations had moved to a gold standard. The only major nation that continued on the silver standard into the twentieth century was China. China and Hong Kong abandoned the silver standard in 1935.

Coinage Act of 1873

So actually Silver was one of the primary mediums for coinage historically, and it worked quite well.

Anyways, we need gold for our high-tech industry, microchips, spacecraft, etc. By freeing up all of that gold it will make it cheaper to acquire the materials for scientific development.

If you ever wanted a global currency, here is an idea. Just use a metric weight # of silver (unmarked). No writing on it or anything. Testing if it's real silver is fairly easy for the average consumer also, for example silver is not magnetic (but plated stainless steel is also not magnetic). Also you can dunk it in water ala Archimedes' principle and determine it's buoyancy thus density. Among various other methods that have popped up over time.

I have never really been a fan of gold, but I am a fan of silver.

edit on 27-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul 2012!

I don’t care WHO is on the ticket! If I have to, I will WRITE RP in!

I will in no way vote for the lesser evil!

It will be a cold day in hell before I vote for Obama-jad or Mittens!

Either way, at the end of the day, I will be walking out of the polling office with a smile on my face!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I bet your a government shill. You know exactly what I'm saying is true. Don't even try to deny it, who do you think you are to tell me what I think?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Damrod

This attitude of yours pretty much sums up my distaste for Ron Paul voters, and their candidate.

There is NOT a single reading of the constitution... even after it passed the FOUNDING FATHERS argued about what it all meant.

To pretend that you, and captain liberty Ron Paul, know the ONLY true reading of the constitution is just a joke. But it's the kind of joke that's not funny, because the comedian is screaming it in your face while calling you an ignorant idiot.

The amount of boilerplate "pro-liberty" # that gets screamed ad nauseum by Paul supporters makes them and their candidate, who also seems to think he's the smartest man in any room, look like assholes.

Ron Paul isn't the only one with a valid reading of the constitution. Disagreeing with his opinion doesn't make you unpatriotic or ignorant. Labelling someone you disagree with unpatriotic, to win an argument, is a real dick move though.
edit on 27-4-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

You got a candidate that knows or respects the Constitution more?
Your post is going to get SNIPed anyway, so I don't know why I bother with responding to it.
He is the smartest candidate unless you can make a case for anyone else.
disagreeing with most of what he says.....does make you ignorant....that isn't an opinion....that is a fact.
You got a law degree? I do.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Another self-righteous Paul supporter that thinks their opinion is fact.

Paul used to believe that using federal tax payer money for schools was unconstitutional. He no longer does. He also used to believe all schools at every level should be privatised. Until he changed his mind. But I guess you're smarter than Paul Mr Law School.

For the record, every court case that ends in a judgement has a losing lawyer, and judgements are frequently over-turned by higher courts. Because the legal system isn't an absolute. Every time something hits the supreme court it's because the legal and judicial system, full of super geniuses like you, can't agree what laws mean, or what IS constitutional. And guess what else, when the SC is deliberating, at least fairly frequently, people don't actual know what they will decide, because the law and the constituion is not as clear-cut as the supporters of Paul, brain-trusts like you, pretend it is.

And you know what, if you pay attention at all, and don't let your ideology cloud your judgement, like you have, you'd know this. The Constituion has been interpreted and re-interpreted and re-re-interpreted.

That's reality.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't really follow US politics too closely, not having lived there, but i have been following Dr. Ron Paul with enthusiasm.

I've seen quite a few US presidents come and go over the years, and to be frank i don't think there's been a great deal of anything positive acheived by any of them...but, watching the man speak, seeing the honesty shine through in every answer he ever gives, gives me every reason to believe he will be the one to break the same old, same old mold in US politics.

This of course has enormous positive ramifications for the world, not just finally a man to set America back on the right track, clean up the corruption and actually deliver to the people of the US what he consistently promises to deliver...a rejuvinated America, a clean America, a forward looking and forward moving world stage nation to be proud of once again.

Ron Paul doesn't deserve to be in the Oval office..America deserves Ron Paul to be in the Oval Office!
And so does the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

My Question to Ron Paul supporters ... why didn't Ron Paul vote NO on CISPA ?

He did speak out against it ..... here's the thread discussing the House vote

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because they held the voting at 12 o clock midnight a day before the vote. Diss info much! you just got caught

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't support Ron Paul however, I support peoples choices and 110% support the exposure of corruption. I'm glad this was exposed and that peoples votes actually counted for once. Hopefully eyes open a little wider with this.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

I wasn't trying to dis-info I was raising a question, which was important to do...now people know they held the CISPA vote early at Mid-Night, so that's why he wasn't there to vote against it.

Everyone needs to thouroughly investigate who they are going to vote for.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just wondering .... Would this make the Republican nominee void in the eyes of the US public? Unless its RP..... The public will decide.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Another self-righteous Paul supporter that thinks their opinion is fact.

Paul used to believe that using federal tax payer money for schools was unconstitutional. He no longer does. He also used to believe all schools at every level should be privatised. Until he changed his mind. But I guess you're smarter than Paul Mr Law School.

For the record, every court case that ends in a judgement has a losing lawyer, and judgements are frequently over-turned by higher courts. Because the legal system isn't an absolute. Every time something hits the supreme court it's because the legal and judicial system, full of super geniuses like you, can't agree what laws mean, or what IS constitutional. And guess what else, when the SC is deliberating, at least fairly frequently, people don't actual know what they will decide, because the law and the constituion is not as clear-cut as the supporters of Paul, brain-trusts like you, pretend it is.

And you know what, if you pay attention at all, and don't let your ideology cloud your judgement, like you have, you'd know this. The Constituion has been interpreted and re-interpreted and re-re-interpreted.

That's reality.

Maybe if you have time, you can search some of my old posts, several years old I'm sure, where I have said that.... the Constitution is what ever SCOTUS decides it is and if you want, you can even over simplify it a little more by saying the Constitution of the United States is whatever Justice Kennedy says it is.
I prefer Ron Paul's understanding of the Constitution, it is closer to the original intent because he doesn't try to twist it in knots to fit some partisan philosophy.
.......Oh, and I am against FEDERAL funding of public schools..........and if Ron changed his mind on that, I guess I will just take my toys home and vote for Romney, or Obama, because Ron doesn't share every single opinion I do...BOO friggin HOO.
........Ron is the best candidate this Country has had in my lifetime, hands down.......If he can scare the FED and the IRS and the Industrial War Complex.......he had my vote at hello.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
Ah so THIS is why Obama is taking guns away!

This is a joke, right? I'm a RP supporter (and my brother is a RP delegate alternate), and what we've always seen as the biggest threat is infiltration (on purpose or through ignorance) of the movement by limbaugh types - spreading lies and speaking imaginary nonsense, shooting credibility in the foot. There's not yet been one sign of Obama taking guns away. The biggest "gun control" administration we've had, in fact, was Reagan, with Clinton a close second.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
its interesting to me that on the surface,republicans will say that the fight for the nomination is good,it will sharpen a candidate for debates,ect...but what good is all comes if members of your own party that want their guy nominated cheat,lie,swindle,break fec rules,or just plain try to hide something like the fact that RP won those delagates?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Same here! I'm going to vote for who I want and not what the popular choice is. At least when it all goes downhill from another 4 years of Obama I will know I tried to get the right person in office IMO.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

we'll see how long this lasts. they always have a trick up their sleeves.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join