Ron Paul Wins Missouri Delegates + Caucus Chairman Arrested.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

Some of his policies on the environment and our safety net , schooling concern me... but what is life without liberty ?

I think you may be misinformed about how these things would go over in the proposed Paul presidency.

#1 Pollution / Environment -

By protecting the property rights of citizens through Law, Paul's plan is to allow the people to use litigation to sue corporations for any type of pollution they may have dumped on their property/land. This includes air pollution.

So actually we don't need the EPA, we need a court system willing to try big corporations for their crimes and to stand up for and protect the natural rights of citizens.

(Paul explained this to me and it makes perfect sense).

# 2 'Safety Net' -

Paul explicitly said he will not cut food stamps, and it would be one of the last things he cuts from the budget because he knows people are hurting and need that funding to feed their families.

By fixing our monetary system and legal system, Paul anticipates that the numbers of enrolled stamp users would drop steadily over the years until it was no longer a necessary supplement. So essentially the plan is to ween people off by providing jobs and better pay, less taxes, etc.

# 3 'Schooling' -

The public school system in the USA used to be one of the world's best, but after the Department of Education was formed through the Executive branch of the federal govt, it's quality and reputation have collapsed into dismay. The "Department of Education Organization Act" was passed in 1979 btw.

By eliminating these federal bureaucrats out of the system, we can improve the quality and efficiency of our system, and we can save $, and hopefully regain our long lost reputation as the beacon of education and enlightenment.

These department bureaucrats get salaries over 100,000 $ a year, many of them making over 250,000 $ a year. This is one of the main sources of wasteful spending in this screwed up system.

Also we have the top bureaucrats in the department conspiring behind closed doors with the publishers of school text books, scheming to drive up prices even further every year and to constantly require new editions to be printed and required every year. Price fixing and false demand, a type of veiled racketeering to be sure.

Before the Dept was created, we had the Office of Education (Bureau) (1867-1972)
And the Office of Education was actually very small and cheap compared to today's behemoth.
They basically were tasked with passing out educational information to everyone, but here is the kicker, they had NO POWER to dictate the educational policies of the various states.

That is why it was eliminated and a new system developed, because the Federal government wanted an agency that did have power to dictate educational policy to anyone anywhere.
Two links for sourcing my info:
Dept of Edu wiki
Office of Edu wiki

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by muzzleflash

You can't "prove" someone is racist unless they come out and admit it, so of course it is my opinion.

But it is opinion backed up by lots of data...he is either a racist or an idiot for having a newsletter that has his name on it publishing racist stories attributed to be written by himself.

So take your pick...racist or completely incompetent idiot.

I pick racist...you are free to pick idiot if you want to deny he is racist.

This is ALL the dirt people can ever dig on RP. Nobody looks to the decades of being a good Dr., a decade of being a GREAT politician, and decades of being a good husband and father.

ACTIONS speak louder than words, bud. Words that were most likely not from his own mouth. It is political suicide to do so, and nothing he has done in his entire political career corroborates what was in those notes.

ACTIONS speak louder than words. SAY IT, you know it is true.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

You can't "prove" someone is racist unless they come out and admit it, so of course it is my opinion.

But it is opinion backed up by lots of data...he is either a racist or an idiot for having a newsletter that has his name on it publishing racist stories attributed to be written by himself.

This is ALL the dirt people can ever dig on RP. Nobody looks to the decades of being a good Dr., a decade of being a GREAT politician, and decades of being a good husband and father.

ACTIONS speak louder than words, bud. Words that were most likely not from his own mouth. It is political suicide to do so, and nothing he has done in his entire political career corroborates what was in those notes.

So I guess you are going with Ron Paul being an incompetent idiot that didn't know what was being published under his name in his own newsletter???

Or do you have another excuse as to why those were written in his name???

And that is a bit of a stretch calling him a "great" politician...you do know that he has a very very poor record of getting anything accomplished...right???

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You should then place the blame on YOUR congressman or woman and ask WHY they did not vote for Ron's legislation!

Read what he wants to put into law, and how hard he has tried.

As a citizen who voted your particular congress-person into office, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure they vote the way you feel is right. Don't put it on RP to convince YOUR congress-person.

Still going on about these letters? Like I said, that's all you got, and it is speculation at best. If we were in court and you brought that up as your only evidence, how fast do you suppose you'd lose your case? It is speculation, close to hearsay, and not proof of such. It is also likely that he made a mistake in trusting someone at some point, and this information came out when he wasn't overlooking every little detail of the newsletters. Keep in mind, he's not known to be a very lazy guy. He keeps busy, and has the voting record to prove it (he's often there, many congressional people are simply not), and he tends to not deal with the small petty stuff because the BIG issues like the atrocities that happen in Gov't every day likely take up his time. Even back then!

Condemning evidence is required to call someone a racist or an idiot in my book. Romney and Obama are not idiots, they know exactly what they are doing. Of course what they are doing is not serving the people that put them in office.

At least RP is. He's creating the legislation because that's what the people want.

So I ask you - Do you want the FED? IRS? We can go toe to toe, one issue at a time if need be.

So I guess you are going with Ron Paul being an incompetent idiot that didn't know what was being published under his name in his own newsletter???

Or do you have another excuse as to why those were written in his name???

And that is a bit of a stretch calling him a "great" politician...you do know that he has a very very poor record of getting anything accomplished...right???

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh ok, so what is your buddy Obama going to accomplish? And what will Romney do? Haha.

Hmm, you think he's a racist, and doesn't get anything accomplished.

Yeah ok, thanks for your cogent analysis. I'm still voting for Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
while I wait for a response, let's review

en.wikipedia.org...

He's done a LOT so there is a lot to see. Maybe we should just focus on one single topic.

How about taxes?

Tax Free Tips Act of 2009. H.R. 779, 2009-01-28, originally H.R. 4408, 1998-08-05. Provides that tips shall not be subject to income or employment taxes.
Public Safety Tax Cut Act. H.R. 3303, 2007-08-01, originally H.R. 3124, 1999-10-21. Creates tax credit for police officers and professional firefighters, and makes public safety volunteer benefits nontaxable.
Cost of Government Awareness Act of 2007. H.R. 3601, 2007-09-19, originally H.R. 4855, 2000-07-13. Eliminates employer withholding tax and replaces it with monthly installment payment of income tax by employees, finding that withholding taxes are inherently deceptive and unfair and that they "hide the true cost of government from taxpayers, making tax increases more feasible".
Taxpayers' Freedom of Conscience Act of 2009. H.R. 1233, 2009-02-26, originally H.R. 1548, 2003-04-01. To prohibit any Federal official from expending any Federal funds for any population control or population planning program or any family planning activity.
Property tax: H.R. 4293, 2007-12-05, originally H.R. 5860, 2006-07-20. Creates income tax deduction for real property taxes.
Abolition of income tax: H.J.Res. 23, 2007-02-07. Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens. Repeals the Sixteenth Amendment, income tax, estate tax, and gift tax, and limits the government only to Constitutionally authorized enterprises. Paul had proposed similar legislation in 1999-2000 and in 2001.[2]
Lutetium oxide: H.R. 962, 2009-02-10, originally H.R. 3731, 2007-10-02. To suspend temporarily the duty on lutetium oxide, an ingredient in laser crystals.
Tax Relief for Transportation Workers Act. H.R. 1097, 2009-02-13, originally H.R. 5991, 2008-05-07. To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide tax relief for obtaining transportation worker identification credentials.

That's a good start.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

You should then place the blame on YOUR congressman or woman and ask WHY they did not vote for Ron's legislation!

Read what he wants to put into law, and how hard he has tried.

I would applaud them for voting against Ron Paul's backwards views.

Call me crazy...but I don't think we should allow segregation or allow discrimination towards women.

Like it or not...Ron Paul doesn't have a large base of support, in congress or in general...just a very small minority.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

He's done a LOT so there is a lot to see. Maybe we should just focus on one single topic.

How about taxes?

Tax Free Tips Act of 2009. H.R. 779, 2009-01-28, originally H.R. 4408, 1998-08-05. Provides that tips shall not be subject to income or employment taxes.
Public Safety Tax Cut Act. H.R. 3303, 2007-08-01, originally H.R. 3124, 1999-10-21. Creates tax credit for police officers and professional firefighters, and makes public safety volunteer benefits nontaxable.
Cost of Government Awareness Act of 2007. H.R. 3601, 2007-09-19, originally H.R. 4855, 2000-07-13. Eliminates employer withholding tax and replaces it with monthly installment payment of income tax by employees, finding that withholding taxes are inherently deceptive and unfair and that they "hide the true cost of government from taxpayers, making tax increases more feasible".
Taxpayers' Freedom of Conscience Act of 2009. H.R. 1233, 2009-02-26, originally H.R. 1548, 2003-04-01. To prohibit any Federal official from expending any Federal funds for any population control or population planning program or any family planning activity.
Property tax: H.R. 4293, 2007-12-05, originally H.R. 5860, 2006-07-20. Creates income tax deduction for real property taxes.
Abolition of income tax: H.J.Res. 23, 2007-02-07. Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens. Repeals the Sixteenth Amendment, income tax, estate tax, and gift tax, and limits the government only to Constitutionally authorized enterprises. Paul had proposed similar legislation in 1999-2000 and in 2001.[2]
Lutetium oxide: H.R. 962, 2009-02-10, originally H.R. 3731, 2007-10-02. To suspend temporarily the duty on lutetium oxide, an ingredient in laser crystals.
Tax Relief for Transportation Workers Act. H.R. 1097, 2009-02-13, originally H.R. 5991, 2008-05-07. To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide tax relief for obtaining transportation worker identification credentials.

That's a good start.

He has done a lot....of nothing.

He has had one bill passed in his entire career...and that was to get land donated to a historical society....way to protect our freedoms there Ronny.

Go find one piece of meaningful legislation that he sponsored that has been signed into law.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Score one for the good guys. Eugene Dokes is a dirty son of a $&#$#.

152 Delegates for us, count it baby.

And Ben Swann is one of my heroes after all the coverage he's given, if it weren't for him the injustices and defamation of Ron Paul would go unchecked.

Thumbs up every Ben Swann video and "Like" him on Facebook if you use it. He deserves it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well bud, I guess we'll all enjoy our CISPA then huh

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

How about taxes?

That's a good start.

He has done a lot....of nothing.

He has had one bill passed in his entire career...and that was to get land donated to a historical society....way to protect our freedoms there Ronny.

Go find one piece of meaningful legislation that he sponsored that has been signed into law.

What I see is a bunch of politicians who are bought and paid for, and who are told what to vote.

This guy wants to abolish the FED and the IRS, and the income tax. And replace it with nothing.

And you think crooked politicians in the pocket of these people would vote on that? You put them in congress, it is up to you to take them out.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Score one for the good guys. Eugene Dokes is a dirty son of a $&#$#.

152 Delegates for us, count it baby.

And Ben Swann is one of my heroes after all the coverage he's given, if it weren't for him the injustices and defamation of Ron Paul would go unchecked.

Thumbs up every Ben Swann video and "Like" him on Facebook if you use it. He deserves it.

Just do me a favor...go look up how many delegates MO gets.

Then re-asses your claim of 152 delegates for Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

What I see is a bunch of politicians who are bought and paid for, and who are told what to vote.

This guy wants to abolish the FED and the IRS, and the income tax. And replace it with nothing.

And you think crooked politicians in the pocket of these people would vote on that? You put them in congress, it is up to you to take them out.

But I don't want to go back to a gold standard that would turn us into a third world country.

I actually like income taxes because I like having public libraries, a highway system, national parks, knowing that the less fortunate have food and shelter and the many other benefits I enjoy from having to pay taxes.

What I don't want is Ron Paul to take us back to pre-civil rights era.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Call me crazy...but I don't think we should allow segregation or allow discrimination towards women.

Me either so they should ban political correctness!

Political Correctness legalized racism and segregation.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I guess the FDA will have to up the fluoride tolerance in Missouri's drinking water because of this.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflashI think you may be misinformed about how these things would go over in the proposed Paul presidency.

#1 Pollution / Environment -

By protecting the property rights of citizens through Law, Paul's plan is to allow the people to use litigation to sue corporations for any type of pollution they may have dumped on their property/land. This includes air pollution.

So actually we don't need the EPA, we need a court system willing to try big corporations for their crimes and to stand up for and protect the natural rights of citizens.

(Paul explained this to me and it makes perfect sense).

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it, with regard to being able to sue, how will we make this affordable for small folks ? Right now anyone trying to go against say Monsanto (small farmers), are basically spent into oblivion in our court system..and usually end up having to settle or go bancrupt.

The other issue is what about people that don't own property or land, what remedy is there for them if their Landlord couldn't give a .... about their well being ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That's why I liked RP. Because he didn't contribute to all of these bs laws.

The US Code is over 200,000 pages long.
200,000 pages of utter garbage regulating virtually every little thing you can imagine, including what people assume to be their natural rights, thus challenging constitutional authority with statutory authority.

Myself and a massive ton of Americans are sick and tired of these wanna-be Caesars dictating every little thing about policy and prohibiting all sorts of harmless or seemingly inconsequential activities.

No human being can learn and recite 200,000 pages of this junk. People want to live a simple life with their friends and families, and try to make the best of the hands they were dealt. If you aren't impeding on someone else's rights than you can't legitimately be considered a law breaker.

The issue here is that "statutory law" is being treated as if it were the "primary authority", where as that is corruption and giving great lee-way to and promulgating further emergence and growth of miniature quasi-authoritarian/totalitarian oligarchies.

And "constitutional law" is being relegated to "secondary authority" status. This is criminal or treasonous because "constitutional law" is technically suppose to be the ultimate primary authority, as it is the "Law of the Land".

Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Treaties, made pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, shall be "the supreme law of the land." The text decrees these to be the highest form of law in the U.S. legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either the state constitution or state law of any state. (Note that the word "shall" is used, which makes it a necessity, a compulsion.) However, the Supremacy Clause only applies if the federal government is acting in pursuit of its constitutionally authorized powers, as noted by the phrase "in pursuance thereof" in the actual text of the Supremacy Clause itself.

That means that the US Constitution itself has ultimate power, and that if the powers exercised are not specifically delegated to the Federal govt, they do not have the legitimate authority to pursue those powers.

In the US Code, throughout the 200,000 pages, you will certainly find countless examples that could easily be called "unconstitutional" or otherwise "exercising a power not specifically delegated".

And it doesn't just end there however, as States do their fair share in churning out countless policies and prohibitions against the citizenry through legislative means. State legislatures need to be roadblocked as well.

Gridlock is good. We need more of it. Ron Paul represents that gridlock, because he doesn't pass legislation, he tries to prevent it typically.

And the Judicial branch needs to get off it's rear and start tossing out as much of this legislation as possible as quickly as feasible. Obviously they are in on the gravy train that's why nothing is being done to stop this tsunami of regulations.

That's where you have got it all wrong, "Meaningful Legislation"? We already have a Constitution that tells the government what it's authority is, and that's all we actually needed. We didn't need the US Code, it's actually our undoing.

Common Law already allows for criminal and civil law to be handled adequately. Legislative statutory law has become an abomination and the scourge of civil rights. The corporations essentially are lobbying the government to set policy and regulate human activity in order to gain the upper hand in the marketplace against their competition. It's a market consolidation tactic.

Of course this happens in every nation, but as an American citizen my authority is over the United States governmental apparatus. Although they deny my actual authority I do legally have it vested within me and therefore I am submitting yet another protest and declaration of grievance.

You should really read these articles from Wiki :

Supremacy Clause

Statutory Law
Common Law

Stare decisis et non quieta movere

Primary Authority
Secondary Authority

US Code

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That link to the US Code wiki explains how it is codified and organized and what agencies deal with various aspects of the process.

Here is a tidbit :

Because of this codification approach, a single named statute (like the Taft-Hartley Act, or the Embargo Act) may or may not appear in a single place in the Code. Often, complex legislation bundles a series of provisions together as a means of addressing a social or governmental problem; those provisions often fall in different logical areas of the Code. For example, a bill providing relief for family farms might affect items in Title 7 (Agriculture), Title 26 (Tax), and Title 43 (Public Lands). When the bill is codified, its various provisions might well be placed in different parts of those various Titles. Traces of this process are generally found in the Notes accompanying the "lead section" associated with the popular name, and in cross-reference tables that identify Code sections corresponding to particular Acts of Congress.

So sections of any one bill passed in Congress can become many various segments of the US Code.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i watched your video and that made my day.i noticed another video among those, and clicked on it, here it is. this made my week.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

The other issue is what about people that don't own property or land, what remedy is there for them if their Landlord couldn't give a .... about their well being ?

Your body is harmed through water, air, food, etc contamination. And you own your body legally.

Class action suits would probably aid in remedying the cost for poor folks.
The problems are numerous indeed, as all of the major issues such as monetary or the legal systems need complete overhauls to get anything working correctly. So really by fixing the larger problems this particular detail would be remedied incrementally.

However you are right that there is a major financial issue in relation to having our rights trampled and not being able to economically muster the capability to legally defend ourselves against these monster corporations. We will need to really work on that and find ways to add to our impact.

Also looking into criminal investigations and prosecutions for various specific individuals involved in whatever potential criminal actions is necessary so that the people feel that justice is being served. The problem right now is that the government is in bed with the corporate $, and they are not taking any claims seriously or they are purposely ignoring them. (Throwing it out of court as frivolous, etc).

So we would be looking at criminal and civil trials simultaneously if the judicial branch would do it's job.

If we the people cannot utilize our judicial apparatus to pursue justice, if we cannot have our votes count at the ballot, etc, we are truly screwed.

But there is a way out of the darkness. Each problem we face can be solved.
First thing though, we need to get these criminals out of power and in handcuffs, and to allow the population to recuperate some of the $$ damages to it's property (objects and bodies) through civil action in court, and for these corporations precious profits to be turned into paying for all the damage they caused.

When we finally can empower ourselves with our natural rights as citizens and human beings, when we finally stand up, we can control and regulate these corporations with basic common law and by boycotting their products/services.In fact these mega corporations are using Federal regulations to control the citizenry and profit even more off of them and get away with causing widespread damage to ecosystems and populations.

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join