It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much do governments really know about the UFO phenomenon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
One of the more popular beliefs within the UFO community is the belief that various governments know a great deal about the UFO phenomenon. Many believe governments are working along side of various ETs in order to gain technology, haven been helped by ETs and been given technology, or at least know what the truth is concerning UFOs and ETs. However, what if none of this is the real truth?

I have always wondered if governments really know more about the UFO phenomenon than the average UFO junkie. Of course governments know there is indeed a strange phenomenon going on that consist of very strange craft doing extreme things that seem to be unearthly. I would also bet my bottom dollar that governments know there is some truth to the abduction phenomenon as well. Yet, do they really know what is going on?

In my opinion we do not even know what the UFO phenomenon truly is. Yes, there are indeed flying saucers, disks, cigars, triangles, orbs, etc.; however, who or what pilots these is still up for debate. I assume most of these craft have their origins within various governments, but I also believe a very small percent are of a questionable origin. Aliens? This is a very strong probability. Inter-dimensional beings? Perhaps. Time-travelers? Could be. I am not sure. So maybe governments are unsure as well. Could this uncertainty be the reason for their silence?

Sure maybe they have downed craft, they may have a body or two, and they may have even meet some of the pilots, but perhaps they have no idea what it all means. Maybe the reason the governments keep their mouth shut on the subject is because they know nothing more than a very strange phenomenon is taking place.

Do you believe various governments know what is truly going on? If so, what makes you believe this? Or, do you believe, like me, that governments are just as lost as we are on phenomenon and want to keep quiet until they learn more?

I would like to hear your opinions on this matter.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It is my belief that maybe factions that are in the government that work out side the government along with others that are not government affiliates would be more likely to know more if there is any degree of truth to be had, simply because it's easier to keep things quiet an under wraps with a smaller organization, but I'm not saying I have proof or anything just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by davidwaters84

I'm sure 'most' governments don't know whats up, but I'm also sure that THIS government does.How much? Thats anyones guess really. But if they have bodies then I'm sure autopsy's have been done, if they caught any of them alive... well I'm sure they are hanging on to them and milking them for any and all info they can get.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Dear davidwaters84

I believe it is a question of what you mean by Government or Governments.

Dose Obama for instance, most likely not, who would trust a man who is elected for only a four year term, do elements of the US military industrial complex know my guess is yes.

Are the US military industrial complex working with ET, perhaps.

My 2 pence worth

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Lets say for arguments sake, that governments don't really know whats going, do you believe governments would work with one and another in order to try and figure the phenomenon out? Or do you believe they would keep every bit of knowledge they have within their own country?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

former canadian minister of defense..
edit on 26-4-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidwaters84
Lets say for arguments sake, that governments don't really know whats going, do you believe governments would work with one and another in order to try and figure the phenomenon out? Or do you believe they would keep every bit of knowledge they have within their own country?

certain military alliances would cross reference intel, but some of that data could be horded one could imagine.
and they might just go through other channels, or it's not even within what we call government's hands.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
They know there are other things in our Galaxy that are smarter than us. They have probably managed to acquire some of their technology or even some of "them". That's my .02

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

I assume you mean the US government. I am curious why you believe most other governments would be out of the loop? I myself believe the American government would be one of the more knowledgeable when it comes to the phenomenon, but I would guess others(Russia, China, Japan, Israel, ect.) would have some knowledge.

Hmm, you make me wounder.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Dear davidwaters84

It would seam to be a fact that reputable observers have witnessed aircraft doing things that are well beyond the capability of us, or as far as we know.

All of this in very highly restricted airspace, shining beams of some sort down into areas containing nuclear weapons.

All of which we seam to be totally incapable of stopping.

Do you for one second think this is not driving the upper ranks of the military around the world insane?

There is only one reason they are not in world wide mass panic and that is because they know them and what is going on.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well I am sure they know something is going on, I am just not sure they know what it is all about.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

How much do governments really know about the UFO phenomenon?

I've heard what John Alexander has said about this,and I believe it makes a lot of sense. They don't know much more that the general public, and probably understand a bit less.

What they do have is probably superior data, photos, quality witnesses, and technical reports. they also have the benefit of knowing a lot more about what are not UFOs, and can eliminate the black projects and stray military aerial operations.

If governments are hiding something, it is probably just their inability to control the situation.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Tons & tons of speculation/ conspiracy theories (9 times out of 10 conspiracy theories started by those in a position to write books etc & earn money at it, don't forget) yet there is nothing (in the real world) that comes close to convincing me personally that the authorities know any more than us basic plebs IMHO

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

So you believe they are keeping quiet because they have no idea what is really going on?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Yes. The US got rid of Blue Book because it seemed to add legitimacy to the very thing they'd rather not discuss.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
more then us THE END

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just a thought on this cause where have we heard that those being in charge of a countries
money care little about who runs the government. We can thus assume the government knows
nothing of UFOs and the idea that international bankers know UFOs very well.

A deduction if not verified by a Mr. Lyne.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

One of the more popular beliefs within the UFO community is the belief that various governments know a great deal about the UFO phenomenon. Many believe governments are working along side of various ETs in order to gain technology, haven been helped by ETs and been given technology, or at least know what the truth is concerning UFOs and ETs. However, what if none of this is the real truth?

Now that story is the ET story and not the Tesla story which goes Germany developed the Tesla
electrostatic waves by the end of WWII, perhaps Hitler knowing this present day free energy
wonder was under development played the UFO card to stay alive, as US and Russia picked up
the UFO development in the late 1940s. So no ETs in that story.

In my opinion we do not even know what the UFO phenomenon truly is. Yes, there are indeed flying saucers, disks, cigars, triangles, orbs, etc.; however, who or what pilots these is still up for debate. I assume most of these craft have their origins within various governments, but I also believe a very small percent are of a questionable origin. Aliens? This is a very strong probability. Inter-dimensional beings? Perhaps. Time-travelers? Could be. I am not sure. So maybe governments are unsure as well. Could this uncertainty be the reason for their silence?

Well some people think they know that Tesla is the source and therefore none of what you
suggest applies. Since the common answers never go the Tesla way we should stand back
and find out what gives in the way of the international conspiracy for free energy.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think that the people who have the power and wealth know about the phenomenon, and are keeping it to themselves to obtain more power and wealth. I don't think its limited to one countries elite, but the worlds, could that be considered a one world secret government? I just wish the people that know would release the information and let us decide for ourselves enough with the "parental guidance".

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Suranwrap200

I also assume most major governments know there is a phenomenon going on, but do you believe they know what the phenomenon truly is? That is the question I always wonder about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join